main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EU characters to be imported but have their names changed, obliterating the original EU versions?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    What do you make of these claims / rumors:

http://empireoffett.com/2014/01/30/...vii-with-a-new-name/?relatedposts_exclude=263

I really really do not like the sound of it if true. Why would they even do this? Lift EU characters, but change their names, and take them on adventures that pretty much stomps the original out of canonicity. It seems a completely pig-headed, bloody-minded, utter douchebag thing to do.

2. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I applaud your ability to muster up the energy to care anymore, Valk.
    The EU died November, 2012.

3. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    This is the second time I've seen people taking this rumor at face value and getting upset over it.

4. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Just accept the fact that in Star Wars, always in motion is the future. And the past too. Lol.

5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I thought it was common knowledge that LucasArts never recognised anything Post-RoTJ and only the movies were considered by GL.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  6. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Correction; October 30, 2012. :p

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It does seem kind of stupid. Just create new characters instead of lifting old ones.

From my end I'll just continue putting what I like into my personal canon and ignoring what I don't like. Darth Maul didn't survive bisection by being pissed off, Adi Gallia wasn't head-butted and Barriss Offee never bombed the Temple.

8. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    I think this is the "dumb rumor" Pablo Hidalgo referred to. It's a boiled-down version of some very cursory statement about drawing inspiration from existing content.

Because the ultimate argument for throwing out the EU is that the new writers shouldn't be bolted down to it, and taking this rumor at face value would mean they're still completely bolted down to it in every way that matters.

Vthuil likes this.
  9. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    I hope this is just somebody trolling EU fans and not true.

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

10. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I think we really won't know till 7 comes out. Yet, I don't blame people for being concerned/upset. I don't like the sound of either major thing the Mouse Empire is likely to do regarding the EU.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    If I had a dollar for every baseless rumor that eventually came true... well let's just say I'd be in dire financial straits.

Contessa, Vthuil and Circular Logic like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.