main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions EU characters you really dislike

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Allana_Rey, Sep 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Sticking strictly to Lgeends: the ones who worked my last nerve were Borsk Fey'lya & Nom Anor :rolleyes: Didn't have much use for Vergere either :eek:

OutsiderJediSam likes this.
  2. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    them's fightin words

3. Miriedis

Miriedis Jedi Master star 3

May 23, 2015
    I can send you 50 links to metas explaining my position, if you'd like
    (I'm not trying to be nasty or confrontational--I sincerely despise Kal, and I know people who have written up extensive, well-researched posts about why he's despicable, and I'd be happy to show you more examples)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  4. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    Nah that’s fine only joking around

5. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I have to say I never cared for Ahsoka or mother Talzin. And I was always meh about Ventress.

AusStig likes this.
  6. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Trill the Force Hound
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Trill_(Force_Hound)

I wasn't a fan of Trill, the Force Hound, from the the Dawn of the Jedi series. The art design for this character used an unnatural white skin tone devoid of all normal flesh tones. Then the artist decided to add some red war paint lines on her nose area. More humanly colors would have suited her better.

She could have been portrayed as being brainwashed by the Rakata during her upbringing as a slave. As a result of her brainwashing, she could have been confused between right and wrong. Instead, I got the impression she was inherently evil like the Rakata.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  7. SithOverlord101

SithOverlord101 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2018
    Obvious Answer: Waru

Real Answer: I never cared for Antares Draco.

8. adalmentia

adalmentia Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2020
    Anakin Solo
    Post YJK!Jaina
    Ben Skywalker
    Post NJO!Luke
    Post NJO!Han
    Post NJO!Leia
    Ta'a Chume
    Starkiller

AusStig and Anedon like this.
  9. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Barabels.
    Saba. Most of the Post-NJO Jedi in fact.

Gar Stazi

K'Kruhk

Most of these I get. But can I ask what you don't like about Anakin and Ben?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  10. adalmentia

Nov 12, 2020
    It's not so much that I hate them, but I find them quite bland
    And I had the impression (personal opinion) that Denning destroyed Jacen's development to favor Ben, which didn't help me

By the way, I'll join you on Saba
    I just found out what happened with Hamner (I still haven't read FotJ, that's why) and it pissed me off

11. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Ok. I get that view. I think he was going to do that anyway, even without Ben. Given how LotF ended. I really like Alston Ben (and Ben x Vestara). I re-entered star wars with legacy so I liked Ben as a view point Character.

Oh yes and it gets worse when she runs the jedi and overthrows the GA government.

12. adalmentia

Nov 12, 2020
    Ugh
    I did well not to read FotJ (I only flipped through the books for the mentions of Jacen (and a few days ago I went to see Hamner's Wookieepedia page and it pissed me off, he deserved much better))
    Truth be told, Invincible has permanently suppressed me any desire to read, or re-read, any novel chronologically following the New Jedi Order

13. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    We have thread if you are interested in discussing it.

But I will say Invincible depressed me, but the end of FotJ made me give up on Star Wars books.

I have re-read them once and that was enough.

14. SithOverlord101

SithOverlord101 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2018
    I forgot about my disdain for Galen Marek [both TFU 1 and TFU 2] and Anakin Skywalker (whiny little prick in both Legends and Canon).

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  15. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Ysanne Isard, oddly. Mostly because I found her not quite on par in practice with the threat level she was supposed to pose. I kind of consider her the spy boss equivalent of Daala, who I don’t like either, but whom I kind of got used to being disappointing.

16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Would you be irked if she were brought back and maybe re-invented in Canon? Same design but upgrade in the writing and character traits?

SithOverlord101 likes this.
  17. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Oh I’d be delighted at that, actually! I think, like Daala, she’s quite capable of being reinterpreted and done well.

Her biggest problem, like Daala’s, was that she was a recurring but constantly losing antagonist.

I often think she’d be a great villain if, say, they had her be the person behind ensuring that Palpatine’s desired leak of information about the Second Death Star contained only what he wanted and was sufficiently hard to gain by the Bothans.

Jid123Sheeve likes this.
  18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I'll be curious to see with the Rogue Squadron movie getting announced if they'll wanna try and make a re-introduction of the character or create a new one but in the spirit of Ysard

Will have to wait and see, but I agree I think she is ripe for a re-interpretation.

19. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    I agree she is ripe for a re-interpretation

20. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    Here's an unpopular opinion... I don't like Revan or Starkiller. Actually, I do like them as characters. But I don't like the pedestal that some fans have put them on and I'm tired of people demanding to see these characters in the current Canon. But I honestly don't really want to see them, because they're stories have already been told. And I want new stories with new characters. Something different. That's why I love The Mandalorian so much, since while it does have familiar characters the focus is on new characters like Din and Grogu. Also, if they do bring Revan or Starkiller into Canon I just know that fans will complain about Legends doing it better. And while The Force Unleashed is a fun game that I love playing, I always felt like it belonged in its own universe because of some plot holes and how overpowered Starkiller is. And it's fine that Starkiller is overpowered in the game, because that's the point. But I'm glad that he's not responsible for the Rebel Alliance or humiliating Vader in the current Canon. I feel that the reason Starkiller is so popular is because of the player experience and I think the same reason applies to Revan. I don't hate either character, but I do think they're kinda overrated. Darth Talon is also overrated, since I feel that the only reason she is so popular is because of the fanservice she provides and personality-wise she's like Darth Maul in Episode I which isn't very interesting.

21. Cade Skywalker i would have preferred Antares Draco to be the protagonist

22. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Most of the Legacy characters were losers...Ostrander made them all moody and mean.

23. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Will say I never liked Ben Skywalker. He just so utterly boring kinda just Luke 2.0 with his mothers haircolour and snark. Worst thing tough was his constantly having the moral highground, while being a massive hypocrite, like basically telling his mom to murder Jacen over something he overheard, while at the same time having no problems with romancing a full blown Sith girl.

Also never been a fan of Ganner Rhysode, tough less of the guy himself but more on how his sacrifice was played as "the most amazing and noble thing to have ever happened in the GFFA".

adalmentia likes this.
  24. pellaeon01

pellaeon01 Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 12, 2021
    Borsk Fey'lya for sure, which I think is more of a testament to how well he was written by Zahn than anything else.

Iron_lord likes this.
  25. JediAvatar

JediAvatar Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 11, 2020
    Blasphemy.

Bernael Edit: Thread locked by moderator due to inactivity. Should you desire the thread reactivated please contact Sinrebirth, darthbernael, or Bardan_Jusik.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.