main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EU Clean-up! Everyone do their share!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthRotten, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    Once Episode III has been released and the EU is done being used to promote the movies and toys, I think LUCASBOOKS should make it a priority to tie up some of the loose ends in the EU. When I refer to loose ends, I refer to events that are too important to only be referred to in other books and comics, but actually deserve to be told in detail in their own books. Imagine if Lucas had chosen NOT to make the prequels (Prequel bashers... this is not the place... take it outside please)
    Here are the loose ends that I see and their sources:
    -How did Isard capture Baron Fel and how did Thrawn convince him to serve the Empire of the Hand? (X-Wing/HOT)
    -How did Isard capture Tycho Celchu and how did he escape from Lusankya? (X-wing)
    -How did Freedon Nadd learn the ways of the Sith? (TOTJ)
    -The story of how Jorge Car'das and his crew were taken hostage by a dark Jedi and how Car'das was rescued by Yoda on Dagobah (TTT/HOT)
    -What was Nom Anor doing in the GFFA between CEII and NJO:VP?
    -The story of Luke Skywalker's last mission as a New Republic General against Lord Shadowspawn. (EC)
    -The story of Daala's return to plague the NR (EC)
    -The story of Pellaeon vs. Ackbar in the last days before the Empire sued for peace. (EC)
    -Whatever happened to Kir Kanos? He doesn't seem the type to sit out of the action.(CEII)
    -Whatever happened to Callista Ming? She doesn't seem the type to sit out of the action either. (POT)
    -How did the New Republic finally deprive the Empire of it's supply of Stormtroopers from Kamino? We know that by the time of DFR, Luke is surprised to see the Empire using clones. Assuming EIII doesn't answer this.(AOTC)
    -Whatever happened to the Naberrie family? Assuming EIII doesn't answer this.(AOTC)
    -Whatever happened to Jar Jar Binks? Assuming EIII doesn't answer this too. (AOTC)
    -Will Luke and Leia ever learn who their mother REALLY was? (TG/BFC)
    Whatever happened to all the Marvel characters? Danni, Rik Duel, Chihdo, Plif, Bey, Fenn Shyssa, Den Siva, Knife, and most importantly LUMIYA? If Star Wars: Empire continues into the post-ROTJ period, these would make good stories. (Marvel)
    -Who are these Jedi living out in the UR? (NJO:FH)
    -How/why did Dooku join the Sith and become Darth Tyranus? (AOTC)
    Those are the questions I'd like to see answered. Not all of them deserve their own books. However, the new "in-continuity" Star Wars tales might be a good place for some of them. Any other loose ends anyone wants resolved? How would you like to see some of these resolved?

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Was Vader's order of 'No Disintigrations!' to Boba Fett prompted by Fett's reputation or a specific incident? (ESB)

3. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Um, they're more concerned with working on the Clone Wars and stuff like that right now, not with all of that stuff. I think that it's better to leave some unknown things here and there.

4. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    - How Tycho came to join the Rebellion (it's more complicated than it seems, as anyone who's read Missions # 18, and played Rebel Strike knows)
    - A series that figures out the various contradictory stories regarding Vader following A New Hope.
    - The story of the Shuttle Tyderium (fixing the various contradictory stories of how it was captured by Rebel forces)
    - Mosep / Jabba the Hut (I know the official fix, but if one is to read the Star Wars timeline as a narrative, its sort of break in credibility for this gap to not be filled by anything).

5. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Why write books on little details like that?
    We know what happens. it does not matter.

There will be plenty of new books set between E3 and ANH

There will be plenty of post-NJO books

There will be plenty of books between TPM and AOTC.

So there could be some real good books there, why worry about little, pointless details.

EU is just getting started!

-Seldon

6. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Another lose end to be tied up:

Jacen is still alive.

7. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    How about a book describing Greedo's motivation for shooting first? (ANH) ;)

8. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
  9. dead_morrison66

dead_morrison66 Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2004
    Little nitpicking details don't bother me, I don't need to see why Dooku chose a brown cape over, say, a red one, but I do want to see the Marvel stuff return in a future storyline.

10. DarthRotten

Aug 24, 2003
    I'm not talking about why Dooku chose whatever color cape he wears... I'm talking about why he chose to leave the Jedi and join the Sith. I can't believe I'm the only one that wants a Darth Tyranus novel. Darth Maul got one and he was only in one movie and hardly talked.

11. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    You're not the only one. I want a Darth Tyrannus novel too.

12. Balrog_Paradox

Balrog_Paradox Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2003
    Where the hell did all the superweapons come from!? (Jedi Academy Trilogy)

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The Luke vs Shadowspawn thing would probably make an interesting cartoon series...the name kinda fits the medium.

14. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    -How did the New Republic finally deprive the Empire of it's supply of Stormtroopers from Kamino? We know that by the time of DFR, Luke is surprised to see the Empire using clones. Assuming EIII doesn't answer this.(AOTC)

Maybe the NR didn't need to. We know that it takes over ten years for Kamino to create a million clones. There are 28 years between AOTC, when we see the vanguard of the Clone Army, and Dark Force Rising. That would be about 3 million clones from Kamino who could potentially be around at this time. With ten million inhabited worlds in the galaxy, that is less than one Kaminoan stormtrooper for every three worlds. Chances are that Luke has never run into a Kaminoan clone in all of his years of fighting the Empire.

-Whatever happened to the Naberrie family? Assuming EIII doesn't answer this.(AOTC)

Wasn't this already answered? In a comic or short story maybe?

-Will Luke and Leia ever learn who their mother REALLY was? (TG/BFC)

As of TUF, Leia sure seems to know quite a bit about her mother and her mother's homeworld. I doubt that she would hide that information from Luke.

15. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    What was the real reason the EotH sat out most of the Vong war?

How did Boba recuirt and train all those Mandalorian Commandos in TUF?

I think one of the Nabierries became an Imperial senator around the OT timeframe. Funny how she didn't recognize Leia.

16. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Ackbar vs. Pellaeon!!!!

God I want that story...... :(

--Adm. Nick

17. recurit03

recurit03 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2003
    They just need to take care of all the people in EU Limbo.

18. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Um, they're more concerned with working on the Clone Wars and stuff like that right now, not with all of that stuff. I think that it's better to leave some unknown things here and there.

Did you read the post? He said AFTER Episode III.

19. 7-7-7

Dec 15, 2002
    What was the real reason the EotH sat out most of the Vong war?

Darth Rotten has a very interesting theory about this. IIRC, in summarize it, the EotH didn't stay out of the Vong war, or at least not for long. The EotH was destroyed or decimated sometime after Red Sky, Blue Flame, and before Dark Journey. The remaining Hand people went and joined the Chiss, who were becoming more open to foreigners every day. The EotH simply didn't exist at the time of the Vong invasion to pose any real threat, and the Chiss heirarchy who now oversaw the remnants of the EotH didn't want to begin a war with a much more powerful foe, especially without provocation.

20. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Destroyed or decimated by what?

Another possibility is that the Imperial Remnant or maybe one of the Deep Core factions took them into their fold (hopefully not the latter)

21. 7-7-7

Dec 15, 2002
    As of the Vong invasion, there are no deep core factions. The region of space is all but uninhabited, with the exception of the few races who were native to the region (the Abyssin, the people of the Koornacht Cluster, the Khomm...)

22. Ezekial

Ezekial Jedi Master star 3

May 24, 2002
    simple. they won't. this stuff is pulp fiction.

23. DarthRotten

Aug 24, 2003
    7-7-7: Thanks for the props about my EOTH theory. Basically, it's this: In SQ there are 9 ruling Chiss families, but in NJO:FH, there are only 4 IIRC. I think that the Chiss somehow learned that Vong were coming (it is hinted at in SQ that the Vaagari may be in league with them) and the Chiss ruling families couldn't agree on a course of action, so 5 of the families picked up and left for the Chiss stronghold in the Redoubt. Meanwhile, the remaining 4 families restructured their soceity so that each family oversaw the aspect that their family was most accomplished in. House Nuruodo (Thrawn's family) was placed in charge of the military and invited General Soontir Fel (Thrawn's chosen heir in their eyes) to come act as Syndic (military leader). Fel, seeing that while the Chiss had the resources to fight a war, they didn't have the experience, accepted and moved his family to Csilla. Admiral Parck continued to lead the EOTH until it was destroyed by the Vong early in the war (remember how easily the Vong could take out an SD until the NR learned how to counter their biotech)and it's survivors were taken in by the Chiss and the Imperial Remnant. Jag Fel never served the EOTH. He was young enough that he entered the Chiss Military Academy instead. Anyway, that is the long version of my theory. This would make a good book too and it would give Zahn a chance to write a NJO era book without having to use any of those bothersome Lucas-created characters that so bore him (note sarcasm).

Also, I know that Leia seems to know about their mother in TUF, however, I had always assumed she and Luke knew all about her (it was we readers that didn't know) until BFC told us otherwise. Considering that this was such an important plot point to BFC, it should really be addressed. Also, this novel would be a great excuse to have the OT heroes visit Naboo, which I've always wanted to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.