main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga EU after ROTJ

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by darthbarracuda, Dec 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    IMO, a lot of the EU after ROTJ is pretty weird. I'm like "really, the Emperor is reborn AGAIN?!?!" and "why didn't the Emperor just switch into his new body immediately?!" etc. I hated the Yuuhzan Vong war, thought it was completely stupid and silly.

I'll probably get thrown into the spice mines of Kessel for saying this, but in my opinion, most of the EU after ROTJ is really not that great.

Now, the EU before TPM, the stuff WAAAAAY back in time, like the Rakata, is kinda dumb too. There's no correlation with the movies whatsoever other than there's the Force, hyperspace, and laser-like swords.

What I'm trying to say is that I really wouldn't be too shaken up if Disney screwed up some of the post ROTJ EU stuff. I really wouldn't be completely shocked if that happened.

halibut edit: This forum is for the movies, not the EU :)

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    People have been saying that since not long after the Thrawn trilogy ended.

darthbarracuda likes this.
  3. Trask Ulgo

Trask Ulgo Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 8, 2012
    I agree the Thrawn trilogy is a masterpiece. After that, some works are good and others are...........interesting.

darthbarracuda likes this.
  4. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    One of my biggest problems is how long the characters live. I mean, Luke goes from being a moisture farmer on Tatooine under Imperial rule to the New Republic to the Yuuzhan Vong war to the GFFA...he's gotta be pretty old then! And how many governments come and go? Does it even make a difference in the end whether or not the New Republic survived or not? Post-ROTJ EU is the EU I know least about...cause it's so weird

5. Trask Ulgo

Trask Ulgo Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 8, 2012
    The republic thing is something that is constantly a problem throughout the history of Star Wars.Even in the Old Republic era, the Republic is constantly under attack, and normally the threat is winning for awhile. It is a reason why I kinda believe the Empire may have been a better government.

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The republic did manage nearly 1000 years before corruption really started to set in though.

The Empire, by contrast, was corrupt from the start- with Palpatine having made use of the corrupt to rise as far as he did.

7. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The fact that the Old Republic was the guardian of peace and justice in the galaxy for 24,000 years until it became ineffective and corrupt in it's last 1000 years, while it stood for a thousand generations (25,034 years) at all, but the New Republic according to the official post-Endor Expanded Universe survived not even one generation (24 years), because it started with corruption and cowardice there where the Old Republic stopped before the Clone Wars and that the Galactic Alliance existed for a good 100 years, while being even worse than the Old Republic in it's final days, is all is kinda... sad?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.