main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions EU Characters you really Like

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Mara Jade Skywalker and Mirta Gev.

Revanfan1 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  2. Rogue Five

Rogue Five Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 11, 2014
    So many... Kyle Katarn, Mara, HK-47, Janson, Scorch, Revan, and M1-4X probably top my list, with favorite going to Katarn. And Waru of course. Can't forget Waru!

Revanfan1 and Sinrebirth like this.
  3. ekrolo2

ekrolo2 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 17, 2014
    I'd say Rahm Kota from the Force Unleashed games is one of my favorites, his way of thinking really sets him apart from the other Jedi in the fact he wanted the Old Order to take a more pro-active role in galactic affairs to prevent catastrophes from happening and the fact he was one of the few Jedi who actually had a military background from before the Clone Wars given the fact he grew up on a war torn planet where he fought every day since he was a child.

Its just a shame more material hasn't been made to cover his time during the Clone Wars and his backstory, which will never be expanded upon now that Disney has scrapped the whole EU.

4. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Revan, Kreia, Vergere, HK-47, Freedon Nadd, Cronal, Arkadia Calimondra... I have a soft spot for Sith Lords/darksiders who aren't cardboard caricatures attempting to conquer the galaxy with their mega evulz.

5. Wannabe Scholar

Wannabe Scholar Jedi Knight

Mar 21, 2014
    Old Republic era:
    All the Jedi and Sith characters from Tales of the Jedi comics, HK-47, Revan, the Jedi Exile, Canderous Ordo/Mandalore the Preserver, Lord Hoth, and Darth Bane.
    From Pre-CW to Empire era:
    A'Sharad Hett (Before he went to the Dark Side), Jaster Mereel, and Plo Koon.
    New Republic era:
    All of Luke's first Jedi students (Tionne, Kam Solusar, Kyp, Corran, Streen, etc.), Mara Jade, Kyle Katarn, and Jaden Korr.

6. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Corran Horn, Mara Jade, Jaina Solo, Rogue and Wraith Squadron, Wedge Antilles, Thrawn, Pellaeon, Jax and Lorn Pavan, I-5YQ, Den Dhur, Darsha Assant, Talon Karrde, Harrar, Proxy, Gariel Captison and Mission Vao.

Abadacus likes this.
  7. Kaejaris

Kaejaris Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2014
    In no particular order: Kyle Katarn, Mara Jade, Jacen Solo, Vergere, Xizor, Nom Anor, Tavion Axmis, Sariss, Borsk Fey'lya, Dev Sibwarra and Firwirrung. And although not entirely EU characters; 4-LOM, Zuckuss, Feltipern Trevagg and M'iiyoom Onith would get my mention too as they were all elaborated upon in short stories.

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    I find that I like the people that others resent as Mary Sues. Corran Horn. Mara Jade. Quinlan Vos. And yes, Thrawn, especially in his original trilogy, he's still my favorite villain in the entire EU.

Tenel Ka. She was my favorite of the YJK four, between her background and the fact that she was such a badass. I'd have really loved to see books focusing on her after she became queen of Hapes. How she dealt with the part of her heritage she liked least basically taking over her life - both in terms of how she copes/reacts to it on the inside, and whether she tries to clean up the Hapan court and inch it towards something more in line with her own Jedi values (which I can't imagine she wouldn't).

Vua Rapuung, the dude who really made the Yuuzhan Vong a fully fleshed culture, without diminishing them as enemies. Anakin Solo, who had his glory days in that same duology.

Lara Notsil/Kirney Slayne/wev and Myn Donos, easily the best couple of the EU. Allston tried pretty hard in the Wraith Squadron trilogy to make sure that "ragtag bunch of misfits" wasn't just a catchphrase and to show people with real, sometimes major problems working their way through them, but Myn and Kirney are easily the most extreme variation of that... and yet, they still came through to a happy ending. I like the fact that they got out of the business (mostly) and settled down, too.

Abadacus, Revanfan1 and Iron_lord like this.
  9. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    Ben Skywalker
    Jaden Korr
    Jaina Solo
    Anakin Solo -he was my favorite of the 'new Jedi' and I was very upset when he died. So much would have been different in the EU had Anakin's character been kept alive...

Nom Anor
    Thrawn was brilliant

more so I'm a bigger fan of Mark Thompson for being such a Great reader, I own all my novels in audio book as well and Mark Thompson is the best audible reader I've listen to!

Grievousdude likes this.
  10. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    My favorite EU characters in no order

Darth Bane
    Darth Nihilius
    Thrawn
    Captain Pellaeon
    Kir Kanos
    Talon Karrde
    Darth Malgus
    Montross
    Jaster Mereel
    Darth Krayt
    Ania Solo
    Naga Sadow
    Exar Kun
    Saba Sebatyne
    A'Yark
    Anileen
    Zayne Carrick
    There might be more but these are the ones i could think of right now.

Grievousdude likes this.
  11. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I now also really like all the KOTOR party members, Den Dhur, Tolk le Trene and Jos Vondar.

12. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    Jacen used to be my favorite character, but then he turned evil and died. I also really liked Pellaeon, and he's dead too. Mara Jade--also dead.

Others on my list--Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, Wedge Antilles, Corran Horan (and Mirax), and Tenel Ka.

For top favorite, I'd have to say Jag. He's clever enough to pass himself off as a Jedi, if he wanted to.

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Starkiller, Satele Shan, Darth Malgus, Revan and Rahm Kota are my favourites.

14. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Thrawn, Talon Karrde and Quinlan Vos. Nuff said.

I tend not to like SW female characters so much but I did enjoy the cat burglar twins in Timothy Zahn's "Scoundrels" (I think they're called Tavia and Bink). Honourable mention to Juno Eclipse. And I really, really liked Daliah Blue in the Legacy comics. Now that's a woman with a capital W.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.