main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV España

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Petra_Blakkwing, Jan 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    well I´m here....it rules..... Madrid is beautiful..... I went out at 7 this morning, because my drunk roommates came home at 5am and were loud and annoying and I could no longer sleep, I´d only gotten a few hours of sleep because I got home at 2 (thank gods for the siesta)so I went looking for a coffee shop....... there i met a bunch of people just ending their long nite of clubbing... I know that New York is the city that never sleeps, but i think Madrid is the city that never sleeps except for in the middle of the afternoon.... I went the Palace and the Prado and out to the Catherdral of Toledo (not Ohio).....which all rocked my face off...... haven´t seen any orphan children but I know they´re out there somewhere.... I´ll arrive in my actual city on Monday.... posts shall come intermittently..... Adios

2. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    Sound like your having a good time (except maybe drunk roomates). Lots of great sword makers in Toledo :) What city are you going to on Monday? Have a good time and stay away from orphans :)

3. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    dude, you know what? now that i think back about Toledo there was a TON of sword and armor shops.....some of it was pretty sweet too, thuogh far too expensive for a poor foreign students like myself....

and the drunk roommates were funny, only because there was a rugby team staying in the hotel and they had a game today and the noise from the roomies and some other guys they were out with caused these HUGE brits to have a fit and pretty much threaten to break all there teeth out (the guys not the girls, though they were pissed at them too) anyways, though it would have been bad for themm, it is quite comical to see a half asleep giant british bald rugby player with fewer teeth than normal threatening the life of a small American surfer boy..... I laughed heartily.....is that evil?

4. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Carpe Diem Shea, Carpe Diem

5. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Congrats! And congrats on finding the n with the little thingy on top.

6. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Have lots o' fun in Spain. Make sure you eat plenty of those authentic taco's that Dan the Del Taco guy is always talking about.

I will be leading a team to Spain this Summer for a 14 day mission trip to the area around Barcelona so warm up the Spaniards for us will you.

7. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    Well, the Ñ is standard on the Spanish keyboard....so is the Ç and the ¿ and the ? which the symbol for euros if there are folks that don´t know that..... alas for Moka though, I will not be staying very near Barcelona, though I will attempt to go there if for no other reason than to see the Picasso museum.....oh, and I have yet to see a single taco on a menu ANYWHERE in this country...¿what´s the deal with that? ;)

8. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    At least eat some spanish rice, or have a spanish inquisition, or buy a cocker spaniel.

9. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    That's awesome....and for those of us in America if you want to make ñ you hold down the alt key and then press 420 on the 10-key pad, if you want to make ¿ hold alt and then press 168 on the 10-key pad

10. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plains.

11. JADED_JEDI

JADED_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Wow. Threatening birts sound so dagerous. :) Are you in your new city yet?

12. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    If you take the "S" out of Spain all you are left with is Pain, which is what the people there will feel if they cross the infamous Petra Blakkwing

13. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    The pain in Tehran comes mainly from Khomeni.

Well, at least in the 80's it did

14. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    When I get rich....I'm gonna buy a castle in Spain...that'd be awesome.

15. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    And I will help you decorate it with plenty of swords and armor and shields and such, all bought with your money of course. And my only fee for helping you will be 1/4 of the total weapons and armor that you buy.

16. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    And I'll gladly do it because I'll be stinkin rich.

17. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    DUDE!! I went to the Alcazar....which is a castle that was built in the 8th century when the Arabs invaded Spain and it looks just like the disneyland castle and they had a BUTTLOAD of cool and armor and swords and stuff....the armory section was SAWEET!! and the dungeon was pretty rockin´ too.... they even had a moat!!!! no water in it though.....but the drawbridge was neat-o.......

18. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    not fair....not fair...me want to go to spain to...not fair...

19. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    Why don't you go with Moka's team? See Spain and preach the Gospel all at the same time. Or tell your hubby that you wanna go on a second honeymoon. :p

20. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    no money, dude. tuition is going to be like 500 or 600 dollars (that is with both of our scholarships)

:=(

21. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Who hates having to be grown up and deal with moneeyyyyyyy?!?

22. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I hear that in Spain, they have no money. They use a sophisticated method of payment in which each citizen, when they level, are allowed to put ranks in a skill that gives them a higher wealth bonus. Then, to purchase something, all they have to do is roll a d20 and beat a predesigned DC. I wish I was in Spain.

23. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Wow, me too. I'd bring a weighted D20 and visit one of those famous sword makers.

24. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    yes, but if they catch you with a weighted die, they cut off your hands...and maybe poke out your eyes a little.

25. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    That sucks. I like my hands. and my eyes for that matter... I'm never going to spain they're mean there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.