main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Esira's art stuff (updated 21/06/06)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Esira, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    That's pretty good :) The close up looks definately masculine. For the second one there are too things that I think are holding back that manly manness :p

1) The jacket. Probably too late now, but the jacket looks a bit tight for typical male clothing.

2) Most importantly, the neck. If you thicken his neck he will look a lot more masculine :)

Ohter then that, good job :)

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Very nice, Esira--I think ThrawnRocks has a couple of good points, but other than that, he looks very good! I like the shaggy hair, and the visor you gave him (as usual, the way you "outfit" and "arm" your characters is wonderful!). My only suggestion on "masculine physical characteristics" might be to browse thru some magazines and really study the proportions of the men in the pictures--they definitely come in all shapes and sizes (just like women!), but there are some things that tend to define male forms--like necks a bit "thicker," and a noses a bit "wider" (on most, but not all men...). Very good, tho! ;)

FF

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I agree with ThrawnRocks that the close-up sketch really looks good. I love the loose style you used and his expression is great. :)

As for the second one, I have to agree with both FalconFan and ThrawnRocks that some things are missing that would make him look more masculine. The neck is one, like they have mentioned. I would also say that you could widen his shoulders a bit to really get that masculine feel. Other than that, I think you really have something going here. ;)

4. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Thanks so much for the tips guys! I really apreciate it!

I see what you mean ThrawnRocks, I honestly hadn't noticed his jacket so I'll make sure to change that!

Thats a good idea FalconFan, I think I'll do that as I definatly need practise!

Thanks for taking the time to comment Solo, again I really apreciate it!

Right, back to work!
    ;)

5. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    Just posting two quick sketches I did today of Esira and my Revan:

Esira Kahn

Revan

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Nice job! I really like the first one of Esira. It has a nice sketchy feel to it and great line work. I also like the pose you put her in - in fact, I really like the poses you put all of your characters in. You have a real knack for coming up with something different when it comes to this area. ;) Keep up the great work!

7. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Wow! Both of thoes are great :)

8. Ty_Ordell

Ty_Ordell Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2002
    Wow, your stuff is awesome, I really like the 3 friends one, I wanna be their fourth friend =P~ . Your coloured pieces are stunning, keep it up!

9. Ty_Ordell

Ty_Ordell Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2002
    Sorry I don't know what happened. I accidentally double posted, Doing things I don't mean to do is what I do best. OMG!! Look over there it's KING KONG!! ....quickly sneaks away as everyone turns around.....

10. Marmida

Marmida Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 22, 2004
    Esira, you have such a beautiful style. That Revan is lovely and The other work you have done is awesome too. So clear and still complex.
    I like very much!

Marmida

11. DkSavior02

DkSavior02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    Hey, I love the sketch of Esira, it's got some nice action to it, and she is very pretty ;) I also really like Revan. KOTOR (and II) were some of my most favorite games, and I think there is not nearly enough artwork out there for it, very lovely.

12. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Wow E! I love the first one! What a great pose and the eyes really convey some strong emotion! Excellent job! :D

-DZ

13. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow! I am so liking your style, Esira! Very dynamic--there's so much "movement" in each one, as tho they're going to blast into action in the next instant. Your proportions and mechanics are just wonderful--things I really admire (and sort of remind me of Darth Zemog's work)! Can't wait to see some more!

FF

14. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    Wow thanks for all the comments guys!

Thanks Solo! I've actually had that pose in mind for a while now but I only recently managed to draw a decent pic of it lol! :) However I am swiftly running out of poses, better get thinking.... [face_thinking]

Thanks to you ThrawnRocks for taking time to comment! ;)

Lol!! Thanks Ty_Ordell and no worries about the double post, it boosts my thread up a bit lol! :D

Marmida, I'm very glad that you like my work, I too like yours! Thank you for stopping to comment! I am hoping that slowly I am developing a unique stlye of my own because over the last few years I have mostly been mimiking other artists which I admire, (or stalk in some cases...[face_blush]) but now I am hoping to move away from that slightly.

Thanks DkSaviour02, I was trying to capture the movement and action in her pose so i am glad that I managed to achieve that just! I agree totally about KOTOR, its definatly my favourite game of all time, maybe I should do some more art from it, the characters in the games are so cool and memorable.

Wow! Thanks DZ!! I was trying to capture her, slightly p-d off, no nonsense attitude in the pic. I have in my head a brief story behind her and wanted to capture one of the moments, and thise pose seemed to work the best.
    Again thanks soo much for commenting! You are one of those artists who have inspired me a great deal since coming to these boards! :D

and finnaly I must not forget you FF!! Thanks for commenting again as you usually do! I really ,reallly apreciate your comments and compliments! :D

As for more, I did this drawing of Esira ,again, but this time I wanted to design some battle armour for her.
    Its not a full body pic, and the colouring and shding was done very hastily but I like the overall design: Esira in armour

Thanks people! ;)

Edit: Whilst I'm at it I thought I'd also add a few icons which I've been working on lately!

Purple Aayla
    Aayla Secura
    Aayla Secura2
    Clone wars Aayla
    Bultar Swan
    Padme1
    *Spoiler* Padme2
    Padme3
    Padme4
    Padme5
    Padme6
    Clone wars Padme
    Alderaanian
    Trooper
    Trooper2
    Tropper3

15. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    That armour one is very cool :) I like the cape/cloak that's blowing to the right. :)

Wow! Those icos are really nice :) Be sure to post them in the icon thread in Comms :)

16. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    I thought I'd post this here because I actually quite like it.

Basically, my friend and I were drawing doodles using the new handwriting feature on MSN version 7, and after a few stick figures I thought why not have a go at drawing a big decent picture?
    So I found a nice picture of Padme from episode 3 that I liked, and in about ten minutes whipped up this quick sketchy thing.
    Its not amazing, as her face is wonkey and the likeness is terrible, but what I like about it is the fact that I drew it in MSN lol! :D

MSN Padme

17. Marmida

Marmida Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 22, 2004
    COOL! That Padme is beautiful! And that battlearmour was awesome! =D=
    I like them!

18. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek: =D= Wow!! I am so impressed by artists who use every available media, and who do it sooo well! I have to disagree with your assessment of Padme's likeness and her face "being 'wonky' ": I think it's a beautiful likeness, and love how it's shaded and textured! You've captured the precise features that make her face unique, and no one would have trouble identifying the image as Padme! Lovely, lovely work! Great icons, too--I especially like the Padme ones! BTW--is there a medium you don't work in? ;)

FF

19. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    Wow thanks FF!

As for a media I don't work in...
    It would have to be something extreme like oil on cannvas, though to be honest I've never tried lol! :D

And thanks Marmida! I'm glad you liked them, I am quite proud of them myself! :)

Oh, and I might not be uploadig anything for a while now cuz I'm getting behind with my school art project and I need to really get to work on it, so yeah..
    it won't be too long though! ;)

20. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    An update! Finnaly! :D

Basically I was starting to miss oekakiing and so I joined up a new one and drew this! its Mira from KOTOR2 and I love her, I think she is such a cool character: Mira

:)

21. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek: =D=

Wow!! That's just beautiful, Esira!! I just love her pose, and the shading and coloring--everything about it! You really have a gift--and put it to such good use! Wonderful work!

FF

22. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    Thank you FF!! :D
    I really apreciate your comments as you never fail to! ;)

23. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    I've finnaly finnished a picture of my Revan which I started a long time ago. Because of school work I had to abandon it for a bit but now its done! (even though my homework isn't! :p)

Darth Revan

Hope you like! :D

24. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Wow! That's fantastic! :) Wonderfull job! :) =D= I especially like how you did her eyes :)

25. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    Thanks ThrawnRocks! I think her eyes are the only features of her face that I'm ok with lol!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.