main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before the Saga Eternity.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by FlyingspiginaPurplejarr, Nov 14, 2017.

1. FlyingspiginaPurplejarr

FlyingspiginaPurplejarr Jedi Padawan

Oct 20, 2016
    Eternity

Eternity is relentless.”Such are the words that echoed within the mind of the Old Spirit.She no longer had the perception of time, anymore as such things do not exist in the spectral realm of the Force.Trapped between the material realm and the unifying existence of the Living Force, she was bound to an eternity of prison for being the wraith, she never choose to be.The grim irony that from all the living beings of the galaxy, that from all the quadrillions of sapient creatures she was the only one with free will.

But there is a chance now.

She looked down upon the broken man lying in the depth of the ancient temple’s catacomb.His long blonde hair and noble features covered in blood and soil, his body broken, with a gaping wound in his abdomen.But life did not abandoned him, not yet.The spirit looked deep into the streams of time, looking back at this poor man’s life.The birth on a space ship, his upbringing in the temple, his unwitting life as an apprentice to a cursed line of failed masters.The war, the treachery of his master, and the eventual moment when his own trusted soldiers turned on him, without a flicker of remorse.

But he survived, fueled by righteous fury and he thrived.His power grew, he found new allies, new friends, rivals and even love, just to be taken away.And he was cast down, yet again.

And now, tainted by pain and blood-lust, he indulged himself in deviances, planned his revenge and eventually made his way to this very place.To find answers, to find strength.And in his final hour he faced the Dark Lord of the Sith and nearly destroyed him.

But destiny did not chose him for that role, he was betrayed, yet again.By visions of a future he never choose.But future is a malleable thing.Its streams and currents tracing out into the infinite, revealing the many possibilities of the future.

On one path she saw the invasion of a vicious alien race, engulfing the galaxy in flames.On another one she saw the empire thrive over the rebellion, just to be shattered and self destruct by the internal conflict of power hungry beings.On a third one she witnessed the Dark Lord turning into a twisted abomination of chaos and dooms the galaxy to an eternity of decay, until thrown down by the jedi.

And many, many more.

As if the galaxy was bound to an eternity of limbo, a wheel of fate, where every beings are just a pawn in an endless cycle of rising and falling tides of war, death and rebirth.But which one fate will try to concoct?Does it matter at all, if free will is an illusion?

Then she looked on the dying man.He was the chance she never thought she’ll have.His stream of his fate has arrived at its end.His path ended in death, it always ended in death.But even though she can’t create life, she can breath into the remaining embers.To challenge fate, for another throw, a better throw.To deny the tyrannous paths of destiny.She can be free, they all could be free.

It was a dangerous gambit, The wraith knew.She was about to create a future unforseen before, but it was the only chance of her.For all.And so she reached out through the Force, she took the planet of dantooine in her spectral grasp and squeezed it.Squeezed every bit of life from it and poured it into this one vessel.

“Rise my child.”She thought.”Rise from the ashes with power beyond your imagination.The Sword of Judgement, My Angel of Release, My Bringer of Storm.Rise and set us free."

"Set us free!”

Ewok Poet likes this.
  2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    This was really interesting! Quite a lot of imagery that is beautiful even though it speaks of devastation and darkness.

This was a part I particularly enjoyed. It really makes you think.

Is this a multi-part story, or is this the end? I could certainly see it going either way.
    Thank you for sharing it with us!

And just a quick mod note, I marked the prefix of the story as Before the Saga, but I wasn't quite sure if that was correct. I know sometimes things don't fit into a specific category, but we really need all the stories with some Prefix. If Before doesn't fit the best, you should still be able to change it to whichever one you like. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

3. FlyingspiginaPurplejarr

FlyingspiginaPurplejarr Jedi Padawan

Oct 20, 2016

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed.As far as your question about story goes. I'm not decided yet, My original concept that it's a sort of "prequel" to my other story The Knights of Displacement, but I'm not sure if I'll continue it.Right now I'm working on a Non-SW original fiction of my own.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    You're getting better and better with each thing you write. This was amazing and I love how ambiguous it is, yet the atmosphere, the emotions, the pain of the dying man - it's all there and it feels so real.

The very ending is the other thing next to the one mavjade pointed out that particularly resonates with me:

Pure poetry. While I'm not sure if I get who the child is here, or if she's talking about just any child, any being in the Galaxy, it's pure poetry to me. [face_love]

Also, this might sound bizarre, but the period at the end of the title is a neat touch, too. It implies that things are over, full stop.