main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON EU Books -- Who collects them?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rabellaka, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I've just bought 4 EU books, so I'm curious who else reads them, which ones they have, and what their favourites are.

I now have... 4 of the movie books, with one double, 3 Galaxy of Fear books, 2 "Journal" books (childrens books based on Episode 1), 10 Young Jedi Knights books, 3 Tales of books, and by my count (since I'm not home), 48 novels. That makes 70 books that I can think of.

My favourites are the Timothy Zhan books, Heir the the Empire, Dark Force Rising and The Last Command, Spector of the Past, Vision of the Future, and one of my newest aquisitions, Outbound Flight.

2. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I have a variety of books. I have the thrawn trilogy by Zahn, Dark Nest trilogy, the books of the legacy series, shadows of the empire, Jedi vs Sith, entire tales of the jedi series, the boba fett books, revenge of the sith, jedi academy trilogy, Jedi knight trilogy, and many many more. In total I must have over 150 books.

I'm a chronicler what you expect.

3. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I stopped buying the books after the first few New Jedi Order books came out. Partly because I couldn't afford to buy them anymore, and partly because I didn't like where the series was going. Now I'm trying to catch up, which may take a while.

4. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    yeah i didn't like it myself either but thats what a library card is for. never have to buy books that I can't afford.

5. Lord_Robert

Lord_Robert Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2005
    I read a few but I mostly bought the kids books for my daughters when they were young.

6. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I have a children's book... The Adventures of Teebo. I found that one at the Salvation Army store one year.

7. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    did you know that the wall-mart web site has about 150 books? That's even read alongs audios.

8. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I've borrowed a few of those from the library. Most of them are abridged though. Cool sound effects!

9. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    yeah i really like borrowing from the library first if i can. That way I can decide if it's something I would definitly keep on hand or not.

10. DARTH_MAYDER

DARTH_MAYDER Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2007
    The expanded Universe novels are the whole reason for my Star Wars obsession!I started by reading the Thrawn Trilogy,which of course was awesome.also in the New Republic era the Jedi Academy Trilogy and I,Jedi were pretty good,oh! and the hand of Thrawn duology were also good!but the alot of others from that era were pretty hard to read due to the fact that alot of topics were off limits to the authors like the clone wars etc.and episode 1 had not come out yet when most of those book were published!in my collection I have about 75 novels(and counting!)40 of which I also have the audio versions for including the entire New Jedi Order series!all of the Last of the Jedi Scholastic series(7 books so far)which I highly recommend!all the Movie picture books and a few of the visual dictionarys and essential guides.as far as my favorites go...from the prequel era,Darth Maul;Shadow Hunter and Outbound Flight are must reads.if you loved episode 3,Labyrinth of Evil,revenge of.. and the rise of Darth Vader will not disappoint. I really loved the Han Solo trilogy as far as older books go.but its the newer ones that keep me going,like the Dark nest trilogy and the new Legacy of the force series(I cant wait until June for book 5 to be released)I could go on all day about these books,its all I read pretty much,Star Wars is a way of life!May the Force be with you all!

11. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Hey, welcome to the boards DARTH_MAYDER. I loved the Shadow Hunter too.

12. Darth_Sniklefritz

Darth_Sniklefritz Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2006
    Hello Darth Mayder. Welcome to the London Fanforce.

13. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I was at City Lights today, and I picked up a few books. One was Episode I, with Obi Wan and Qui Gon on the cover. There was another one with Darth Maul, but I couldn't afford both. I also got three books in one volume, old books that Wikipedia says are not cannon, one of which is The Glove of Darth Vader or something like that (I don't have it with me at the moment). The third book I got was ANH, choose your own adventure. That was a fun hour or so to go through all the scenarios.

14. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    I just got all 5 of the 1993 'Tales of the Jedi' comics by Dark Horse.

15. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    oh, I read those a few years ago, someone from work let me borrow them. Different, I'm not used to that format of storytelling.

16. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    which tales of the jedi? There are a total of 7 volumes: Golden age of the sith, Fall of the Sith Empire, Knights of the old Republic(commonly known as Tales of the Jedi), The Freedon Nadd uprising, Dark Lords of the Sith, The Sith War and Redemption. Plus they started to be released in 1994 not 93. I have the entire collection of Tales of the Jedi.

17. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Ok, On the Cover it says "Star Wars" "Tales of the Jedi".
    The date printed is 1993.

Young one, remember Dark Horse started making star wars comics in 1991. It maybe before your time, even if that is tomorrow.

18. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    yeah but I had mine a hell alot longer then you. Plus the series is one of my greatest resources for the rise of Exar Kun, the invasion of the Sith Empire, Ulic Qel Dromas fall and exile.

19. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    So how come you did not know of this series then. I think it was like in the first dozen that Dark horse made of SW.

And don't say that you did because you had to ask what series it was when I said it was tales of the jedi. Also you didn't even get the date right.

Your all smoke and no fire.

20. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    Rob there were 7 tales of the jedi titles and by the way i was reading your message i thought you had 5 of the titles. Tales of the jedi was unofficial subtitled as Knights of the Old republic because of the release of the other series. Tales of the Jedi is the first of the entire series but since they had no real intention at first to make the other 6 they had just left it with the title with no subtitle. It wasn't until after the release of the KOTOR series that it was unofficially subtitled with Knights of the Old Republic.

21. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Where is your brain?
    When Star Wars came out it was called 'Star Wars" and still is to none fans because they do not under stand. For example of the first 3 movies You have 'Star Wars', 'The Empire Strikes Back' and 'Return of the Jedi' and that is how it was titled even whe it was released for the second time. You assume to much. When I say 'Tales of the Jedi' I mean 'Tales of the Jedi' not 'Tales of the Jedi-Kights of the Old Republic'. You may think 'Tales of the Jedi' was an unofficial title to Kights of the Old Republic. In fact Knights of the Old Republic was a spin off of Tales of the Jedi. They use both titles to keep their previous readers instead of starting all over building a new fan base. If you disagree look it up, Dark horse keeps those records public.

Hear is a history leason for you. Dark Horse comic started making Star Wars comics in 1991 and hears how it went:

Star Wars: Empire 1991
    Classic Star Wars 1992
    Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi 1993
    Star Wars: Droids 1994
    The they started with the added on name that you know.
    Classic Star Wars: A New Hope 1994
    Classic Star Wars: Deadly Pursuit 1994
    Classic Star Wars: The Early Adventures 1994
    Classic Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 1994
    Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi-Knights of the Old Republic 1994
    Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi-The Freedon Nadd Uprising 1994

22. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    okay well then you and I must have the original prints when they were first released. I double checked my issues and they too have 1993 as the print date. So they must have re released the series when they did the additional titles.

23. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    There were many spin offs but yes that is the original. You should check the Dark Horse site because it has everything listed.

24. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    what spin offs? You mean the other titles like Dark Lords of the Sith, Redemption, etc

25. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    No, I'm talking about 'Tales of the Jedi-Kights of the Old Republic'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.