main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Eternal Flame" [K/J - Vignettes] New Story:- "Storm Approaching" -Mush(Feb 12th)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by the_jedi_princess, Dec 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Yes you read correct. Here, in this thread, I am going to put up several one-posters featuring our favourite couple from the Expanded Universe.

LONG LIVE KYP AND JAINA!!!

Latest Edition:- "Storm Approaching"

2. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    ?ETERNAL FLAME?

Setting: NJO/AU
    Note: Based on the song ?Eternal Flame?. Much of the dialogue originates from it, and I hope you enjoy it.

--------------------------------------------------

Jaina stormed into the empty gallery and let her glare sweep the area, coming to fall on the man seated in the back, drink in hand, eyes far away. Her eyes narrowed, before she made her way through the maze of tables and chairs to stand directly before him, hands on hips, waiting for him to acknowledge her.

?Good evening, Goddess,? he said softly, voice still hazy.

?I?ve come to ask you to stop watching every little thing I do,? she huffed, not greeting him back. ?I may be your apprentice, but that doesn?t mean you can just stare at me all the time. It?s unnerving, and it makes everyone ask questions that I just cannot answer. Even Jag-?

?Close your eyes.?

Jaina blinked. ?What??

Kyp looked up at her, eyes becoming focused. ?Close your eyes.?

Jaina eyed him, but closed her eyes, wondering if this was a lesson or just some game that he was playing with her.

?Give me your hand.?

Jaina held her hands to herself. ?Why??

She heard the sound of fabric brushing, then felt the soft touch of his fingers on hers. ?Please.?

She hesitated an instant longer, then let placed her hand in his. He held it gently, pulling her forward and placing her hand on his chest. Her eyebrows raised as her breath caught in her throat as she felt his firm chest beneath her fingers.

?Do you feel it, Jaina? Do you feel my heart beating?? He asked, a small amount of pleading in his voice. ?Do you understand??

Jaina?s mind raced. Was he saying...?

?Yes,? he whispered. ?And I must know, Jaina. Do you feel same? I?ve watched you for a long time, and when you look at me, I?m swear I see something in your eyes. Am I seeing correctly, or am I only dreaming??

Jaina opened her eyes and looked down at him, saw the longing on his face. She couldn?t find the words. Only a moment ago she had been able to say anything, ready to put him in his place, but now...

Kyp stood, moving to gaze out the window and into the rain that was lashing the outside. ?I believe its were meant to be, Jaina. I watch you when you are sleeping, and I just know that you belong with me. And forever have I wondered if you feel the same."

He raised one hand to rest on the glass as the sun cut through the clouds. ?When you say my name, it?s just like that, Jaina. Sun shines through the rain.? He rested his head against the glass and closed his eyes. ?My whole life, so lonely. You have no idea what it is like to wake every morning and have to face the wide galaxy alone.

?It hurts, Jaina. Knowing what I have done in the past, knowing that there is no way I can correct my mistakes. I need someone who can help me. Someone to come and ease the pain.? He sighed as he dropped into a nearby seat, head buried in his hands. ?When I am with you I feel like I am drifting, free from all my troubles, and I don?t want to loose this feeling.?

Jaina swallowed, her mind a raging river. He meant every word that he said, she could feel it. Her gaze flickered back to his glass, thinking perhaps that he had had too much to drink, but quickly realised that it was a non-alcoholic, ruling out that possibility.

Jag flashed briefly in her mind, and she thought about every moment they had spent together, and let the feelings that came with those memories wash through her, but they weren?t as strong as they had once been. All she had felt had faded with Kyp?s words, with his confession.

She remembered every moment she had spent with the Jedi Master, and it suddenly dawned on her that those memories were the ones most vivid in her mind, some among her most cherished. She remembered the guilt she had felt when she hurt him, the pain when she abused him. How her insides would twist when he smiled at her, a smile that she now understood.

She moved closer to him, her body moving at its own accord as she stopped before him, one hand reaching out

3. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Awwww, that was sweet

4. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    She hesitated an instant longer, then let placed her hand in his. He held it gently, pulling her forward and placing her hand on his chest. Her eyebrows raised as her breath caught in her throat as she felt his firm chest beneath her fingers.

?Do you feel it, Jaina? Do you feel my heart beating?? He asked, a small amount of pleading in his voice. ?Do you understand??

Oh my. Wow. i just melted at that point.

Jez

5. Crimson_Sabre

Crimson_Sabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 20, 2002
    Very nice. The K and J connection lives on! And somebody needs to tell Jaina in the books to do the same thing. Kyp has a miserable existence and needs some good love.

6. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    awwww....that's so sweet, darling!

I'm in Germany now,and it's taken me a while to find an internet connection...so here I am!

-JSD

7. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    ?Lament?

Setting- Post-NJO
    Note- This is a weepy story, so it might be an idea to keep a tissue handy.

------------------------------------------------

?If there is one thing I?ve always liked about you,? he?d once told her. ?It?s that you just don?t know when to give up.?

She lay on her bed, gazing at the ceiling as her mind drifted through a haze. Her eyes hurt, red from weeping as she ignored yet another knock on the door to her cabin. She had shut them all out, locking herself away. She wanted to be alone, to be able to remember.

Remember him.

She was his apprentice, but nobody could understand why. They fought almost continuously, neither able to freely admit when he or she was wrong. He was a loose cannon, and she the spoilt daughter of an influential family. Both were great pilots, renown for their feats in the war against the Yuuzhan Vong.

He was a member of the Jedi Council, a Jedi Master by his own right. Many respected him, but many also hated him. She had once hated him as well, but that was before she had come to know him...

She rolled onto her side, reaching out to touch the small neckchain by her bed. It had been a present from him upon her graduation. It was a gold chain, from which hung a miniature XJ class X-wing.

?Your first love,? he laughed as he hung it around her neck. ?I was thinking perhaps a locket with a picture of me, but you would have probably destroyed it, or your boyfriend would start asking questions.? He had smiled that smile that always made her stomach knot as his eyes twinkled mischievously. ?To be honest, you?ll probably be glad to get rid of me.'

A tear rolled down her check as she remembered. She had laughed at him, knowing that it was probably true and telling him so. Now, she wished she could take those words back. Take them back and tell him the truth.

She sat, running a hand through her short hair.

?You should grow it long,? he told her as he watched her run a brush through it. He leant against the frame of the door that linked their two rooms. ?Your mother always had beautiful hair, and you look just like her.?

?Wouldn?t fit under my flight helmet,? she replied as she set the brush down and applied a small amount of makeup.

He frowned. ?I thought you hated that stuff.?

She shrugged. ?I only wear it on special occasions.? She stood, turning to him. ?What do you think??

He ran an eye over her. ?Those earrings are a little much.?

She looked back in the mirror, silently agreeing with him as she removed them, changing the large dangling balls for smaller silver hoops from which hung small gems. She looked back at him, and saw him nod his approval,

He glanced at his chrono. ?You?d better be hurry. Captain Cardboard is one who always believes on starting things on the dot.?

?Don?t call him that,? she shot back as she grabbed a jacket and put it on over her dress. ?And don?t look for me in the morning.?

He raised an eyebrow, but kept his mouth shut. ?Have fun, Goddess.?

She smiled and left, leaving him to his work...

Pulling herself to her feet, she crossed to desk, opening a draw and glancing at the contents, searching. As she rummaged, she paused, eyes drifting to award sitting deserted and almost hidden behind a pile of datapads, old guilt drifting up amongst the tears.

?Nice job, Goddess,? he had hissed as they left the ceremony. ?Next time something goes wrong, why not just blame me again so that you can pick up the awards.?

?I don?t know what you?re on about,? she had answered coolly.

?Oh come on,? he retorted. ?Everyone who flew that mission knows that the orders I gave out came directly from
    you. But because they left my lips, I?m the one that had to sit through the trial.? He scowled. ??Let?s all blame the Jedi Master,? they said. ?It?s so easy to get him into trouble, because no one likes him and he already has blood on his hands.?? He shook his head, staring at a spot in the distance. ?But did you tell them the truth? No! You just we

8. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Ahhhh!!! Jaina killed herself?!?!?! [face_terribly and horridly shocked]

Oh my Sith!!! That was just... just... intense... and... whew... okay...

9. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    Have you been watching or reading a certain movie or book??? :D

That was... that was soooooooo sad :_|

10. Shay_Durron

Shay_Durron Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2002
    Very sweet! Like the title, mostly because I like the song :)

11. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    I actually had tears in my eyes and the end of that.... that was really beautiful.

Anna

12. Crimson_Sabre

Aug 20, 2002
    Wow... I, uh... I'm not used to saying this about stories since, after all, I'm a guy, but that was, as SOA said, really beautiful. Angst stories just hit home so many times, which makes them so addicting.

That last paragraph at the end was really a perfectly written piece, exactly like Romeo and Juliet, except for the fact that R&J actually married before they killed themselves. Kyp and Jay didn't even get to do that. That's a lot of guilt Jaina had to carry after he died, and I can see how she might want to end it right then and there. I just couldn't help but smile at the end knowing that they ended their lives together because of love. That's when you know two people are really in love, when they literally can't live without the other.

Wonderfully written.

13. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    Thank you for the feedback and Crimson; you hit where I was going. Romeo and Juliet. As for angst; that's my strong point. If you check many of my other fics, you'll see. I can't do romance very well.

I was crying as I wrote this viggie, and I'm glad you all liked it. I guess I was just trying to point out that not all stories have a happy ending...

14. Jez_3-14159265358979

Aug 13, 2001
    oh my. i just found and it put me to tears. really great work princess.

Jez

15. Jez_3-14159265358979

Aug 13, 2001
  16. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    ?Any Given Moment.?

Setting: Post-NJO
    Note: This ones worse then "Lament", so watch it. I was inspired by a TAC ad on the tv, which has very graphic images of... you'll work it out.

------------------------------------------------------

?You take care of her kid.?

?I will Han, I promise.?

They say that promises are for keeps, but they also say that we can go at any given moment. I swore upon my life to my oldest friend that I would take care of his daughter, that I would protect her. But it just wasn?t enough.

It was just like any other day, but that morning I knew that something was different. I just lay in bed, staring at the ceiling, wondering what it was that made me feel the way I did when my view was obscured by the most beautiful creature on the planet.

?Hello handsome,? she said, brandy eyes twinkling as her hair fell around her shoulders, tickling my bare skin. ?Ready for the big day??

?And what might that be?? I asked, reaching up to touch her face, other arm slipping around her.

?It?s one year since the fall of the Vong,? she reminded me, lips brushing mine. ?And exactly one year since we started going together.?

?You mean having unconditional sex whenever we?ve got time off,? I teased, and was rewarded by her laugh.

?Get up, old man,? she gibed, slipping from my arms.

?I may be old but I?ve got it where it counts.?

?No arguments here.?

I watched as she dressed, admiring her body, the way it curved as if moulded by the greatest artist. And to think, for a year that day I had been able to call her mine. I remembered how on the day of the fall of the Vong, we had laughed and celebrated. We had left the main group, moving onto the balcony, and that had been when I had taken her in my arms, kissing her with all the pent up love I had kept hidden for so many years.

I had expected to feel the stinging feeling of her hand as she slapped me, but instead she had lent into me, arms drifting around my neck as she kissed me back. One thing had led to another, and before I had known it, we were lying on her bed, making passionate love.

The days following had been a blur. With the Vong gone, we were left with the task of rebuilding. Beings were desperate for money, and soon law suit after law suit began piling up upon the key figures of the war, and most of those suits fell upon my head. Thankfully, they were all dismissed as ridiculous and outrageous.

Another problem arose in the form of Jaina?s boyfriend, Jagged Fel. Less then a week after that night of passion, he arrived back from the front, engagement ring in hand. My heart sank as he went down on one knee in front of everyone, taking the one I hold dearest to my hearts hand in his, seeking her hand in marriage.

I remember the pain on her face as her eyes drifted from his up to meet mine. Her lips tightened, tears in the corner of her eyes as she held my gaze. Then her lips moved, her words to change my life forever.

?I?m sorry Jag, I... can?t marry you. Something happened...? she looked back down at him, pity reflected in her eyes. ?Something that made me realize that the life I have been living is a lie. I?ve denied it for so long, but I?ll deny it no longer. I do not love you, but another.?

Her words almost caused a riot, but no matter how hard she was pressured, she never revealed my name. Jag left soon after, and though I have seen him, he has never approached Jaina.

She never revealed my name, though those who looked into their hearts knew that it was I of whom she had spoken. Master Skywalker once approached me, rested a hand on my shoulder and whispered for me to never hurt her, to put her life before my own. I was only too happy to reply that I had been doing so for years.

And now a year had passed, and there she was, still with me. The outside world knew that we lived together, but most believed the stories that it was because we were partners. Few believed the rumours that we were in truth lovers, and we were only too happy to keep those rumours as nothing more in

17. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    Wow...evil, evil, evil!

You write evil fics. Write something happy 8-}

Great viggy though! I loved how you wrote Kyp's feelings!

18. Crimson_Sabre

Aug 20, 2002
    Hey, I like the originality there. I've never EVER seen a fiction where people actually drive around in speeders, much less get in speeder accidents.

Who does Kyp want to kill more: That drunk guy who ran over Jaina or himself?

19. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Woah :eek:

The last two fics have one main thing in common... mean...

Cool stuff :D You're a great writer... any more? ;)

20. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

WOW.

(seriously, that's pretty much all i can say right now.)

oh, and:

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :( :( :( :( :(

~Trix

21. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    ?Speechless?
    Setting: NJO
    Note: I told you I'd write a mush/humour piece, so here it is. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

KYP

?You are an egoistical prick.?

?Stop talking about yourself, hutt slime.?

?You?re the one that walks around with a drool bucket.?

??You?re? the one who bathes in mud.?

?It?s good for my skin.?

?Yeah, whatever you reckon. I suppose you also run a spice ring as well??

?You?re the one that grew up on Kessel. My bets is that there is more then one reason why you survived so long.?

No matter what I throw at her, Jaina always has an answer. I glared down at the woman trembling before and below me. Trembling with anger.

?Better watch yourself, or you?ll fall to the Dark Side.?

?What, and destroy a couple of systems like you did? Luckily you destroyed the Sun Crusher when you did, otherwise I?d destroy whatever system you are in.? She smirked. ?Give up Durron, no matter what you say or do, you won?t win.?

I smiled. ?Is that so.? Before I could chicken out, I leant forward, my lips lingering on hers. As I pulled back I noted the look of pure surprised etched onto her face. Turning and walking away, I let a small smile flicker across my lips.

Let her think about that.

JAINA

Did I imagine it, or did Kyp Durron just kiss me?

I fell backwards against the wall, widening my stance so that I wouldn?t slip to the floor. Why was I feeling like this!? Jag is the one that I love, that I had sworn my life too. No, we were not married, but any day now, I expected him to pop the question. When he returned from his mission, I had a feeling he would do just that, and I would say...

Yes, it?s Jag I love... But why do I feel like this!?

I watched as Kyp disappeared into the corridor and caught the smile that played across his lips. Yes, that was it! He?d done it to shut me up, to claim victory in our latest of bouts!

I wasn?t going to let him have the satisfaction.

Stepping into the corridor, I tried to settle my stomach. No, he wasn?t going to get away with that one. And I knew exactly how to get him back. I just had to quench these nerves...

Yes, there he is. In the gallery of our joint rooms, reading over a databank containing a list of all the parts that had just arrived for us to upgrade our X-wings. And we would, tomorrow. But now...

I walked straight up to where he was sitting and leant over him, catching his mouth with mine. Feeling awkward, I held myself up by placing my hands on his shoulders, and was surprised by how firm they felt.

I had intended to simply kiss him quick, but as soon as my lips touched his, I just couldn?t move away.

KYP

Well this is unexpected. Pleasant, but still unexpected.

I felt paralysed as I felt the softness of her lips, but then she moved closer, one knee resting on the seat between my thighs. Her closeness was intoxicating. Her kisses just sent my insides through the twist and turns of Lando?s Folly without any shields.

Suddenly, I just wanted to be closer. Pushing myself up, I caught her around the waist and lifted her up onto the table. Her arms tightened around my neck as her kisses deepened.

What were we doing? This was forbidden! I swear! But there was nowhere else I wanted to be...

Her fingers tugged at the fasteners on my shirt as my own pushed her jacket back from her shoulders. I let my mouth trail down her neck, and heard her moan softly with pleasure.

?What are we doing, Kyp?? She whispered as her hands explored my chest.

?I don?t know,? I answered, voice hoarse. ?But it feels-?

?Don?t stop,? she groaned, pulling my mouth back down onto hers, her kisses intense.

I smiled against her mouth, hands bracing myself to keep me from crushing her. We had to stop, I know it, she knows it. But I can?t. I just can?t. I... I lo-

?GET OFF MY DAUGHTER!!!?

HAN

My original plan had been to see to kids about those parts they had and try to ?borrow? a couple of them for the Falcon, but what I saw before my eyes left th

22. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    [face_love] [face_laugh] hehehe, That was good!

23. Crimson_Sabre

Aug 20, 2002
    ?What boyfriend?? I answered. ?As of a few moments ago, I?m single.?

He laughed, standing and wrapping his arms around me and kissing me with all the love he had kept within himself. When he finally pulled back, I was breathless, and I noted that he was as well.

(Alternate Ending below)

"Okay," he whispered, "Let me go to Jacen's room for a second. I have to do something."

I raised my left brow, "I don't want to wait that long! And why do you have to go to Jacen's room anyway?"

"Well, if you don't like things that are long, waits or not, I think you're in trouble with me. Besides, I think I would have the right to break up with my boyfriend, too, you know."

Chris

24. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    ROFLOL!! That was great!!!

:D [face_laugh]

25. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    ?Which is closer??

?Mine.?

?Then we?ll go to yours.?