main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Esira's art stuff (updated 21/06/06)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Esira, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I really like the colored "Desert Babe," Esira--lightening up the contrast just a bit might help, but the colors really add to the life of the drawing, I think! Very nice! I'll say again that Obi Wan looks great, too! ;) Keep up the great work!

FF

2. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Hey Esira, that looks really good, I think you did an excellent job on coloring too. Nice tans and browns, reflecting that desert theme. Keep up the good work! :)

-DZ

3. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Thanks FalconFan! Yeah, I played around with the contrast for a bit but I found it hard to get it the way I wanted. Or maybe my moniter has a different setting lol!

Thank you very much DZ! Your comments are much appreciated seeing as I am in constant awe of your work!

Thanks for taking the time to look at my stuff guys, I really appreciate the comments! ;) I'll try and get that one of Aura finnished, I'm such a lazy person!! [face_blush]

4. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    I thought it's about time I star tackling stuff that I'm crap at in order to get better, so here's an actual scene, with Esira wearing a different expression from that blank smile my characters usually wear! :D
    Jedi tears

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Excellent job capturing the emotion in this drawing. You can almost feel the turmoil she's going through. Using primarily blues and purples and the loose line work also helps to heighten that effect. Overall, excellent drawing! :)

6. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I really like your stuff, Esia. :) The colors are so vibrant, but the black and white rendering of Grievous is especially well done as well. :D

7. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    Thank you solo! I know there are quite a few things wrong with the drawing but I'm trying to take a few steps foreward! I'm also experimenting to find a style which suits my sketchy drawing style lol.

Thank you too Yane and thanks for thaking the time to comment! :)

8. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Wow! That's great! :)

9. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, very good, Esira! The emotion is right there: very raw and powerful. I agree with HS29, too, on the "loose linework"--it really fits with this image! Excellent work!

FF

10. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    I love it, Esira! :D It's even better than I thought it would be. *squeals* [face_hug]

Absolutely amazing.... :)

11. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    No problem! :D

12. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    No problem, Esira.

I just saw the Jedi tears one! It's gorgeous. :D

13. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    After looking at c_c's art thread I decided to have a go at designing an outfit for one of my characters. The story is a long one so I won't go into it but you'll probably notice some handmaiden (KOTOR 2) influence in it.
    Anyhow, forgive the messy watercolours and dodgy inking, I'm tired!! Esira outfit

14. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Jedi tears is wonderful. You captured the emotion very well. :)

15. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    Hey, the Esira concepts are really cool! A very interesting idea. :) I like!

16. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Wow! That's great! And really sexy ;)

17. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Beautiful, Esira! Watercolors and ink...two hopelessly difficult mediums, if you ask me (I like the ease of pencils! :p )--and despite what you say, they look great! I love the concept--a good, easy-to-move-in outfit (though she might need to use the Force to help her land her jumps in those heels... ;) ), and a beautiful, flowing robe to disguise it all (is that embroidery, along the edges of the robe? Wow...). Just beautiful!

FF

18. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Esira, your costume designs are really good! I really like how you showed multiple views of the outfit! Very, very good stuff! :D

19. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    Thanks ThrawnRocks! :)

yeah, I realised that after I had started them FalconFan! Oh, and the heels, I was figuring the same as they look impossible to move in, but I liked them so much that they stayed! :D Thanks for the compliments!

Cheers DZ! I found the back view one surprisingly hard as I never draw people froom the back view so maybe thats something I should work on! ;)

Oh and thanks for the compliments Obi-Dawn!!

20. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    I really like how you showed multiple views of the outfit!

That's one of the things I really liked about it, as well. I always have trouble with the motion poses.... You handled it quite well. :)

21. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    Thanks c_c! All you have to do is practise! It took me severall tries to get the back one right! I need to work on drawing men now, as I can't draw them at all!

22. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    I saw corellian_chic242's new rp char and I just had to draw her. So I did!
    Here ya go: Lexes

;)

23. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    :D And an awesome job you did, my friend. :) Excellent piece!

24. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Really nice! :) This character is reminding me more and more of Shada all the time...

25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ooo...I like it! You can tell from the position her body's in that she means business. Having her face hidden by a veil also adds an element of mystery to the character. Nice job! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.