main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub EU Alien Diversity Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by gizkaspice, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    If you like world building, it would be beneficial for sure.

I think the issue is that they are depicted after the Sith from TOR game which are actually hybrids

[​IMG]

...which look like the ones in DOTJ and not really like the ancient Sith from Korriban---I think Sek'nos' grandparents are supposed to be that, but I agree with you that they still look too anthropomorphized instead of alien.

Cool--did not know they had so many depictions.

and.......

LOL gamorrean belly dancer? best random question ever :p

maybe this guy?

[​IMG] from a video game for kids but not sure if a belly dancer.

2. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Gamorrean ballet might utilize things like jingling medallions and belly gyrations, who knows.

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    The newest X-wing book Mercy Kill features a written account of it, I have no idea if there are actual images of it yet though.

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I know about female gamorrean belly dancers, what I want to know is if we have seen any male once?

Looks more like ballet to me
    I like the idea of gamorrean having a strong tradition of dancing and different kind of dances

5. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Piggy did it all oiled up, and he did it with only the bottom fur piece on. Much to the delight of the female Gamorians in the crowd ;)

gizkaspice likes this.
  6. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    what other amusing things like this exist

(btw now I should read that book :p)

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Really? If so I got the wrong impression from the wook'.

Also
    [​IMG]

8. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Some people like modern art, I would guess Clak'dor residents could feel the same way about music since they perceive sounds better than human's do color. So, a Gamorrian's singing would be like an abstract flowing picture to them.

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Have we seen any non-human culture that have something like sumo wrestling?

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    When Jiliac and Durga fight in Rebel Dawn, it's a bit like that - but that may be more a function of their being Hutts, than a sport.

Mitth_Fisto and Gamiel like this.
  11. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    so now that EU is legends/whatever and we don't know much about most SW aliens and their cultures, anyone have their own thoughts they'd like to share?

12. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012

I am pretty sure that most EU alien species will be used in the new continuity, along with brand new aliens. So unlike the EU stories and maybe characters, I think that the alien species established before are safe. It's only a matter of time when and which will appear again.

13. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    well, that is certainly a possibility but what i meant was like, what are your own thoughts regarding aliens/cultures/etc we don't know much about or how could they be more interesting? suppose that goes into the creative thought territory if that makes more sense.

14. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I approve. :p

15. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Mitth_Fisto has approved--we may now begin ;)

i've wondered why nobody in SW ever came across a rakatan cookbook--like, wouldn't something like that be lying around somewhere? there's got to be a recipe for selkath sushi or something.....and vegetables are important so you could add Neti.....[face_thinking]

16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Have you ever wondered why you never see anything beyond a fire pit to possibly be a Rakata kitchen? I mean seriously, we have dissection and vivisection by no kitchen? Unless they prefer their food raw. . .in which case fire pit would be the easy cleaning solution.

Another thing we never see much of is a good case of "Hero found book 'A' thinking plans 'B'. . .book 'A' is a local guide on fungus hunting identification." :p

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I want to see more of Cathar and I want to know how it has changed since TotJ-era
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Gamiel: Cathar also appeared in the KOTOR comic series.

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    How dose it look?

20. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Gamiel
    Cathar appears in:
    -) Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 15: Days of Fear, Part 3
    -) Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 42: Masks
    Judge for yourself:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Not that much change, what I can see. I like the humans read suit.
    Do you have any images that show more of the world/architecture?

Now this I dislike; those jetpacks are to small and advanced for me. If they had to have the mandolorians using jetpacks, which I think they should not have, they should have made them bigger and clumsier.

To much KotOR-tOR-era technology is to similar to movie-era for my taste, that they also have a design that make them look like they belong to the near movie-era don't help.[face_sigh]

General Immodet likes this.
  22. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Gamiel: I don't have any more pictures. The human in red suit is the future Darth Malak.
    You are absolutely right about the technology. Recently, Shadow Trooper and I were complaining about the same thing.

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Anywhere I can get on such a discussion? Because it seems that nearly every time I look up something that have to do with KotOR-tOR-era I want to have a long and hard talk with their art department and editors.
    Just minutes ago I looked up manolorian dungeon ships and they more-or-less reused the DE design for the KotOR-comic. Have those people never heard about aesthetic and technological development!:mad:

24. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Gamiel
    You are absolutely right about that.
    Shadow Trooper and I were talking about it in the Battle of the Droids thread.
    IG-88 vs HK-47
    I voted for IG-88 since I thought technology should have evolved over about 3000 years.

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.