main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Eternal Flame" [K/J - Vignettes] New Story:- "Right Side Down" -Angst/Humour (August 16th)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by the_jedi_princess, Mar 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
  2. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    oh my goodness! that was so sad.

Jez

3. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    ?Wrong Side Up?

Setting: NJO
    Tagline: One slip and the galaxy takes on a whole new angle

----------------------------------------------

The docking bay was empty, just the way he liked it. It meant no interruptions, that he would be able to work in peace. He liked it when he could work in peace, without fellow Jedi or officers of the starfleet coming up to him to ask questions or just for a chat. They seemed to think he always looked lonely, but he wished that there were someway to tell them that he would rather be on his own without making it sound like he was rude.

There was always the possibility that they were doing it deliberate; don?t let Kyp Durron, the killer of Carida, out of your sight cause he may do something nasty, such as steal a ship and destroy the base. Yes, he wouldn?t put that past their way of thinking either.

Any sane person would be in bed at this time of the night, but then, he wasn?t entirely sane. If he was, he would be cowering on some far away planet, not helping fight against the Vong on the main front. But hiding scared wasn?t his way. It had never been his way.

He picked up another hydrospanner and ducked around underneath his X-wing, a crane holding it up off the ground in order to make it easier to service. It had had its routine maintenance like the rest of the craft, but now he needed to reset a couple of the X-wings features to the way he liked them. And he trusted no one but himself to get it right.

He finished adjusting one of the rudders and hooked the hydrospanner into his belt, jumping up and grabbing one of the S-foils, pulling himself up onto the top of the snubfighter. He sat there for a moment, collecting himself and throwing a hard look at the crate settled amongst a group near his fighter. Someone had brought a bunch of ysalamiri onto the base and decided to park them beside his X-wing. He knew it had to be a deliberate act, but then, the fighter next to his was Jaina Solo?s, also a Jedi, so maybe it was just coincidence.

He smiled faintly. The other crate of critters was near Corran Horn?s fighter, and Kyp would give anything just to be there when the other discovered this. He had a feeling that it would be a rather entertaining situation.

Shaking his head and tossing the crate one more glare ? the ysalamiri were probably another of Cilghal?s experiments ? he turned and went back to work, pulling the cover off the compartment behind the astromech slot and gazing in.

The first thing he noticed was that the hydrospanner started sliding. He frowned, reaching out and grabbing it before it could fall, then realising that where it had been sitting should have been flat. His eyes widened as he realised that the ship was starting to tip, and with a groan of protesting metal, one of the cables holding his X-wing snapped, throwing him to the side.

He flung his arms over his head, ready to hit the ground, but found he wasn?t falling toward it. The X-wing hung precariously to one side, swinging gently on the remaining cables, just as he was swinging gently.

Noticing a sharp pain in his foot, he looked up and discovered it wedged in the compartment he had just opened to service. He tried to wiggle his toes, but pain tore through his foot as he became aware he couldn?t feel it otherwise, meaning one thing; he had broken his ankle. Ever since he had jammed himself into the Sun Crushers message pod and shattered all his bones, his skeletal structure had never fully recovered, meaning that it had become rather easy for him to snap limbs just by landing awkwardly. He?s lost count of how many times he had fractured an arm, leg, or rib just by training.

He tried to pull himself up using just the muscles in his stomach, but the effort caused only more pain in his foot, so he just dangled, shooting an accusing glare at the crate of ysalamiri. If he had access to the Force, maybe he could get out of the situation, but he didn?t, meaning that he was stuck.

He glanced at his wrist chrono. When everyone got up, then maybe

4. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    LOL! Poor Kyp! And he didn't even get any snogging out of the deal! ;) Not that it would have really fit at the moment. But perhaps later, right? [face_mischief]

Jae Angel

5. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
  6. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    :D Any sane person would be in bed at this time of the night, but then, he wasn?t entirely sane. If he was, he would be cowering on some far away planet, not helping fight against the Vong on the main front. But hiding scared wasn?t his way. It had never been his way.

Sanity was never Kyp's strong point, no? Tisn't mine after a weekend of dancing. Sweetness, TJP...cute....but NJ's right, snogging later?

please?

-JSD

7. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Cute viggie TJP. Poor Kyp.

~~Jilly

8. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Ouch . . . poor Kyp. Broken ankles are not fun--not that I've had one, but sprains are bad enough. [face_plain] Poor Kyp.

Nice viggie. :)

-duskwings

9. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    A break feels better. Sprains hurt worse cause it involves the muscles and tendons, not the bone. Muscles and tendons take longer to heal usually, if at all. I've sprained both my ankles so much that they are basically susceptible to a sprain by just stepping wrong.

But there is an idea for me to torture Kyp with in Insanity possibly... a break and a sprain on the same leg. [face_devil]

~~Jilly

10. alain_bioras

alain_bioras Jedi Master star 2

Oct 17, 2002
    :D :D Wonderful as always TJP! And hilarious! And though mushless, absolutely perfect! [face_love] ;)

11. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    Who would be interested in me writing a sequel to this titled "Right Side Down"? Takes place the morning after... hmm, has a ringed to it, 'the morning after'... :p

12. Jaina_Kyps_Queen

Jaina_Kyps_Queen Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2003
    Needs kissing....sequel would be nice

13. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    A sequel would be nice.

~~Jilly

14. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    They seemed to think he always looked lonely, but he wished that there were someway to tell them that he would rather be on his own without making it sound like he was rude. poor Kyp!!!!!!!!!!!

Any sane person would be in bed at this time of the night, but then, he wasn?t entirely sane. :D :D :D :D :D That's the way we like him! Not sane, but not quite truly insane...

The other crate of critters was near Corran Horn?s fighter, and Kyp would give anything just to be there when the other discovered this. He had a feeling that it would be a rather entertaining situation. *laughs at Corran* No matter how cool I think you are, that's what you get for not liking Kyp, I say!!!!!!

his skeletal structure had never fully recovered, meaning that it had become rather easy for him to snap limbs just by landing awkwardly. That totally makes sense! I'm shock no one has thought of and/or mentioned this!

it wouldn?t be til around midday, meaning not only would all the blood have rushed to his head, but it would have clotted and probably killed him. Not the way he wanted to go. Jeez, Kyp has the worst luck!!!! Poor, poor Kyp!

Any other person would have refused to allow themselves to become Kyp Durron?s apprentice, let alone allow him to fly with them in their squadron. Or allow themselves to be called ?Goddess? and pretend to be Yun-Harla, the Vong?s Trickster Goddess. :D :D :D :D :D

That was a stupid saying, actually. She knew from staying with her Aunt and Uncle that babies tend to wake up in the middle of the night and scream their head off, waking up everyone else in the neighbourhood. No, she would rather sleep like a log? though logs were the dead limbs of trees.

Who comes up with these sayings?
    *snickers violently while nodding in total agreement*

?About an hour. As you can guess, I have a rather nice headache.? He shrugged, the movement looking strange from her angle. ?Takes my mind off my ankle.? [face_lauhg] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Been there :)

?Well, I?ve got to be able to feel it in order to tell you whether or not it hurts.? *snickers*

"I?ve got to get Jacen. He wouldn?t want to miss this.? LOL!!!

?Who?d know the difference,? Jaina muttered to herself as she moved toward the crane controls. *glares at Jaina*

?Oh fine, just kick a guy while he?s down why don?t you.?

She raised an eyebrow. ?Interesting way of putting it, considering that you?re the one who?s upside down, meaning that I?m the one whose down.?
    ROTFL!!!!!!!

Here he was, one of the greatest Jedi in the galaxy, destroyer of Carida and expert pilot, dangling by one foot, the one thing he loved most in the galaxy holding him in place and possibly killing him slowly. His hair fell straight down, and when his arms weren?t crossed, they dangled down, where his fingers could now possibly touch the floor. *dies laughing*
    tell me he has his cape on! He'd look like a bat!!!!!!!!

ANOTHER GREAT ONE, TJP!!!!!!!!!

15. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    poor Kyppie....stuck without the Force..can't be good :)

I bet you that was why Jaya couldn't sleep...she can *feel* Kyppie...
    stoopid Jag..

16. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
  17. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    No, she would rather sleep like a log? though logs were the dead limbs of trees.

Who comes up with these sayings?

Exactly! lol

This was a really different kind of K/J viggie, and it was sort of refreshing in a way. I love the tension between the two of them--you do an excellent job of portraying them!

18. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Just UPping this...

-JSD

19. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    ?Right Side Down?

Setting: NJO
    Tagline: One slip and suddenly things turn around
    Note: Sequel to "Wrong Side Up"

----------------------------------------------

He kept to himself, avoiding everyone so that they wouldn?t notice his limp. Every second step sent pain shooting through him, and the Force seemed almost useless in trying to stop it, due to the infrequency of it. It was annoying, tempting him to head for the gym and take it out on a punching bag, just like the last time.

They had had to buy a new bag after the last time.

But he couldn?t avoid the crowd. Glaring at his chrono, he saw that the time was nearing 0900, the time General Antilles had scheduled the weekly meeting. He wondered at the necessity of the meeting; it was always the same. Vong movements, new cargo, new personnel, latest casualties, the latest petition against the menu? he would have to sign it this time around. In large bold lettering.

He paused, leaning against the wall and taking all the weight off his ankle. Jaina had been right, it hadn?t healed in one night. While it no longer hurt as much as it had the night before, the pain was still enough to almost cause his leg to collapse out from under him. It wasn?t healing right, he realised this, but he didn?t dare approach Cilghal. She would scold him, tell him off for not approaching her sooner. That he had done more damage then good. Yes, he knew what she would say, but he didn?t want to be scolded like a child.

Pride. That?s want prevented him from seeking help. Last night his mind had been a war front as he had watched Jaina enter the docking bay. Should he ask her? Should he wait? Perhaps he should simply try to find a way down himself. Logic had won over pride in the end, and he had called to her as she was turning to go.

She had urged him to see a medic, but he had brushed her advice aside. He could handle it, just as he had handled it in the past. But then he had had more time, no need to walk, no need to go anywhere. But here he was forced to take one agonising step after the other, trying to keep the pain from his face, his eyes. No one must know. No one must find out.

Pushing off the wall, he waited until he had his balance before once more beginning for the conference hall. Now the corridors were beginning to fill, fellow high-ranked Jedi, and New Republic officers stepped briskly into the doorway at the far end. He kept his pace slow and even; portraying the image of someone whom was in no hurry to get to their destination. It did not go against his character, and no one seemed to pay him mind.

He paused in the doorway, fighting his scowl as he spotted Corran Horn chatting casually to Gavin Darklighter. The former looked up, meeting his gaze, but Kyp turned away. Spotting an empty seat up in the back corner, he moved toward it, carefully making his way up the stairs and sliding into it.

Slumping in his seat, he scanned those already gathered. Jaina wasn?t there, and, no surprise, neither was Fel. There was no doubt that they were so involved with each other that they had lost track of time and would walk in just as Antilles finished sorting his notes and moved to stand on the podium.

Crossing his arms over his chest, he let his head fall forward, dark hair falling over his face like a veil. He was tempted to slip into a healing trance, but Antilles?s keen eye would spot the closed eyes and call upon him for some reason or another. Antilles was like a strict teacher, and in the past, back at Deyer, the memories of the cane still haunted him.

Taking a careful breath, he settled back against his seat. Once this was over he?d head straight back for his room. He?d go back into his trance and remain there for the rest of the day. If anyone visited: tough luck. He wasn?t going to answer the door for anyone, and his comm would remain silent, turned off and set down on his desk.

Knowing his luck, this meeting would take forever. He just wished Antilles would hurry up and begin. The sooner it started, the

20. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Hahaha! Very cute! :D But we must have a sequel! ;) Kyp got himself into something, all right, and I bet it's probably not allowed to be posted on here. :p [face_devil]

Jae Angel

21. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    *sighs* Kyp is an idiot. If you break your ankle, you go to the doctor/medic/jedi healer and get it fixed! Or at least splinted, or something. But at least Jaina's got the right idea . . . about more than one thing . . . [face_devil]

Great vignette! :)

-duskwings

22. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Woohoo! Now we need another sequel. :)

~~Jilly

23. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Yes! Another sequel! Soon! :D

24. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    No sequel to this one. Sorry.

25. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Aw man!!!

I was about to put in another vote for a sequel!! Because this one was great!!! :)

I love mushy bits!! And the more too!! lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.