main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ETERNITY #1; War of the Heart [Jaina/Kyp/Cenev] (All over folks) *Completed* August 25th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by the_jedi_princess, May 23, 2002.

1. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    THis isn't good! I don't know who I'm rooting for! I like to know that!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

2. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    This is getting so good! Post soon please!!!!! :D

3. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Yeah, I agree that it's hard to tell who to root for. :) UP! :D

Jae Angel

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Sparks are going to fly when Kyp finds out about Jaina kissing Cenev, I don't know who to root for. Keep going.

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Cenev, of course! ;)

6. sith_lady17

sith_lady17 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2001
  7. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    [color=7000CC]Now for Kyp's reaction...[/color]

------------------------------------------------

Kyp stepped into the hanger bay and glanced around, before heading toward where the Millennium Falcon sat. He pulled his black Jedi robes tighter around him as the draft caught his dark hair, ruffling it. He paused by the Falcon?s ramp, then turned and moved toward where an access hatch was open in its side.

?Been looking for you, kid.?

There was a thud, followed by a curse, then Cenev slide out of the hole, rubbing his head. ?Kriff, Kyp, don?t startle me like that!?

Kyp smiled, glancing in the hole. ?What are you doing??

?Han asked me to give him a hand. The Falcon?s been causing him misery again.? He took several steps back, gazing up toward the top of the ship. ?Hey Anakin!?

?When doesn?t the Falcon cause him misery,? Kyp pointed out as Anakin?s head appeared over the edge.

Cenev smiled at him, then looked back up at Anakin. ?Do you have the small hydrospanner??

?Yeah,? Anakin called down. His head vanished for a second, before reappearing. He threw the spanner down to Cenev, who caught it easily. ?I?m going to need it in a minute.?

?I?ll only be a sec.? Cenev slid back into the hole, resuming his work.

Kyp watched him, eyes narrowing. ?You kissed her, didn?t you??

Cenev didn?t even flinch. ?Correction; she kissed me.? He gestured to where boxes of parts were sitting nearby. ?Could you hand me some of that blue wire.?

Kyp handed it to him. ?And you let her??

?Why shouldn?t I have?? Cenev glanced out of the corner of his eye at the fuming Jedi Master. ?You really need to work on that temper, you know.?

?Stang,? Kyp muttered under his breath, then louder, ?you know that I?ve been courting her. She was just starting to warm to me.?

?I can?t make her decisions.? Cenev finished what he was doing, slipping back out of the hole. ?Heads up, Anakin!? He tossed the hydrospanner up onto the top of the Falcon.

?Thanks,? the muffled reply came back.

Kyp followed Cenev into the Falcon. ?Listen to me, Cenev. Stay away from her, all right? Or I?ll be forced to hurt you.?

Cenev rolled his eyes. ?Hello? You?ve already tried to hurt me, remember? And you ended up flat on your back.?

?Beginners luck.?

?Oh, grow up.?

?Hey! You?re the kid here.?

?Am I? Because I?m starting to wonder.? Cenev turned to face him. ?You?re too possessive, Master Durron. You don?t like people going near something you yourself want. You need to learn that you can?t do that with people. Not Clara, not Mara, not Jaina.?

Kyp winced just noticeably at the use of Mara?s name. ?How dare you-?

?Finished kid?? Han stepped out of the maintenance bay, wiping his hands on a rag. Spotting Kyp, he paused. ?Come to help??

?No, I was just leaving.?

Kyp glared one more time at Cenev, before storming down the ramp and out of sight. Cenev watched him, before moving over to where Artoo was welding a crack in a bulkhead.

Han gestured after Kyp. ?What was that about??

Cenev sighed, and shook his head.

-------------------------------------------------

8. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Two words.

More Please

Great post.

9. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    [color=7000CC]Okey Dokey[/color]

-----------------------------------------------

?Poor boy,? Mara muttered, shaking her head as Jaina finished. ?Why didn?t he tell us sooner??

?He probably had his reasons,? Luke said softly. He sighed. ?This explains a lot.? He looked at Jaina. ?Is that all??

She nodded, but caught Mara?s eye, who smiled knowingly.

Luke caught the exchanged. ?Did I miss something??

Mara patted his hand. ?Nothing important. Just a girl thing.?

Luke narrowed his eyes at her. ?Everything?s a ?girl thing? between you two lately. You?re going to have to tell me sooner or later.?

?Fine. I?ll tell you later.?

Jaina smiled. In the bedroom, Ben began to cry. Mara glanced sideways at her husband, then nodded toward the door. Luke sighed, standing.

?Why do I have a feeling I?m not wanted anymore??

Mara grinned up at him. ?When Ben needs attention, you?re always wanted.?

Luke shook his head, smiling faintly, and vanished into the bedroom.

Mara moved closer to Jaina. ?Tell me what happened.?

Jaina shrugged. ?We kissed, that?s it.?

?Who made the first move??

?I did.?

Mara nodded. ?About what I thought. How long did it last??

Jaina frowned, wondering what her Aunt was getting at. ?I?m not sure, but I think it was about half an hour, then we split up to go about our business.?

?Who pulled away first??

?I did.?

Mara grinned. ?I was right. He loves you.?

Jaina wondered how she had come up with that. ?What makes you say that??

?Because if he didn?t, it wouldn?t have lasted nearly as long, and he would have pulled way first.? She raised an eyebrow. ?He hesitated when you had to split up, didn?t he??

?Well? yes.? Jaina felt a disturbance in the Force, and stretched out. She felt the flickering of a presence ?How could you, after all we?ve been through. I thought you loved me??

Mara frowned. ?I caught it too. Just the presence, not the words.?

?What???

Mara sighed. ?I think someone else knows what happened on that ledge in the garden room.?

Jaina felt her stomach knot. ?No??

Mara nodded solemnly. ?Yes. One Jedi Master; Kyp Durron.?

10. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    :eek:

Oh man, that was AWESOME!!!! Poor Kyp! :( Now I hope he gets a little play with Jaina! I feel sorry for the guy! :p

Jae Angel

11. sith_lady17

Apr 22, 2001
    :D The talk between Kyp and Cenev was great! Kyp is getting angry... [face_devil] I can't wait to see what he'll do....
    Can we have another post please???? ;)

12. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I agree with Sith Lady! We really need to have a new post in here after that last one! Please? :D

Jae Angel

13. Rev_Leidu

Rev_Leidu Jedi Master star 5

Nov 22, 2001
    Hm...Jaina seems to like to go after the guys who have have rough pasts...Well, now Kyp's majorly pissed...oi...this isn't going to go well, is it?

More soon! :D

14. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    [color=7000CC]Here you go[/color]

Kyp walked through the upper level of the closed mall, not seeing the scattered few people wandering around. He felt like someone had ripped his heart out for the second time in his life. He frowned. Both times it had happened, it had involved a Maganna.

He dropped onto a bench and held his head in his hands. He glanced up at his reflection in the mirror just across from him, noticing for the first time the lines beginning to form in the corners of his eyes, and the grey hairs sprouting on his temples. He was getting old.

Some would say that 34 was still young, the early years, but he knew different. Most people his age had settled down and gotten married, starting families. Now, as he thought about it, he realized how much he wanted the security of a steady relationship. Before, he had been scared of being hurt again, now he realized that no matter what he did, he was always going to get hurt.

He ran his hands through his hair, squeezing his eyes closed. Who had decided that he could never love? Someone obviously had, because every time he did, it always seemed to crash down around his ears. Perhaps it would be better if he never loved?

?But to not love, was to never live. He groaned. Why couldn?t life be easier??

?Kyp??

He looked up and spotted Jaina standing nearby. He looked away. ?Go away, Jaina.?

She didn?t move. ?Kyp, I didn?t mean to hurt you-?

?Well you did!? He threw himself to his feet and began walking off.

Jaina hurried and fell into step beside him. ?Kyp, please-?

?I thought I told you to go away.?

?Well I?m not going to. If you?ll just let me explain-?

?Fine.? He stopped dead, turning to face her. ?I?d like to see you try.?

She sighed. ?The truth is? I can?t. I love Cenev-?

?Then why aren?t you with him!? Kyp shot back. ?Look Jaina, I don?t need you to rub it in. You told me once that you wanted me to leave the Venture, so I will. The last thing I need is you mocking me as you stand in his arms. I had enough of that from Clara.? He turned and began to stalk off.

?I love you, too.? Jaina called after him.

That stopped him short. ?What??

?I love him,? Jaina said hesitantly. ?But I love you too.?

Kyp turned to face her. ?But? ?both? of us??

She nodded. ?Both of you. I just can?t? pick one.?

He frowned. ?But you?re going to have to eventually. It doesn?t work like that.?

?Maybe not in this part of the galaxy.? She smiled sheepishly. ?I probably will have to decide, but for now??

Kyp eyed her, curious. ?What??

She hesitated. ?Can?t I love you both??

He thought. Share Jaina with the kid? People would talk? but she already knew that. He could see it by looking at her. Yes, she would have to choose eventually, but even if she chose Cenev over him, he could still have her for now. Besides, this could be his chance to prove to the kid that he ?did? know how to share.

?All right.? He nodded, letting her slip into his arms. ?Just for now, anyway.?

[color=7000CC]Bet you weren't expecting that! ;) [/color]

15. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    hay great posts poor Kyp. Can't wait for more.

16. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    WOW! :eek: Man that's going to be hard on those two guys! :( I don't know if I could do it if I were Kyp. Feelings aside, I'd probably go find another girl. :p Eh, but love is a very mysterious thing! :)

Jae Angel

17. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    No I wasnt expecting that, I like Kyp, but Cenev is in the lead here, unless he was lying about his past hmmmm. please some more 7

18. Rev_Leidu

Rev_Leidu Jedi Master star 5

Nov 22, 2001
    I foresee some fights in future chatpers.... :D

More soon!

19. sith_lady17

Apr 22, 2001
    Great post! When can we have more? ;)

20. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    UP!!! More soon please! :)

Jae Angel

21. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    Just wondering, how many of you would be interested in me writing "Cenev's Diary"? I could write it either as him having just turned 18, so you can get to know him before this story, or as this story takes place. I could answer any questions you have on him and his past, and it would give you a chance to get to know him better.

Interested?

Oh, and I promise to get the next post up tonight, or, in most of your cases, in the morning.

22. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Oooooh!!! I'd be really interested in reading that! :) It would be awesome to know even more about Cenev and his past.

And yes, I'll probably be up late enough so I can read the next post. I have to do my house chores, so that'll take a while. I got stuck with the bathroom this time. ::Shudder:: :p

Jae Angel

23. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    [color=7000CC]I'll start working on the diary as soon as possible then. Anything you want me to include in it?[/color]

The following morning Kyp found Cenev at the bar in the gallery. He pulled up a seat beside him, and ordered a drink. Cenev watched him, a quizzical look on his face. Kyp glanced at him, and grinned as Cenev raised one eyebrow in an unspoken question.

?What?? Kyp asked, picking up his drink. ?I?m allowed to sit next to a friend, aren?t I??

?I thought you weren?t talking to me.?

?I wasn?t.? Kyp sipped his drink. ?Jaina found me last night.?

?Oh really,? Cenev raised his glass to his lips. ?Did you tell her off too??

?No,? Kyp glanced at him, wondering how to put it. ?She?s decided that she wants us to? share her.?

Cenev choked on his drink. ?Share her!? What does she mean by that??

Kyp shrugged. ?Exactly as I asked. She can?t decide which one of us she loves more, so, for the moment, she wants to love us both.?

Cenev shook his head in disbelief. ?Where does she think we are? Dathomir??

Kyp started. ?What??

Cenev glanced at him. ?You?ve been to Dathomir. You know how it works.?

?Only roughly.? He turned to the younger man. ?You?re the native. Explain how it works.?

The male Dathomiri warrior shrugged. ?Simple. In my clan, as soon as a woman turns 16, she must go out and hunt for a male slave. There is no limit as to how many men one woman can have. In some clans in fact, the more men one has, the higher in status they are.?

Kyp whistled. ?Well. Maybe we should move there.?

Cenev shook his head. ?The Vong took the planet.?

?Oh.? Kyp glanced sideways at him. ?How come you aren?t owned? You would have had to spend a lot on time on Dathomir in order to complete your training. And I know you?ve completed your training, because Clara told me all about the ?earning a name? thing, and you?ve obviously done that, Ceneveran Rio.?

Cenev smiled. ?Yes, I have. Truth is, I can?t be owned.?

?Cathern?win, eh??

?Yeah.? He shook his head. ?What does Jaina think she?s doing? People are going to talk.?

?She knows that.? Kyp shrugged. ?I don?t think she cares. What ?I? care about though is how they?re all going to react when they find out.?

Cenev met his eye. ?Lets keep our ships prepped, I think.?

24. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Great post princess I loved it, keep up the awesome work.

?She knows that.? Kyp shrugged. ?I don?t think she cares. What ?I? care about though is how they?re all going to react when they find out.?

Cenev met his eye. ?Lets keep our ships prepped, I think.?

I liked these last lines, lets run if it gets out of hand.

25. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    They should turn the tables on Ms. Jaina Solo, and make her choose. Kyp seems to like the idea of sharing a little too much. 7