EU Author Discussion Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Boba_Fett_123, Sep 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Who's your favorite EU author? Talk all about him/her here! Which author writes "so-and-so" the best? Which author created the best character? Debate all these questions and more.

The first topic is:

Which author writes Luke Skywalker the best? Which author writes him so badly it's hilarious?

Debate Away!
  2. Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 5
    Hmm... I think that Luke's EU characterization was closest to the movie-characterization in Courtship of Priness Leia. At least, we didn't have too much self-doubt on his part in that book. :)

I don't like the way Zahn writes Luke for obvious reasons.

Aunecah
  3. Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Lol. Yeah, Zahn made Luke all "detectivey", which isn't like Luke. The worst characterization of Luke (or any character) is on the hands of Vonda McIntyre, in her terribly awful book, The Crystal Star.
    It was awful! Worst book I've ever read.
  4. Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 5
    I didn't like Crystal Star all that much, either, but I wouldn't exactly say it is awful. I didn't Planet of Twilight, either. I don't like many of the beginning NJO books because of the poor writing style and poor characterization.

Authors need to be subjective sometimes - they tend to get too objective most of the time. How interesting is it to read five pages of description and dialogue in which characters just keep dumping info onto one another?

Aunecah
  5. Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    By the way, Aunecah, as the lucky first poster, you get to be my Senatorial Aide! I'm not entirely sure you have to do anything, I'll check now. If you don't want to do it, tell me; I don't want to force you.

EDIT: Yeah, not too many Bantam authors really favored one character or another. Now that DelRey cut the sci-fi author crap, and hired some really great fantasy authors, things are really looking up.
  6. Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 5
    Ah ... Senatorial Aide? I would consider it :) I just want to know what kind of work I'm expected to do. (I know you said I probably don't have to do anything, but I just want some, erm, official confirmation - for the lack of better words.)

I like being a Senatorial Aide. ;)

Aunecah
  7. Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Aunecah,

Your job is to vote in my place if I can't be there. I tell you when that is. OK?
  8. Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 5
    Ah.... I guess. Would it be possible to resign if I want sometime later? Not that I'm planning on doing it, but I just want to make sure.

Aunecah
  9. Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Of course you could. Like I said, I'm not forcing you.
  10. Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 5
    Okay then. Let's just hope there are going to be more people coming in here than only the two of us. 8-}

Aunecah
  11. Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    It'll be tough, but I'm going to try to attract attention from the more popular threads, like the EUDF and the EUE.
  12. Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I have to disagree about CoPL. I thought that Luke was OOC in that book. Some parts were really weird. I did like the first Zahn books - the thrawn trilogy - characterization of Luke I mean - because Luke acted wise.
  13. Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    That's why we don't like Zahn's characterization of Luke. We're tired of the typical stoic Jedi Master.
  14. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.