main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[ESSAY #6] Star Wars and Adolescence

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by ObiWan506, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    This is an essay submitted anonymously through our Star Wars Saga Essay Contest.

Users are asked to read each essay listed below and send their vote in for the best one. Voting ends on Feb. 24th. Send your votes via PM to <a href="/user.asp?usr=Spike_Spiegel" style="color: black;font-weight: bold;font-style: normal;background-color: peru;text-decoration: none;border-top: 1px solid Black;border-bottom: 1px solid Black;border-right: 1px solid Black;border-left: 1px solid Black;">Spike_Spiegel</a> or <a href="/user.asp?usr=obiwan506" style="color: burlywood;font-weight: bold;font-style: normal;background-color: darkred;text-decoration: none;border-top: 1px solid Black;border-bottom: 1px solid Black;border-right: 1px solid Black;border-left: 1px solid Black;">ObiWan506</a>. Also, you can use these threads to discuss each essay. Discuss each point and share your own point of view on the matter.

<li>Essay #1
    <li>Essay #2
    <li>Essay #3
    <li>Essay #4
    <li>Essay #5
    <li>Essay #6
    <li>Essay #7
    <li>Essay #8
    <li>Essay #9

At the age of fourteen you are usually not a very sane person. You are stuck squarely in adolescence, but neither school nor parents nor life in general seem to take that into account. Often things are additionally made worse by specially grown, trained and trimmed stars, who?ve been groomed only to confuse your already boiling hormones and get at your pocket money.

At the age of fourteen [i]I[/i] was not a very sane person, and being hit over the head by Star Wars didn?t really help any. Not really.

Trouble began at home. Of course, it is nice to watch the movies. Then why do parents start shouting at you when you are only half way through the first movie ? in the third round of watching the entire trilogy? After all, you even spaced it out over a whole day. And it is certainly not your fault that you have neither TV nor VCR in your room.

But parents can be inconsiderate indeed (who needs eight o?clock news when he can have the Vader/Obi Wan duel?) and uncaring. Just because they are older does not mean the actually [i]own[/i] the TV in the living room.

The resolution of this dilemma was the invention of the tape deck. All you had to do was place it before the TV, put it on record, start the movie and be really, really quite. (Yes, the crunching sound underlying ?someone who loves you? is actually my sister unwrapping a candy drop. Lemon, I think.)

For no apparent reasons at all parents don?t take well to being shouted at, when they enter the living room. I mean, wasn?t it crystal-clear that we (sis and I) were making an effort to keep the peace in the house? Seems it wasn?t.

Our only reward was stern looks and eviction, at least temporarily, from the living room. [i]Try again tomorrow[/i]. Whatever kind of compensation that was supposed to be. Well, so much for parents!

But even the most annoying parents cannot thwart those tapes forever, and, at last, victory was ours. Shortly.

Take my sister, now.

2. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Remember, users are asked to vote for their favorites. Don't just read ... vote as well.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.