main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ETERNITY #1; War of the Heart [Jaina/Kyp/Cenev] (All over folks) *Completed* August 25th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by the_jedi_princess, May 23, 2002.

1. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Oh no!!! :eek: Corran is going to kick Kyp's butt!!! :( Or is Kyp going to kick Corran's butt? ;) Great post!!!! :D

Jae Angel

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Yay a new post and an awsome one at that, keep going.

3. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    [color=7000CC]For anyone who's read "Padawan's on a camping trip", then you'll spot a familiar name in here. You are also going to get to see Cenev's smuggling side.[/color]

------------------------------------------------

Two days later, Jaina went in search of Cenev, whom she had not seen for quite a while. Kyp had given her the code to open the apartment he and the 19-year-old shared, so she went there first. Stepping in, she moved into the living area, and found her old friend stretched out on one of the two couches, surrounded by datapads.

?What are you doing?? She asked, turning the lights up a little.

?Considering giving Lando a call,? he answered, without looking up. ?You would not believe what they are asking to get hold of some of those cut-off stockpiles. Just think what they would be worth to smuggle through Vong territory.? His eyebrows rose marginally. ?Tempting.?

Jaina slid down onto the couch. ?You wouldn?t actually do it, would you??

He glanced up at her. ?Why wouldn?t I? For the money they?re asking, and where they want it to go, a smuggler would expect to receive roughly 15% or more.?

?But why would you do it??

?Well, I am a smuggler.? He flicked his wrist, his sleeve dropping down to reveal one of his patterned, silver clasps. ?A member of the Invincibles, remember??

Jaina frowned. ?But the Invincibles were always fairly well off. You can?t possibly need the money that bad.?

?Who said I was in it for the money?? He threw the datapad onto the small table. ?I?m in it for the risks and danger. The excitement.?

?A Jedi craves not excitement,? Jaina said, quoting one of Luke?s favourite sayings.

?Well this Shadow Knight does. As do his Uncle and Aunt.? He smiled and shrugged. ?Besides, going into Vong territory gives us an excuse to whip some Vong behind.?

?I guess.? She leant down and kissed him. ?But what about the other side to smuggling??

He touched her cheek. ?Which is???

?The fame and glory.?

?I was born into the fame and glory.? He gently tugged a loose strand of her hair jokingly. ?I simply need to live up to the family name. With being the grandson of the Rogue and all. Especially since I?m a spitting image of him.?

Jaina frowned. ?Rogue as in the one in the Coruscant archives? He was your grandfather? Kyle??

?That?s him. One of the few Jedi to ever become smuggler in fact, even if it were only for a short time. Up until he fell in love and got married. Then he had to settle down, or else attract too much attention from the Emperor.?

?That?s quite a reputation to live up to.?

Cenev grinned. ?Actually, I?ve already lived up to and surpassed what my grandfather, the first of the Invincibles, ever did. I guess being so talented is in the blood.? His smile faded. ?There was always only one thing we Maganna?s were never talented at.?

Jaina fingered his hair, fascinated by how soft it was. ?And what?s that??

?Love.? He smiled sheepishly. ?Yes, my grandfather married well. As did my Aunt, and my father before things fell apart. And of course Jimmy, who?s now married and a father of three. But Uncle Carl and Aunt Carla have never even dated. I admit that they?ve been busy, but there are ways around it.

?And then there?s me.? He looked up into Jaina?s eyes. ?I?m 19, Jaina, and you?re the first person, aside from family, who I?ve ever really cared about.?

Jaina felt her checks warm. ?Flatterer.?

?What?? He traced a finger along her jaw, flashing her the trademark Maganna lopsided grin. ?Come on, Jaina. Surely it isn?t this easy to make you blush. And here I was thinking how strong you were??

?And don?t stop thinking that!? Jaina laughed, tapping her finger into his breastbone. ?Just because you?ve inherited your father?s way with words doesn?t make me weak.?

?You sure??

Jaina continued to laugh, before leaning down and kissing him. Cenev slid his arms around, pulling her closer as she wrapped her arms around his neck. She started to sit up, but he held her tighter, kissing her furiously. J

4. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    yay great post, can't wait for more. So can I guess who was the man that was angry? Was it Kyp or Corran.

5. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    That time I'm pretty sure it was Kyp. :) Great post!!! :D

Jae Angel

6. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001

My guess? ZEKK! IT WAS THE ZEKKSTER!!!!!!!!

Or maybe not. Great posts!!!!!! I think she needs to chose, though!! She needs to choose Kyp, no duh!!!!!!!

7. sith_lady17

sith_lady17 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2001
    Ohh, now, I'm pretty sure the man was Kyp.... and he's getting angrier... [face_devil] More please!

8. Aeron_Azzameen1839

Aeron_Azzameen1839 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 22, 2002
    I'd have to say Kyp also. It seems like he's always mad at something.

Up!

9. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    It's Horn, who else would get so angry, the whole situation dose'nt seem to be bothering anyone else too much, IMO. 7 :)

10. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    [color=7000CC]So lets see if your guesses are right.[/color]

-----------------------------------------------

Kyp stood on the bridge with the others. His eyes fell on Anakin and Tahiri, whispering at the back. He smiled faintly, then ran his gaze across the others. Luke, Leia, Han, Jacen, Mirax, and Booster were all there, talking among themselves. He felt eyes on the back of his neck, and turned to see Mara coming up behind him.

?Thought this important enough to leave Threepio watching, Ben.? She stopped beside Kyp, not looking at him. ?To be honest, Durron, I never thought you?d go along with it.?

?What?? Kyp glanced out the view port. ?You mean the thing with Jaina??

?Yes, that.? Mara looked over at Anakin and Tahiri and frowned. ?There is way to much love on this ship. It?s starting to make me ill.?

?You certainly can talk, Mrs Skywalker.? Kyp?s eyes slid to the deck. ?Mara, about what happened a few years ago...?

?I know.? Mara looked at him kindly for the first time in years. ?Trust me, it never happened.? She raised a hand, cutting off his reply. ?And don?t blame yourself. I was as much at fault as you were. What was your fault, was what happened between you and Clara.?

?So her nephew keeps reminding me.? Kyp turned to her, holding out a hand. ?Truce??

Mara took it in a brisk handshake. ?Truce.?

They turned to see Jaina and Cenev walking up to them. Cenev?s gaze flicked from one to the other, eyebrow rising in an unspoken question.

Mara smiled. ?You Maganna?s are all alike. You have to know everything about everyone. Just tell you?re Aunt that Kyp and I are on speaking terms.?

Cenev looked at Kyp. ?Now she?ll want to know when you will be on speaking terms with her.?

Kyp hesitated. Mara turned to face him. ?Well??

He glared at her. ?Tell her to call me,? he muttered.

?What?? Cenev asked, mockingly. ?I didn?t quite catch that.?

Kyp glared laser bolts at him. ?Tell Clara to call me,? he said louder. ?Its time we talked about what happened, without fighting.?

Cenev grinned. ?Finally. I?ll call her as soon??

His voice trailed off, the grin slipping into a frown. He turned, eyes flickering toward the doorway... and meeting Corran?s hot glare. Cenev narrowed his eyes, holding Corran?s gaze. Corran continued to glare at him, not backing down.

?There you are,? Booster said, spotting Corran. ?Get over here so we can begin.? He frowned, following Corran?s gaze. ?What?s wrong??

?Nothing.? Corran moved his glare off Cenev, letting it fall on Kyp, then Jaina, before he moved toward Booster.

Mara leaned closer to the three. ?How careful have you been these last few days??

?Very,? Jaina answered. ?Why??

Mara nodded toward Corran. ?Because I think Horn?s worked out what?s going on. Lets just hope he doesn?t think I?m in on it.?

?Well aren?t you?? Kyp flicked his gaze toward her, then grinned at the look on her face. ?It is true. You do know what?s going on.?

?Its like this,? Booster began, cutting off Mara?s rebuke. ?I?ve had scouts keeping an eye on the surrounding systems, and one of them has spotted a Vong fleet heading this way.?

?When do you expect them to arrive?? Luke asked, blue eyes coming to rest on Mara.

Jaina sensed Cenev stiffen beside her. She looked up at his face, and saw that it had become stony. He turned his head slowly to look out the view port, his forehead knitted with concentration. Jaina wanted to ask what was wrong, but kept silent, wanting to hear Booster?s answer.

?In about a day.? Booster answered. ?I want to be out of here before that.? He nodded toward Cenev. ?The kid there gave me the co-ordinates to a safe location if we needed it, so we?ll go there.? He looked over toward Luke. ?I suggest you send Solusar and his wife the location, so they know where to find us once they get back.?

Luke nodded.

Booster ran his eyes around the group. ?At the moment I suggest we start preparing to move out. I want to be gone within a few hours, so that the Vong will arrive to find nothing but empty space.?

?Too late.?

11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Yay a new post, awesome princess can't wait for more

12. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    [color=7000CC]What happened to my readers?[/color]

They arrived in the hanger to see Cenev?s Dart zooming out of view. Kyp saluted Jaina as they split up and headed toward their X-wing?s. Han, Anakin, Leia and Jacen ran for the Falcon, Luke for the Jade?s Sabre. Mara called to him and he waited. After a quick discussion, Mara led the way toward her ship.

The Vong fleet was no larger then what they had faced before. But the last time they had faced one, they had had more fighters.

?This is going to be tricky,? Jaina said as they formed up.

?We can do it,? Kyp reassured her. ?I know we can.?

?Just relax,? Cenev laughed. ?There?s nothing to worry about. You?ve got me, remember??

?What?s so important about you?? Corran asked dryly. ?Can you snap your fingers and make them all vanish??

?I can if you want me to,? Cenev shot back.

?Cut the chatter,? Han spoke up. ?They?re coming.?

Sure enough, the Yuuzhan Vong fleet was spreading, zeroing in on the Venture. Cenev?s Dart turned hard right, passing over the Venture?s nose, while the remaining members of the group continued forward.

?Booster,? Cenev called. ?How soon can you move??

?Just hold them off for a few minutes,? Booster answered.

?We may not ?have? a few minutes,? Luke replied. ?But we?ll see what we can do.?

The two group?s engaged in combat. As the battle continued, Kyp became aware that Corran constantly just missed him with his laser bolts. Kyp shot a coralskipper of Jaina?s back, then realized that another had looped around behind him.

?You?ve picked one up, Durron,? Mara called.

Kyp spun his ship through a series of tight manoeuvres, but didn?t shake his follower. ?He?s on me tight.?

There was an explosion, and suddenly the coralskipper was gone.

?Correction. He was on you tight.?

Kyp let out the breath he hadn?t realized he?d been holding. ?Thanks Blade.?

The larger of the Vong ships began to move toward the Venture. The small group of fighter?s began pummelling it with laser bolt?s and torpedoes, but to no effect. The Venture turned hard but slowly left as its engines kicked in, Booster trying to move his ship away from the battle. The Vong continued to gain ground as it moved into range.

?Look out, Booster!? Corran called. ?Get the hell out of there!?

?I?m trying! We need more time!?

Out of the corner of his eye, Kyp spotted the Dart making a B-line for the Vong ship, guns silent, and engines at full throttle. It didn?t take the others long to spot it too.

?What?s he doing!?? Jacen cried as his father muttered ?What the hell??

The Dart hit the ship at full speed, the Vong craft breaking apart in a spectacular explosion.

13. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    GREAT POSTS!!!!!!!!!

And 7 was right! Good for her!

Can't wait to see what happens when Corran confronts them!!!!!!!

14. sith_lady17

Apr 22, 2001
    Great posts! :)
    What happened to Cenev? I hate cliffhangers! :D :mad: :p More soon?

15. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Oh no what happened to Cenev, post more soon great cliff hanger by the way.

16. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Great posts!!! :D This is really getting interesting, with Corran sneaking around spying on people! :mad: Bad Corran!! :D

Jae Angel

17. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    [color=7000CC]Nothing wrong with a cliffhanger. It keeps the readers wondering, and means they'll come back for another look! :p[/color]

?CENEV!? Jaina screamed as she realized what had just occurred right before her eyes. She felt like someone had punched her in the gut. No. It wasn?t possible-

A glint of gold caught her eye, then the Dart burst into view, unscathed. There were several exclamations of surprise and disbelief as the golden ship rejoined the group.

?How did you...?? Luke asked.

They heard Cenev laugh. ?Two words: Quantum Armour.?

Anakin growled. ?You?re a jerk.?

?Thank you.?

?And a major smartarse.?

?Took you long enough to work that one out.?

?Just remember he?s spent the last few years living with his Aunt,? Mara pointed out.

?Which explains a lot.? Kyp surveyed the remaining ships. ?Hey Blade. Willing to give one of those torpedoes of yours a test run??

?You know, I completely forgot about them.? Cenev flicked a switch, loading one up. ?Lets see if it works, shall we.?

There was confusion among the others. ?What torpedoes?? Leia asked, voicing the question on everyone?s mind.

Cenev hit the button. A purple rocket shot from the underside of the Dart, streaking toward the centre of the Vong fleet. It reached its target, exploding among the group, sending a purple hued shockwave through space. All Vong ships in its path disintegrated into dust, but the shockwave passed over all other ships, leaving them unmarked.

?That torpedo,? Cenev answered.

?Woo Hoo!? Kyp called. ?I?d say it worked!?

?We?re in position,? Booster interrupted. ?Get back here now if you want a ride.?

The fighters turned back toward the Venture. They had almost reached the hanger when a new group of Yuuzhan Vong ships dropped into the area.

?Uh oh,? Anakin muttered.

?Looks like they called for backup,? Luke added. ?We?d better get rid of th-?

?No.? Cenev cut in. ?You get back to the Venture and get out of here. I?ll take care of this lot.?

Both Jaina and Kyp started, flicking their gazes across at each other through space. ?That?s not a very good idea, kid,? Kyp said aloud.

?I?ll be fine,? he reassured them. ?Come on. I?ve been fighting the Vong since long before you knew they existed. I think I can handle myself.? He paused. ?Besides, someone has to watch the Venture?s back.?

?Alright,? Luke agreed, leading the way into the hanger and setting down. ?We?ll meet you at our destination.?

?See you in the Domain.?

The Dart swung around, sublights at full speed as it streaked toward the Yuuzhan Vong fleet. The other?s set their ships down inside the hanger, all eyes watching the golden fighter as it disappeared from view. Seconds later the Venture leapt into hyperspace, leaving the young Knight behind...

[color=7000CC]Leave Cenev behind? That means Kyp has Jaina all to himself. [face_mischief] ;) [/color]

18. sith_lady17

Apr 22, 2001
    Yay! Kyp has Jaina all to himself and she will realize that he's perfect for her, and that she doesn't love Cenev... :D
    *sigh* I wish it would be that simple... but of course it is not over yet. ;)

19. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Just wanted to up this! Great post!! :D Is it too early to ask for more? :)

Jae Angel

20. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    YAY! Kyp and Jaina alone!!!!!!!!

Hey, Narundi, you kinda stole my line!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

21. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    [color=7000CC]I just finished writing this story. 87 pages in a word document, and this one ends on page 36.

We have a long way to go... :p [/color]

Kyp sat on the couch in his apartment, feet up on the low table, arms crossed, watching a rerun of the Holonet News. He glared at the image of Borsk Fel?lya, the New Republic?s current Chief-of-State, as the Bothan made his weekly speech.

?We are doing all we can in the effort to help all the Refugee?s of the Yuuzhan Vong attacks. We have positioned the fleet to save the members of our glorious Republic-?

?To save your own arse, Fel?lya,? Kyp sneered at the holo.

?-Our efforts have been hindered by the involvement of the Jedi. The Jedi, though once the keepers of peace and justice, now spread deception and corruption among us-?

Kyp straightened, shocked. ?What??

?-The Yuuzhan Vong have already shown their interest in the capture of the Jedi, and may leave our remaining territories in peace, should we hand all Jedi over to them. Among their main list, are Jacen and Anakin Solo, the traitorous murderer Kyp Durron, -?

Kyp glared at the image, wishing it were real. ?Why you little??

?-Corran Horn, and the Great Jedi Master Luke Skywalker.? Fel?lya glanced down quickly, as is reading off something. ?Contacts within the Peace Brigade-?

?Sleeping with the enemy, Fel?lya?? Kyp asked dryly.

?-have reported that the Yuuzhan Vong clashed with these Jedi two standard days ago. There has been no contact with that fleet, nor with the fleet that were sent to back it up. The report reads that a mysterious golden fighter took part in the battle, which has disappeared along with the Vong-?

?Cenev,? Kyp said softly, silently praying that the boy was all right.

?-Anyone with information on the battle and the location of those that took part have been asked to contact the Peace Brigade.? Fel?lya looked up, eyes hard. ?I must ask all citizens of New Republic to treat the Jedi as an enemy. They are not to be trusted any more then the Yuuzhan Vong. They have proven that their sole focus is to save only themselves, and will hurt all those that stand in their way. If you spot a Jedi, please do not try to capture him, but instead alert the proper authorities.? The Bothan gave a phoney grin. ?Moving on to today?s Senate report-?

Kyp picked up a cushion and threw it at the Bothan. It sailed straight through the image, but managed to hit the off button before it hit the floor. Kyp lurched to his feet as the image vanished, and after throwing on his black robes, headed for the bridge.

------------------------------------------------

[color=7000CC]I promise that there is some mush coming up in two posts.[/color]

22. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Great posts, Oh I hate that little fury bothan, :mad: is Cenev ok?? Post more soon

23. sith_lady17

Apr 22, 2001
    Ohh.... Kyp is one of the Main Jedi on the list... [face_devil] :p
    I hope Cenev is okay. ;)
    Good post! :)

24. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Great post! :) I'm sure Cenev is ok, right? Please? :(

More soon?

Jae Angel

25. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    AAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED MORE, AND I NEED IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!