main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions EU Clone Wars?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Supreme Leader Snoke, Feb 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supreme Leader Snoke

Supreme Leader Snoke Jedi Knight

Jan 11, 2016
    Not sure where I could post this but here it goes.

What was the "EU" Clone Wars prior to the release of the prequels? (If there if was one)

2. ekrolo2

ekrolo2 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 17, 2014
    I'm 99.9% sure there wasn't one. You had stuff like Thrawn & I Jedi reference the Clone Wars but that era didn't really get explored until the Prequels hit at which point (up until Disney) it became the most cluttered era of the EU bar none.

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The ANH-TESB era did over time get close to that level of clutter, with Marvel SW, the Classic Star Wars comics, many novels and computer games, and so forth.

ekrolo2 likes this.
  4. ekrolo2

ekrolo2 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 17, 2014

True, but when the new 08 Clone Wars animated series came out, releasing its own series of books, comics and video games created a mess of a timeline what with that particular time period already being thoroughly explored with the original Clone Wars multimedia project. Sure there was the T-canon thing for a while but that time period was a real mess until Disney just wiped most of it away and just kept the TV show.

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Yup. The Essential Atlas did try to fix some of the mess - but it was working from only the first two TCW seasons.

Which is not to say that it wasn't fun to read most of those stories - but toward the end I was thinking that we were running out of days to fit everything into.

6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I'm going to move this over to the EUC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.