main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions EU characters you really dislike

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Allana_Rey, Sep 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Aphrodite

Darth Aphrodite Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Severus Snape what's wrong with that :) that mans voice I happen to find sexy hehehe

But wookies are so cute not like gungans now that's a terrible CGI mistake :)

I thought the whole idea of the teenage strike mission was just plain silly, allways thought Luke must of been smoking death sticks when he signed off on the idea. You don't send hormonal kids to do the work of Jedi Masters.

OutsiderJediSam likes this.
  2. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Jacen killed the Voxyn queen, Anakin also was a lot more stereotypical-loads of potential, all the ladies are into him, action hero.

Characters I dislike-TCW Maul-an utter abomination, Mother Talzin-oh no I hate that. Kylo Ren-Pale imitation, bad villain amongst other complaints.

AusStig, kalzeth, DurararaFTW and 2 others like this.
  3. Darth Aphrodite

Jun 17, 2015
    I'm shallow hehehe so I happen to love strapping stereotypical-loads of potential, ladies man, action hero types but in my defence it would be like telling guys not to drool over Kate Upton (I envy her figure). Personally the plethora of emo heros has bored me since Edward the sparkly vampire first sparkled his way onto the big screen.

Don't think I've seen anything as emo as Kylo Ren, but then I'm a old trilogy Darth Vader fan girl :)

DurararaFTW likes this.
  4. Frodo_harry

Frodo_harry Jedi Master

Jan 27, 2008

Thank you, I share your opinion about Corran Horn. I was just afraid if I said something against the EU's golden boy, I would get killed on the spot, especially since my knowledge of the Expanded Universe is still well expanding :cool: I haven't even gotten to New Jedi Order yet, I'm still reading Young Jedi Knights. Honestly I hated I Jedi, I quit the book, because I just could not deal with Corran's giant ego. I know the Jedi Academy Trilogy is not the best written series, but Horn in I Jedi comes of like a Fix Fic with an overpowered Gary Stu. I liked the X Wing Series, mainly because it showed the interaction between the team and showed Horn as a flawed character, proud and prone to recklessness and cutting himself off from others and learning to work as a team.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  5. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Corran Horn can't even use telekinesis-a basic power used by both Jedi and Sith as a result of a his Halycon heritage. So he has other powers to compensate.

I really can't stand Rey-I know this isn't the bash the ST forum but she was absolutely painful to watch in TFA. All the Rogue One characters-Erso and her sycophants-I was cheering at the end for Vader to wipe them all out. They were all so dislikable.

6. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    You didn't like any Rogue One characters? I hate TFA and most of NuCanon, but c'mon, what's wrong with Rogue One? Not one of the characters were enjoyable? Your opinion, I guess.

OutsiderJediSam likes this.
  7. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Erso was a pain-her own rebellion just to rebel thing was so grating and cliche. The other rebels made me root for the empire whenever they were on-screen.

Vader at the end was awesome-I'll give it that.

kalzeth likes this.
  8. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Did you like Krennic?

9. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    He was okay I guess...I did like it that he stood up for himself.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    There are those of us in the Literature forum who share your opinion of Corran Horn and I, Jedi; myself being one of them. You have little to fear there in regard to expressing your opinions.

Too bad you weren't around when the Legendary 181st Imperial Discussion Group (a sort of book club, I suppose) took on I, Jedi. Opinions varied, and much amusement was had. Now the 181st discussion group is all but extinct...

Still, consider it an invitation to the Literature forum.

Frodo_harry likes this.
  11. The Ganner

The Ganner Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2015
    Kaye Galifridian from Invasion UGH.

12. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Viqi Shesh

kalzeth and PCCViking like this.
  13. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Saba Sebatyne. I just couldn't imagine Leia doing Jedi training with an annoying overconfident reptile.

DurararaFTW and DARTH_MU like this.
  14. Darth Aphrodite

Jun 17, 2015
    I wish I knew where Jacen's official grave was.....then I'd go dance on it

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  15. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Saba came out of nowhere.

I read a line somewhere that by the time Luke started his academy, Saba had already trained a dozen Jedi Knights? The hell?
    If Saba was so qualified to train Jedi, then where was she during the Rebellion? Yoda was wrong? There was a Barabel Jedi Master all along?

16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    To be exact - Saba was trained by one of the early graduates of Luke's academy - Eelysa - who first appeared as a student in The New Rebellion:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eelysa

When Luke first meets Saba in NJO, she has already trained several knights - though later, a WOTC game article said Luke knew about Saba early - having disapproved of Eelysa's decision to start training her, thinking Barabels in general don't really have the temperament for Jedihood.

17. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I wasn't a fan of how Jaina acted in Destiny's Way. Her attitude was one of both self pity and arrogance.

One time during her POV she remembers how a Neimodian pilot approached her on a lunch break and had the gall to wish to dicuss something other than the day's lessons or what he could do to improve as a pilot. I was like that is a bad attitude to have as an instructor war or not.

The way she closed herself off from her family and Jacen in particular wasn't healthy in the slightest either.

18. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    In Jaina's case was it really realistic? Would a child soldier actually behave like she did in a war? Or is it just Star Wars?

19. Darth Aphrodite

Jun 17, 2015
    I'm going to give Jaina a big hug after I push Jacen down the stairs hehehe

20. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    I'm going to give Jaya a big hug after I push NJO Jaina into the airlock. Then I give Darth Aphrodite the activate airlock button.

SiouxFan likes this.
  21. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I never much cared for the witches of dathomir. I get they are a foundational part of EU worldbuilding and they have an interesting legends backstory but I never liked the clone wars emphasis on them or their ties with Maul.

22. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    I rather liked the Witches...they and the Hapans are an interesting counter-point to other male-dominated societies. In the hands of talented writers, both societies would be an interesting read. Sadly, we were let down. 'Courtship' would have been better, I think, with just ONE female-dominated society as the background instead of two -- a different book was needed to explore the other.

I liked that the Clone Wars at least TRIED to tie-in some of the EU; whereas it seems the new films are simply re-naming things we've already read. Why change the name of the designer of the Death Star? Why 'rename' the literature Imperial remnant as the First Order?

Which leads me to my EU dislike: lack of political background. After all this time, we've never learned what the Senate actually DOES. Is it like the UN? Or more like the US Senate? How are members selected? Are they appointed? Popular vote? All of these books, and still no explanation about who is responsible for what from a political standpoint. I get it, SW isn't a policy story...but Stover proved that you can take a 'non-SW' story...philosophy, in his case...and turn it into a good SW story.

23. For me is Cade Skywalker I never understood that character and I never liked him to be a Skywalker
    He is more worse than Kylo Ren

IneptAphid likes this.
  24. Frodo_harry

Frodo_harry Jedi Master

Jan 27, 2008
    I support pushing them both out the airlock
    I support pushing them both out of the airlock, two sides of the same coin if you ask me.

IneptAphid likes this.
  25. IneptAphid

IneptAphid Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2017
    I was never a fan of Danni Quee. Her character never seemed to go anywhere-just ambled along in the background occasionally helping out Cilghal.

Also..Darth Vectivus from "Betrayal"..The Sith bureaucrat? That was just silly.

kalzeth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.