main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EU Books you didn't particularly like.

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by jedi_john_33, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueMara

RogueMara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2005
    I don't know why, but I just couldn't make it through Bakura

2. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Ya know I love the Star Wars books but I never got into the X-Wing series. Just not my thing I guess. I'm more into the politics and Jedi part of Star Wars

3. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    anybody wanna buy what i have of the NJO? :p I believe even Star Wars has its limit for what goes on :p

4. mandy_djo

mandy_djo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    I did not like Planet of Twilight at all, it felt like a waste of time to read; however I didn't mind Crystal Star that much, but I can see why so many don't like it.

I'm stuck on the NJO now too, with Dark Tide 1: Onslaught.

5. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I didn't like TCS that much, but not becuase it was badly written or had bad characters. I didn't like because it didn't fell like Star Wars. It felt alot more like a Star Trek novel, than a SW novel. It just felt out of place.

6. NenYim

NenYim Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    There were only a few I disliked. Crystal Star was just strange. The parts with the kids were cute, but in some places they were too advanced for their age, in others, they were too young. It wasn't written like a SW novel as well. And the Black Fleet Crisis was, in my opinion, awful. Completely out of character, and really strange storyline, for Luke and Lando, anyway.

The only NJO books I disliked were the first few after Vector Prime, where Han is running around the galaxy.

7. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Crystal Star
    Black Fleet
    NJO except for the Enemy Lines Duology (Love my Rogues)

And for me, it's not that the NJO is dark that makes me dislike it. I've never seen such horrible characterization...and then characters return and disappear.
    Plus, they killed Anakin because Jacen was too important... :rolleyes:

8. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Can someone explain this to me? Why is it that no likes BFC? I thought it was really good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.