main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ETERNITY #1; War of the Heart [Jaina/Kyp/Cenev] (All over folks) *Completed* August 25th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by the_jedi_princess, May 23, 2002.

1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    noooooooooooooooooooo :_| not Cenev need more soon.

2. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    you killed cenev! do you have *any* idea what a shock that was? I'm sitting here, going *wow this story's getting cooler* then you go and kill off cenev. pfft.

-JSD

3. SWMara

SWMara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2001
    Great posties! :)
    So, Cenev is not dead, is he? Well, I don't know what to think. I'm a K/J hardcore fan... :D
    More soon?

4. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    [color=7000CC]All questions shall be answered. Trust me and keep reading.[/color]

-----------------------------------------------------

That night they almost lost Kyp. Had Cilghal have not been checking on him at that certain time, he would have slipped away unnoticed as his heart stopped beating. She had quickly gone to work, and managed to restart it before any damage could be done.

The next day, when he still showed no sign of improvement, and they began to lose hope.

?What?s wrong?? Mirax asked Corran as she ran a brush through her hair.

He shook his head, running a hand over his eyes. ?Its just so hard to believe, that?s all. I know I don?t like Kyp, but I hope he recovers. For Jaina?s sake.?

Mirax frowned. ?What do you mean, for Jaina?s sake??

He shook his head, not answering.

Mirax slid onto the bed behind where her husband sat, and wrapped her arms around him, head on his shoulder. She kissed his cheek. ?What?s been bothering you, Corran? You know you can tell me everything. It?s not like you to keep things from me.?

?I?m in no position to tell.? He sighed, looking back at her. ?Things got complicated Mirax. I thought I had uncovered something, but when I finally found out what it was, I just couldn?t tell anyone. And now, after what happened...?

Mirax frowned. ?Mara was in on this secret too, wasn?t she? As were Jaina, Jimmy, Cenev, and Kyp??

He nodded. ?Yes.?

She rested her forehead on his shoulder and sighed. ?Do you ever wish that there could be a way that we could go back in time and change things??

?Sometimes.? He frowned, a though crossing his mind. ?And maybe I can.?

Mirax?s head shot up. ?What do you mean?? He stood. ?And where are you going??

Corran picked up his lightsaber and hooked it onto his belt. ?Down to the planet.?

?Why??

Corran looked at her. ?I have to know, Mirax. It?s just eating away at me, wondering what did become of Blade.?

She stood, hugging him. ?Just be careful.?

He kissed her. ?I will. I promise.?

-----------------------------------------------

[color=7000CC]And just think, I already know what he finds. :p Any guesses before the next post?[/color]

5. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    What? Since Cenev died, does no one like me no more or something?

6. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Hey! I'm still wondering what happened! I know Corran's going to find something important down there! :) I've just been busy. [face_blush]

Great post! I want to know the end!! :_|

Jae Angel

7. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    The end is very close at hand, I can tell you that. Almost time for the sequel to begin.

Just wondering, anyone have any idea for a series name?

8. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    That's kind of a tough call, since I don't have as good of an idea as you do about the sequel. I wouldn't know what kind of themes your series has without reading both. :)

Jae Angel

9. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    Well, I think within a fortnight you should be reading the sequel, but the storyline will always be the same; Jaina's lovers. And of course battling the dark Jedi. And the Vong. Meeting the Invincibles. Ect, ect, ect. :D

10. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Maybe have it focus on Jaina's lovers. That would be an interesting series title! ;)

Jae Angel

11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    awesome post princess, need more soon and yes I want to see the end. I was away all day today.

12. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    Let me put it this way; in the ways of a true author,

*Questions are answered in the last chapter.
    *Question shall remain unanswered.
    *Plot twists reign suppreme.
    *Never become predictable

Also, let me tell you something about "If Tommorow Never Comes"; there is going to me more of the Anakin/Tahiri relationship.

The Invincibles are a key thing in the upcoming stories, and you will see that old feelings still exist where you least expect them. You will also get to meet Clara, Micheal, and Clinton in the upcoming stories. And yes, Clinton is Cenev's drunk father.

13. SWMara

May 28, 2001
    More please... :)

14. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    [color=7000CC]And the search continues...[/color]

--------------------------------------------------

Corran stepped from the shuttle he had borrowed from Booster, and walked quickly toward the fort. Before he had left he had gone looking for Kam, telling him what he planned to do. Kam had given him directions as to where the fort was, and the building that had killed those within. He had then wished Corran luck, and offered to come with him. Corran had refused.

This was something he needed to do alone.

He found the fort with no trouble, and entered via the now open gates. He stopped, reaching out with the Force. He could still feel the battle that had taken place there, the echoes of fear and cold determination.

He allowed the Force to guide him toward the rubble on his right, and stopped, gazing down at it. There was no way anyone could have possibly survived he realized as he saw it. He frowned, turning back to the foundation beam he had just passed, and bent down to inspect it. He ran a hand over where the beam had split...

...no, cut! The beam had been cut!

He moved slightly, getting a better look at the edge. There was no doubt about it; a lightsaber had made that cut. But who had wielded that lightsaber? He closed his eyes, focussing, and after a few moments the identity came to him.

Ceneveran Rio Forwin Maganna.

Corran felt his stomach twist as he realized what had happened. Cenev had meant for the building to collapse in order to kill the Darl Jedi, knowing full well that by doing so there was little chance that he would have survived himself.

He had sacrificed himself in order to save the people he loved.

Corran stood, letting out a shaky breath. If only more Jedi could be like the Maganna?s, willing to place the lives of others before their own, then perhaps the galaxy wouldn?t be in such a mess.

Corran spotted black, charred cloth near his feet, and bent to inspect it. Moving a broken panel of plaster, he found the body of one of the Dark Jedi. It was a young woman, barely out of adolescence. Her hair was a striking red, her pearl eyes wide with surprise. She would have been beautiful in life, but the snarl on her face, the cruel hatred twisted through it, seemed to mask it.

Corran pulled what was left of her robe up over her face. Yes, she was an enemy, but even enemies must be treated with respect in death.

It saddened him to think that one so young could be corrupted so easily. They had gotten to her early, brainwashed her, and probably used an aspect from her past against her in order for her to join them. He had seen it done before.

Standing, a glint of silver flashed in the light, catching his eye. He picked his way over the rubble, tracing the speck. The silver turned out to be that of an wrist clasp, still attached to the arm of its owner.

Though the rest owner was out of sight beneath the wreckage, Corran knew he had found what he was looking for.

-------------------------------------------------

[color=7000CC]So he found him. But, is he alive? Or isn't he?[/color]

15. SWMara

May 28, 2001
    So you probably let Cenev live and Kyp die... I don't like this thought... :(

16. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    ooh! I don't like that thought either!
    I want both of them to stay alive! And you can find a nice girl for Nevy... ;)

Is it too soon to ask for more?

17. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    I counted about 4-5 more posts for this story. And what's this about finding a nice girl for Cen? Jaina is a nice girl!!! :p

18. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    [color=7000CC]Meanwhile, back on the Venture...[/color]

------------------------------------------------

Jaina walked just behind her family, listening to them talk softly amongst themselves. She felt lost, alone. It had been over a day now since the battle, and Kyp had made it through another night, this time with no hassles, but he still remained in coma.

Kam had told them that Corran had gone in search of Cenev?s body, which didn?t surprise her. They hadn?t heard from him since he had left, but her Uncle assured her that he was fine, just preoccupied.

Jaina was glad he hadn?t asked her to come. There was no way she could have faced seeing Cenev?s beautiful face, now without the spirit that had flashed her that half-hearted lopsided grin on so many occasions.

She owed him her life, from back in the first war against the Dark Jedi. They all did. And now they would never be able to repay him.

Her family vanished into the doorway of their apartment, and Jaina held back. Every time she walked into the large meeting and lounge room that joined all the bedrooms together, she remembered that time they had all been in there together. She smiled faintly as she remembered how all the men had stormed away from the Sabacc table when Cenev had revealed that his aunt had taught him to play.

"Hey. I have been beaten you know."

"By anyone besides Clara?"

"Well... no."

Kyp and Cenev?s voices echoed through her mind, haunting her. She knew it was possible that she may never hear those voices again, one, she knew for certain would never again be heard by anyone.

A burst of shock interrupted her thoughts. She quickened her step, wondering just what it was that could cause her family all to stiffen in surprise.

Stepping into the room, the sight that befell her made her stop dead in her tracks.

------------------------------------------------

[color=7000CC]Dum, da dum dum[/color]

19. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    OH NO! [face_shocked] WHAT HAPPENED!?!?!?

Is it too soon to ask for more?

20. JediWarriorYoda

JediWarriorYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Golly gee, who could it be?!
    Great story, I don't think I've ever told you that.

21. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    ooooooooh...what is it? more please?

-JSD

22. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I like them both!! :D Sorry I haven't been around for the past two posts, but they're awesome! Great cliffie right there. ;) I think I know who just showed up. . . :p

Jae Angel

23. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    :eek: oh no now what?? more soon please

24. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    [color=7000CC]Long post[/color]

-------------------------------------------------

Kyp laughed. ?You all look like you?ve seen a ghost!?

?Well, we thought you were as good as one,? Han admitted, moving forward.

Kyp pushed himself to his feet, grinning. Han caught him in a tight hug.

?You gave us a scare, kid.?

?I know.? Kyp looked back toward where Cilghal and Jimmy stood back. ?Lets just say it was a good thing there were such good healers around.?

?Perhaps,? Jimmy spoke up. ?But even that was almost not enough.?

Kyp lowered himself back down onto the couch. It was obvious that he was still weak, and the effort of standing had drained him. He looked up toward Jaina, and smiled wearily.

?I?m sorry I gave you such a scare, Jaina. Can you ever find it in your heart to forgive me??

Jaina just stared at him, then, without a word, flew across the room and flung her arms around him, burying her head in his chest. He pulled her close, nuzzling her hair. He looked up toward Mara, and saw her give a sad smile. He frowned, saying nothing, but instead pulled Jaina back so he could look at her.

?Clara was right all those years ago,? he said softly. ?I am an arrogant, jealousy-ridden, self-obsessed prick. I don?t know how you stand me. I should have never said what I said, and I wish I could just take it all back.? He sighed, averting his eyes. ?I never meant to hurt you, Jaina. It was just that-?

Jaina took his face in her hands and kissed him deeply, cutting him off. A gasp echoed around the room. Jacen, fists clenched, began to move forward, but Jimmy caught him by the back of his jacket, holding him back.

Leia frowned. ?Jaina! You had better have an explanation for this!?

Han crossed his arms, glaring at the two. ?Yeah.?

Luke, who remained silent, stood with one hand on his lightsaber, blue eyes staring icily toward Kyp. Mara reached out and looped her arm through his, but he didn?t seem to notice.

Jaina stood, looking around all those in the room. She hesitated, looking back at Kyp, who nodded, reassuring. She drew in a deep breath. ?Well, it?s like this...?

She told them everything; starting with the kiss Kyp had given her in the tropical garden room, right up to right then and there. After she had finished, she swallowed nervously, wondering what they would say.

To her surprise, Han started laughing.

Leia jabbed him in the ribs with her elbow. ?Han.?

He grinned. ?I knew something was going on, I just never realized how messy it all was.? He looked down at his wife. ?All I can say is that she certainly takes after you.?

Luke had to smile. ?Perhaps, but I turned out to be Leia?s brother, remember? And Isolder ended up falling in love with and marrying Teneniel Djo?

Kam frowned. ?So Mara, Corran, and Jimmy knew all about this.?

?And Clara,? Kyp admitted, leaning forward, elbows on knees. He spotted Jaina?s look. ?Don?t look at me like that, she worked it out for herself. Said that there was something distracting Cenev, and she?s always been able to read me. She ?was? my apprentice after all.?

Mirax grinned. ?Now I know what?s been bothering Corran for these last few weeks. I wonder why he didn?t tell me? I think he was going too before he went in search of Cenev, but he stopped himself. ?

Kyp frowned. ?Speaking of Cenev, where is he??

There was a silence as all looked away. Kyp eyed them, realization crossing his face. He buried his head in his hands, tears threatening to spill from his eyes as he chocked back a sob. ?Oh god.?

Jaina dropped onto the couch beside him, pulling him close. ?He gave his life so we could get away.?

?Stupid!? Kyp chocked out. ?How could he be so stupid!?? He looked up at her. ?I thought the plan was to wipe out the Dark Jedi and get the hell out of there. All of us!?

?I know.?

Han lowered his eyes, looking back at Leia. ?He was no older then our kids, Leia. He was still just a boy.?

?Physically perhaps.? They all looked up to where Luke stood frowning, eyes lowered, distant. ?But mentally...? He loo

25. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Hehehe, I knew he'd be back! :D ;) :p Great post! :) Can't wait to see how this one ends! :D

Jae Angel