main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Eternal Flame" [K/J - Vignettes] New Story:- "Right Side Down" -Angst/Humour (August 16th)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by the_jedi_princess, Mar 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    LOL! [face_laugh] I love it! Are you going to write the Jacen/Danni matchmaking scene? That I'd have to read, too!

2. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    Han turns matchmaker??!! ROFL!!! That was so hilarious! But so wonderfully nice and mushy...I love that last line too. Oh, and how Threepio got slipped in there too. You can't have a Star Wars story without Threepio! :p This was excellent! UP!

3. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    [face_laugh] That was adorable! Han is such a funny matchmaker . . . and Kyp and Jaina are so cute together! Aww . . . [face_love]

Loved it, as usual! :D

-duskwings

4. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Wonderful viggie, and I'd prefer Jacen/TK but that's me. :D

~~Jilly

5. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    If anyone wants to write the Jacen/Danni, they can go ahead. I'm strickly K/J, sometimes A/T.

6. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    *Falls down laughing* Brilliant! I LOVE Han so much!!!!

And the mush was good to........ ;)

Anna

7. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    [face_laugh] OMG that was hilarious

falls out of her chair laughing histerically

8. Aeron_Azzameen1839

Aeron_Azzameen1839 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 22, 2002
    Ah! I love that one! Han's so mean. I'd like to see more stories like that.

AA1839

9. 1230kevin

1230kevin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2003
    I want more please ;)

10. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
  11. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    "Hello"

Setting: Post-NJO
    Note: The song used is ?Hello? by Evanescence, taken from their ?Fallen? album.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Playground school bell rings again
    Rain clouds come to play again

?We?ll get out of here, Jaina,? he told her as he held her in his arms, rocking her gently as, in the distance, a bell tolled through the silence.

He looked up, eyes searching for where the sound had come from. On the edge of a fallen village sat a schoolhouse, no longer filled with the laughter of children. Someone inside was ringing the bell, marking the end of the battle, the victory of the New Republic.

A hollow victory.

?We?ll go back to base,? he whispered, angrily wiping the tears from his eyes. ?We?ll have a few drinks. We?ll celebrate, just the two of us, you and I.?

The only reply came in the sound of distant thunder.

Has no one told you she's not breathing?
    Hello I'm your mind giving you someone to talk to
    Hello

?We?ll go back to base, and Cilghal will heal you,? he told her, running a hand through her hair. ?Make you all better. Yes, all better.?

He knew it was a lie. Cilghal had died three days ago when the battle had first begun, Tionne and Jacen beside her as they fought to protect the younger Jedi. But it had made no difference. There had been no survivors.

He stood, taking her in his arms, holding her against him. He made his way back to the base, stumbling and twisting his ankle. He bit his lip against the pain, eyes burning with tears he fought to keep back as he held her closer, silently swearing to never let go.

The gates of the base hung askew but intact, opening like welcoming arms of an injured loved one as he approached. The smell of death greeted him as he stepped inside, the burnt flesh, the sweat. Tars from beings as they mourned the loss of loved ones. Just as he was.

Those closest to him cringed back as he moved through them, whispers of disbelief filling the room as they parted, making a path for him. Looking up, he saw Winter hurrying down the steps, eyes wide.

?Master Durron, is she alright??

He shook his head as he continued on, Winter clapping a hand over her mouth to stop the agonised wail he could hear through the Force, just as his heart was screaming with its own torment he held closed within him.

Winter led him to the main room, Tycho looking up as they entered, cursing softly at the sight of the woman in Kyp?s arms. Tycho retrieved his crutch and moved to join them as Kyp set the girl upon the bed and stepped back as Winter moved to straighten her clothing, her hair. Kyp noticed that Tycho still had not found a prosthetic limb for the one he had lost below the knee over a week ago.

Tycho leant over her, reaching out to brush the hair from her eyes as he shook his head. ?She was the last Solo.?

If I smile and don't believe
    Soon I know I'll wake from this dream

Kyp leant against the far wall, watching as Tycho and Winter inspected the woman he had loved. He knew what they would find: a body, once filled with life and radiance, without the soul that had slipped away as he had cradled her to him. As he had whispered the words he had kept hidden for so long.

?I love you.?

Now no one would ever know the truth. She had been the only one he had truly cared about. The only one he had ever given his heart too. And now she was gone, lost to him forever.

He wiped his eyes with his sleeve. Perhaps it was just another of the nightmares that had plagued him since he had been a child. The ones where, just as he confessed his love to her, she would vanish from him forever. He always awoke in a cold sweat, only to realise that it had all been a dream, and that she was still there.

Yes, this was nothing more then a dream.

?Don't try to fix me I'm not broken
    Hello I'm the lie living for you so you can hide
    Don't cry

Winter turned, moving toward him, hesitating before she pulled him into a tight hug. ?I know you cared about her.?

He squeezed his eyes c

12. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    *sniff*...TJP, that was sooooo SAD! heart-wrenchingly sweet&sour in the same breath...

fantastic, sweetie.

-JSD

13. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    :_| That was so sad . . . incredibly well-written, but so, so, so sad. Poor Kyp . . . I knew Jaina was dead from the minute she didn't respond, and I knew he was holding a corpse. And then he was the only Jedi left . . . all alone. So sad . . . :(

-duskwings

14. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    awesome :D reminds me kinda of phoenix...except it was jaina and not kyp that survived...*shakes head* anyway, great job :D

~TJF

15. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    *Sob*

~~Jilly

16. __angel__

__angel__ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2003
    Once again a fantastic story, TJP.

:( So sad... *sniff*

17. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Elven_Jedi_Maiden Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2003
    Oh, so SAD! :_|

I didn't get that Jaina was dead at first, I thought maybe she was only badly hurt. :( And now poor Kyp is all alone! I can only imagine how utterly desolate and frightened and anguished he must be.

Excellent viggie!

18. JainaJediQueen

JainaJediQueen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    There are actually tears rolling down my face right now, that is so sad! You have to give us a happy viggie next..please?

~*~The Queen~*~

19. Sgath

Sgath Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2003
    Nice collection of stories!

20. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    *bursts into tears* [face_crying] [face_crying]

Oh, how awful!!!! Poor Kyp...I can't even think of what to say, that was so heart-breaking.

Oh, by the way, I nominated this for the Best Series in the 2003 Summer FF awards. :)

21. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Oh. my. God.

*cries*

This one really had me going....poor Kyp...It makes me just wish that the writers of the NJO would give him a break
    and find someone to love him...

22. 1230kevin

1230kevin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2003
    MORE PLEASE MORE

23. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Oh god... that was... so great... perfect song... about 10 times more depressing if you're listening ot the song while reading... ... ... ...

24. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    I know it is Kyp_Side. I was listening to it while writing it. I wish there was some way to let everyone hear it.

Happy? What is happy? :p

Thanks Bellyup. I saw, and thanks.

25. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    i [face_love] these stories

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.