main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Essential Guide to the Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediPunker, Nov 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediPunker

JediPunker Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2002
    Wouldn't this be great? Don't think so? Consider this.

LFL has announced that the story of the Clone Wars will be told through the mediums of Mature Novels, Comics,short stories, Young Readers books, and the recently announced animated series. Now I don't know about you, but sorting all these stories out into a continuos storyline seems a bit daunting.

Either way, its just an idea.

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I think you'll find a few threads around here devoted to it, namely The Clone Wars Dossier. Who knows, maybe a LFL guy looks at it and says "Yay! Great idea!". :D

And yes, I think it would be GREAT.

3. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Maybe this will be the Essential Guide for 2005? That'd be great.

4. Jet-Eye-Blah

Jet-Eye-Blah Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    It is the Young Reader Novels that frightens me. :(

5. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    The Boba Fett a Jedi Quest books are pretty good so far.

I hope we see it after '05

6. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    This could be pretty good, but they'd probably leave out most of everything release before 2001 and just p.o. the fans.

7. LaraNotsil

LaraNotsil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2000
    I would certainly appreciate this.

I of course love any essential guide.

8. spacemountainranger

spacemountainranger Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2002
    I think this would be truely awesome.It could show maps of all the battles and the storys behind them.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm thinking it might end up being based on the Clone Wars Dossier if this ever happens... afterall, the Essential Guide to Planets and Moons started off as a fan project.

10. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Its as nice as the most recent NEGTC than I say they should definitely do this. In fact, theyn probably will.

11. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Yes the planet and moons guide was a fan project, but didn't the fan who did it actually write the book?

If the Clone Wars Dossier is to become the Essential Guide to the Clone Wars, Sturm would need to get it online soon to make it better known in the Star Wars fan community.

So get going Sturm! :)

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> Yes the planet and moons guide was a fan project, but didn't the fan who did it actually write the book?<<

Yup, Dan Wallace made it back for some of the old "service" SW fan clubs like AOL, fidonet, compuserve, etc and their respective newsletters published portions of it as well (HoloCroN, Mikefjedi's webpage & Echo Station, respectively, I believe).

13. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Oh, don't worry, we haven't gone away; quite the opposite, in fact. When Sturm and I began this little project a year ago, we'd originally planned for a projected Summer, 2002 completion-date for the project, following the release of Episode II...but then new novels were announced...and then new comic books...and new video games...and THEN a new animated series covering the Clone Wars, exponentially increasing the level of complexity of this project, but we're still committed to it.

Right now, it looks as if we'll have at least SOME degree of closure come 2005, after Episode III puts paid to the final battles fought in that conflict onscreen, and it's plausible that we'll have the first version -- a "beta version," or "First Edition" -- finalized BEFORE that happens.

After all, we can't just keep putting it off and putting it off every time some new little tidbit of information comes to light, can we? ;) Myself, Sturm, and the other contributors will probably lock down a preliminary guide edition during that time period, and get it out there for everyone and their grammas to peruse. We've sussed out so many dates and events between the people on here that the lion's share of them shouldn't be highly disputed at all.

(At least that's the beauty of Sturm's "Virtual Sequels" project...Lucas isn't going to be dropping in new stories into their projected time period, and they have the freedom to work their stories out of whole cloth. Here, we are working around what comes out on a monthly or even weekly basis, and I imagine that we'll probably have to declare an arbitrary cutoff point some time down the road. But we'd be remiss if we did so right now, I feel. This also gives us the luxury of more time to refine certain dating conventions and events, and work within the timeframe of the latter two prequel films.)

Something I've been pondering, here...if enough people are involved, it would be great if we could obtain webspace here at TF.N, much in the way that the "Virtual Sequels" have done. Again, only if it stays large enough to justify it...Sturm and myself have discussed having it hosted someplace, and this might be as great a location as any, but that might be down the road a bit. And it WOULD be terrific indeed if this fan-project serves as the springboard for an "official" LFL "Essential Guide to the Clone Wars," as I do not know of any other effort underway right now to chronicle these events even to the magnitude that we have already achieved during the last year. And having the sanctioning of a site like The Force.Net would go a long way towards legitimizing it, indeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.