Discussions EU characters you really dislike

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Team Padme, Sep 8, 2012.

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Team Padme Force Ghost

star 4
    Who are some EU characters you really dislike?

I couldn't stand Lady Galney from Tempest. Ugh.

Em Teedee from YJK also really annoys me.
  2. imiller Force Ghost

star 3
    Well...I think for me it's really a case of characters I dislike when they are written in a certain way. Mara Jade and Wedge Antilles are some of my favorite characters in all of literature - but when they are written badly (see also: Mara as written by Denning, Wedge as written by Keyes) they are almost worse than characters who annoy me in principle because they are supposed to be so much more.

Similarly, characters who I don't really like can be written extremely well by other authors - such as Zsinj by Allston after the very silly Wolverton Zsinj.
  3. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    I thought for second there that Wolverton had been revealed to be Zsinj's first name.
    Ordo N-11 likes this.
  4. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Jag Fel....Captain Cardboard.....dont know why, just never liked him.

Oh and Callista.....argh!
    Last edited by Adalia-Durron, Sep 9, 2012
    Falcon and zarkinfrood like this.
  5. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    lol. see, i always kinda liked callista and hated what they did to her. but it was cool that they brought her back.

jagged... well, we can kind of agree on that. although he's gotten a bit better in the more recent stuff. to a degree. i like watching him deal with the moffs to an extent.
  6. zark Force Ghost

star 4
    From least irritating to most: Jagged Fel, Kenth Hamner, Jaina Solo, Darth Caedus, Borsk Fe'yla, and Nataasi Daala. And @Adalia-Durron, Captain Cardboard is a perfect description.
  7. lukemaraben Jedi Master

star 1
    Jacen Solo, Daala, Akanah, Allana Solo are the major ones, and Callista during Darksaber.
  8. SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Jaina. Her whole 'don't get too close to me' persona in NJO drove me nuts. If you continue to drive people away, eventually people will stop trying. She didn't even try to console one of her best friends in 'Dark Journey'. Tenel Ka's mother dies, the love of her life has been taken prisoner, she's forced to assume the role that she never wanted, and Jaina does nothing to help except wallow in her own misery.

Her and Zekk become Joiners, encouraging the Killiks (and the Dark Nest) to continue to antagonize the Chiss, and do they get punished? No. Tahiri, Tesar, and Lowbacca get sent to Dagobah, but Jaina and Zekk are left alone. Jaina got a free pass with everything. If I were Jag, I'd have dumped her like a bad habit.

LFL missed the boat, Jaina turning dark would have been much easier to write; she was already a self-absorbed punk.
    zarkinfrood likes this.
  9. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    I've never liked Jacen Solo. Since he was a child he has always bothered me.
  10. LexiLupin Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I can't stand Ben Skywalker. He got better towards the end of LotF and then his character was just terrible in FotJ. Stupid jokes and love-struck giddy? Please.

Otherwise though, most characters I dislike are characters the reader is generally supposed to dislike- such as Daala or Fey'lya.
    Adalia-Durron likes this.
  11. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
  12. SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Wow. I don't think that I've seen ANYONE say that. **Nervously looks around** I don't really like him , either.
    Last edited by SiouxFan, Sep 11, 2012
  13. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
  14. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    The Sith Emperor from TOR (Lord 'something that starts with a V'). SUCH A MARY SUE SITH!!

I mean, beating Revan and Malak without even trying? Stripping a planet of life WITHOUT the special thing that made Nihlus capable of it?

*bangs head into wall*
    Last edited by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 11, 2012
    darth fluffy and purplerain like this.
  15. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    That would be Lord Vitiate.
  16. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah, him. Really *ahem* strongly dislike that guy.
  17. Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost

star 5
    Maybe an unpopular opinion, but Tahiri always annoyed me. I'm sure if someone wrote some good meta on her I could be convinced otherwise, but the way she is in the books just completely rubs me the wrong way. There are others that I dislike, but I'd have to look at some character lists or something because Tahiri's the only one who comes to mind.
  18. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    the sad thing about tahiri is that she was done pretty realistically.
  19. Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost

star 5
    I'll admit I haven't read her in a while and I was kind of predisposed to dislike her in the later books - I started out disliking her in JJK. Maybe I'll do a reread, I am open to different opinions.
  20. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    I'm with you, Jacen yes, but Anakin??
  21. zark Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, I kinda love anakin myself. He's a snarky luke. I like it personally.
    Loto68, lukemaraben and s65horsey like this.
  22. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    And he died a hero! Unlike his brother!!!
    Loto68 likes this.
  23. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    I think I need to make @Sinrebirth my mortal enemy now for saying he doesn't like Anakin Solo. LI is already on that list and so is SF.
    Falcon, zarkinfrood and Adalia-Durron like this.
  24. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Finally, someone else sees my point of view regarding Sinrebirth!!!
    s65horsey likes this.
  25. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    I have no mortal enemies. I'm too nice for that.O:)

On-Topic: DE Palpy annoys me...yes, not technically an EU character, but he might as well be with the absurd power levels. I swear, it was like reading some cheap fanboys view of how Palpy should be...
    DarthRelaxus likes this.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth