main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Esira's art stuff (updated 21/06/06)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Esira, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    You're much too critical of yourself (but who knows, maybe that's how you turn out such good work). The hair looks extremely realisitc for the medium. Also you did a wonderfull job at the shape of her lips and mouth :)

But still, the eyes really are spectacular :)

Y'know, it'd be cool to seea Jedi version of the same Revan :)

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Gobsmacked!! Beautiful, Esira!! I agree with ThrawnRocks: you're much too hard on your own work (an affliction suffered by most artists, of any type...)--this is especially lovely, with the deep, dramatic shadows, and yes--the way you've rendered her eyes. Excellent! =D=

FF

3. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    lol @ FF!! :D

I guess you both are right, however sometimes I am too slack with my work and recnetly I've been trying to tighten up on those things that I'm not so god at, like perspective, lighting and proportions etc.

But thanks for you kind comments! I really apreciate them! ;)

4. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    Wow, long time no update! [face_blush]

I've been kinda busy with schoolwork and stuff but I do have a few new things to show.

Yes General?
    This was a KOTOR 2 trade pic I did for someone on DevART.

Kara Antillies
    This was another trade on DevART lol.

Jedi on Tatooine
    This was a request from FlamingBladeSaber

Fya
    and finnaly this was a bad sketch I did during chemistry because I was bored lol. :)

5. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    An impressive collection of artwork you have here! :D I commented on a few selected pieces on devart, i'm jeddibub. :) Look forward to more in the near future.

6. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    Thank you very much! Yes I saw your comments, you are very flattering lol! :D

7. labpizza

labpizza Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    Kara Antillies -
    whoa what a great sense of anatomy! and i love the colouring.. so pretty!!

Desert Jedi -
    Argh this is awsome!!! i love the way you draw!! the hatching is awsome!

Fya sketch -
    bad? Please tell me your kidding... right? i'd kill to do atleat draw half as decent as you do!
    of course i've heard of sketches being done in class. but this surpases my steryotpical view on that.

8. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Glad to see more of your work :)

I really love yout drawing of Kara Antillies :) You got the proportions down perfectly! And you did a wonderful job at coloring :)

And if that was a bad sketch, I really want to see a good sketch, because that is already amazing :)

9. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    **tries to knock some justifiable self-pride into Esira**

I just cannot get over how wonderfully you render these characters, Esira! The beautiful shading and coloring (the framing on Kara is excellent), the almost perfect figure drawing, the wonderful expressions on their faces... I really, really like the Desert Jedi and your "chemistry sketch" (I refuse to use your word for it, as it is just patently not true...)--your grasp of directional shading and light-on-form is just fabulous, and I aspire to it! Don't denigrate your work--it is truly wonderful, and you have every right to be proud of your efforts! :D ;)

FF

10. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    A great batch of images! Personally, my favorite is the desert jedi sketch. I like the shading and the sort of pensive look to the image. Terrific job on the robes, especially.

11. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    Wow thanks for the comments guys!

Thanks Labpizza, I don't usually draw in class lol becasue I'm in GCSE coursework yeah but if you met my chemistry teacher then you'd probably understand lol! Normally my during-class sketches go stright in the bin when I get home lol, but I figured that this one was ok to keep.

Thrawnrocks, glad to see you still commenting lol! :D Thanks for your kind comments, I actually wasn't too happy with the Kara Antillies one, there was something wrong with it that I couldn't put my finger on, but most people seem to like it so I guess I'm happy with that! :)

[face_blush] Heh, you are right FF! I guess its not too bad a sketch... :p
    But thanks so much for commenting like you always do. I've been trying to work on my figures and lighting/composition recently, hopefully that shows slightly! Thanks so much again! :D

Wow, thanks for taking a look at my stuff Wicketone! It means alot as your paintings have been very inspirational for me!
    As for the desert jedi, I was trying out a new method of shading, and it seemed to work out quite well, so I might try it again some time!

Thanks people, your comments have really lightened whats been quite a bad day! :)

12. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    I have one new pic! I saw this Twi'lek character of someone on DevART and she was soo cool I had to draw her!
    Azalus
    So yeah, thats it for now lol! ;)

13. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    That's an excellent drawing; proportions are good, the hands look fine (and I'm someone who's drawn enough bad hands to know what they look like!), and you've even made her pretty (I really like well drawn faces). Cool.

14. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    Wow! I love your art! Especially the twi'leks. Looking forwad to more!

15. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Does anybody know how you favorite boards?

16. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    That's awsome :D The proportions are great. Her face looks very realistic, and again, wonderful job on the eyes! :) Also you did a very good job with her outfit, it's very cool :) And finaly, once again, wonderful job at coloring :)

17. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow! What a cool character (I totally agree with you on that, Esira!)! Is she a pilot, with the flight-looking suit and gloves? Very very nice--I especially like the coloring you used on her, with the pretty azure skin, and the unique "freckles!" And soits is right--her hands look fine to me, too! She's great--yet another outstanding effort from you! BTW--when do you finish school...? Seems like late in the year for that to still be going on...?

FF

18. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    Thanks Soits, the hands look not so bad now, but before I had edited the lineart on photoshop they were a mess lol! Hands are definatly something I neeed to work on ;)

I'm glad you like my stuff Brant_Flir! :D

Thanks soo much for your compliments again ThrawnRocks I do really aprecaiate them! :D I'm tyring desperatly to home in on a style of my own so that my draings become more recognisable. I think thats starting to happen finnaly! :p

Yeah I think she is a pilot FF, but she just has such a cool design with the outfit and colours and everything!
    Oh, I finnish school in about four weeks time or something... I'm not sure, but after school's out we don't go back untill September, so thats cool! :D

19. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Ah, you're right; this is a very cool character! The goggles and the gloves are awesome. I also like the way her hat-thing is formed to her lekku. The whole costume is just great to look at and you rendered it very well. The pose is also interesting; as if you caught her right in the middle of pulling her gloves on to get ready for her next flight.

20. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Hey E, that one looks cool! Great colors on it and the pose is very cool.

I would say that the body looks to be a little long in her mid section , but other than that it looks really good! :D

~DZ

21. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Really love your art, and i want to favorite this thread. Anybody know how to do that?

22. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    Thanks Wick! That was exactly the pose I was going for so I'm glad I pulled that off! :D
    And thanks DZ! I think what happened was the perspective messed up na little and her middle got too long and her hips to small, but neva mind! :p
    I'm also glad that you like my art, Brant_Flir, if you really want to favourite my thread then maye go to the first page and then bookmark it? I dunno...

23. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Cool. Thanks. Again, your art is great.

24. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    I know its been ages with no updates and I'm sorry to say I only have one small thing to show after all this time.
    I've been through a bad patch and I haven't drawn anything in ages but its slowly coming back to me so there should be rush of drawings on the way! ;)

But yeah, this is a quick sketch of a new character I did yesterday that I coloured really sloppily in photoshop just to get a grasp of the colour scheme and outfit etc.

Zilla

I really like how she turned out so I will be drawing more of her! Also, why is it that you never see many female Zabrak PCs? You get loads of twi'leks but personally I think Zabraks are cooler... so yeah anyways, thats it for now folks.

25. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Very cool :D I don;t think I've ever seen a Zaberak with red hair ;) I really like the costume design, and i love those little purple things :) ;) :p

Glad to see more of your work [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.