main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Esira's art stuff (updated 21/06/06)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Esira, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    I love the costume for this. It's very aggressive looking and certainly wouldn't look out-of-place on an elite assassin. Personally, I think the red hair is really great. Why have a character that's an alien species if they're not going to have a cool and unusual feature?

2. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Cool character sketch. I often draw figures in that kind of 3/4 pose, and I usually find it very difficult to make it work - legs in that perspective are tricky, while the feet I find to be a nightmare. I'm impressed you pulled it off so smoothly. =D=

3. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Thanks ThrawnRocks! I thought I'd try and be different with the character so hence the red hair! :p
    And I like the purple thingies too! :D

Thanks to you too Wick! I am quite pleased with the costume overall. I've been struggling with designs for a Zabrak jedi for a while and I have finally come up with one that I like. I didn't want a costume that was too over the top, too femenin, or too detailed and I really like what I finnished up with!
    And yeah, the red hair rocks! ;)

You are right Soits, its really hard to draw legs in this perspective, adn I'm not sure I fully pulled it off! :p But because it was only a quick sketch I didn't really do anything about it! My laziness. :)

Thanks for the comments guys! :)

4. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Hi Esira. I just had to say that these are really nice pieces you have here. I particularly like "Twi'lek Jedi" (elegant, but subdued. Plus I just have a findness for Twi'leks), "Grievous" (really nice handling of the shading), "Darth Revan" (love the colors), and "Exile" (I think I recognize her from the game).

It's great to see some KotOR charcters popping up in the mix here :)

5. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hey Esira!!! Where have you been?? We've missed having your new stuff coming up--and it's great to see this new character! The red hair is inspired (don't all the redheads have the most fun...? ;) ), and her costume is great--really liking the violet "amulets" that decorate it (and the color goes great with her red hair!). For more female Zabracks, check out LadySythe's thread--she's got some fantastic ones there! You'll really like her stuff!! It's wonderful to have you back--we missed you! :D

FF

6. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    OMG an update! :eek:

Thanks for your comments FF and Darth_Snuggle! :)

I have new pictures, first is a request from R_Zion:

Naemi Alto

And this one is a picture of my Revan and the Exile from KOTOR:

United

I am particularly proud of this one :)

So yeah, Comments are much apreciated ;)

7. DARTH_RAMA

DARTH_RAMA Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Nice I love it.

8. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    And so it is :D - it is very good, and I love that Dark Revan, especially his blade (I had that freakin' color for my Revan in KotOR as well).

The Zeltronian looks good as well. Keep it up ;)

9. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    More new stuff!! Great!

I was so happy to see your piece for R_Zion--what a wonderful character! I love her coloring--it's so bright, without seeming artificial--great job with that! I love the details on her flightsuit (you're always so good with the costuming and drapery!).

"United" is indeed a gorgeous piece: the colors, shading, light and just all of it are wonderful--I so love how you do this sort of painting, Esira! They're both very obviously warriors, but still retain their femininity--beautifully done! And yes--the background does look good! Great post--looking forward to more!

FF

10. Dark_Guardian

Dark_Guardian Jedi Master star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    A silver double-bladed lightsaber?!
    That's the same blade my character had in KotoR II...
    Seemed to be liked, this type of saber.

Great work, btw... I really like it.

11. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    WOW! That KOTOR one is wonderful! You did a great job at keeping the bodys proportional, you did a great job at Revens armour. And most of all you did a very very good job at giving the characters a sense of darkness :) You really need to do this style more :)

wow!

The Zeltron is also very good :)

12. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    Wow thanks for the comments guys!

Glad you like my stuff DARTH_RAMA, and thanks Corran_Fett! I really like dthat colour blade, mainly because it had the essence of a sith blade, but was not quite so as my Revan was actually lightside. I go for Simbolism in the game alot lol! Plus its a kickass colour!
    And thanks FF, I can't stop thanking you enough for your comments lol! I really wanted to get the mood of the KOTOR pice right, make them seem menacing and powerful, but still female lol!
    So I'm glad that worked at least!

You had the same blade Dark_Guardian? It is a very cool combination! Good to see we both have good taste :p

Thanks Thrawn_Rocks! I was much happier with Revans armour this time, I think I put a bit more effort into it lol.
    I might do a pic of just the Exile alone in this style seeing as I already did one of Revan beacuse I like how they turned out, and like you said, the darkness about them! :)

Oh, Naemi was such a kick ass character to draw! Her colours are soo cool!

13. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Very, very solid rendering of the clothing on both of these images. I really like the style of robe you designed for the jedi on the right in the second picture. It has kind of a mixture of asian leather armour and traditional robes. I like it a lot.

And the very bright skintone on the first character is very striking. I like it when people use unusual colours for their characters, since it seems pretty common now to have blue or green skinned people running about...

14. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Whoa, that United picture was awesome! Great job with all of these!

15. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    I finnaly got round to finnishing a picture of a new jedi character.

Zilla

I'm not overly happy with it but oh well, I did rush it I guess. :p

16. Omnis

Omnis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    I was kind of confused at first with the United pic. Then, I realized that you can have both male and female characters. [face_laugh]

17. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Great work! Awsome pose! :)

18. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oooo!!! I agree with ThrawnRocks that the pose is awesome--Zilla is clearly in mid-battle here, having just lighted from a leap to clear a deadly swipe from her opponent's lightsaber (how do you like the story so far...? ;) )! She's just gorgeous (and all hail the orange hair!), with that typically lethal-looking appearance you always manage to give your beautiful warriors--the wonderfully-detailed body armor, the boots and her beautiful weapon...awesome! Give us a bit of "backstory" on her--she's too cool not to have one! And as far as you having "rushed" her--I don't see it! :p She looks fabulous!
    =D=

FF

19. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    Thanks ThrawnRocks! I like the pose too, though somethings not right with the leg, but I guess thats becasue I rushed it lol!

I haven't really thought of a backstory for her yet FF! Though you are right, she is too cool not to have one! I haven't really decided on a time zone for her yet, (if you get what I mean :p) but I will work on that!
    Plus, I made her weapon even cooler, so check it out again to see the changes lol! ;)

20. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    "Astral!!" (to quote a well-loved character in The Joiner King novel... ;) )

How cool is that: a take-apart double-bladed lightsaber?? Very, very cool! :cool:
    What a great mind you have for outfitting your characters--they're always so nattily dressed, and carry all the latest innovations in weaponry...sort of like interstellar-James-Bond-type people! ;) Nice!

FF

21. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    After a long wrestling match with my dodgey scanner and crashing photoshop I finnaly managed to scan a drawing of a Sith that I have done!
    I'm going to colour her but it may take a while so I thought I'd post the pencil drwaing in the meantime! Plus I still haven't decided wether I should ink and colour it or just paint it without lines...

Sith Lord

Thanks! :)

22. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hey, I like that. Especially the lightsaber is very good.

23. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Beautiful!! =D=

What a treat, to see the initial part of your process Esira! Like I've said again and again--the "sketchy-sketches" are always a blast to look at!

I lurve this drawing!! Is she a Nautolan (sp?), like Kit...? I wondered, with the long, sharp-tipped fingers and large eyes. Her pose is so great: she's obviously studying something in her hand here, with her lightsaber still ignited...after having decapitated an opponent to take the treasure, perhaps? There's always such a fluidity in your figures--such beautiful lines, proportions and poses--this piece is no exception. It's going to be awesome when finished, I can already tell (although, as always, I'm partial to seeing it in pencil, lol! ;) )! Beautiful start here, Esira!

FF

24. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
    Yeah she does look a bit like a nautolan, its quite hard to see from the picture but she's a Twi'lek, who's wearing a mask because her face isn't that pretty anymore! I always liked masked sith, they just seem much more scary IMO lol. :p

Thanks for your comment Chilla :)

25. Esira

Feb 2, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.