main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EU Character Bios

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by millenium_dove, Jul 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. millenium_dove

millenium_dove Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    I'm starting a "Beyond the Saga" fanfiction, and I need a little help with the EU characters, such as Mara, or any of the children. Specifically, I need to know when they came into the story, a few details about them, and a bit about their personality. Please help me!!

~dove

2. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Which characters are you talking about? There are hundreds.

If there are any characters you know of specifically, the Completely Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia is a great resource to check their backgrounds and timelines.

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Mara came in during the Thrawn trilogy by Tim Zahn, which is where Jaina and Jacen were born. I think Anakin was born in the comics. Mara's a kick-butt tough girl, and her marriage to luke doesn;t settle her down. Jaina takes after her in a way, though she also has her father's piloting skills and her mother's habit of falling for someone you wouldn't have fit her with. She can also be one of those people who refuses to rest, and she has trouble controlling her emotions. Jacen in inrotspective and likes to delve into the meaning of the Force and other philosophy. He can take pain very well. Anakin is a natural leader, and he disagrees with Jacen about the Force. Like Jaina, he's a good pilot with a Corellian temper. Like his namesake, he prefers to fight rather than negociate.

4. millenium_dove

Jul 11, 2005
    So Jacen and Jaina are Han and Leia's kids?

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Yes, and so is Anakin. The twins were born 5 years after ROTJ and Anakin is a year and a half younger than they are.

If you haven't read any EU books, I would read the Tim Zahn trilogy, because it indroduces Mara.

6. millenium_dove

Jul 11, 2005
    *enlightenment strikes* [face_idea] Aha! I get it now, thank you so much! *runs off to type story*

7. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Don't read Zahn for the EU, ignore Brant, he's a fanboy. :p

Read the NJO if you really want to get a feeling for the Solo kids and others. It may be long, but it's worth it. Then go back and read Zahn. I say that because Zahn isn't the best author to jump into the EU with.

8. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Neither's the NJO, imo.

It takes the kids really far away from how they were in the YJK, which kept the growth apparent in Crystal Star and the Corellian Trilogy and made it good.

The NJO just went off and did someting else entirely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.