EU Defense Force - Home Base

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ganner, Oct 20, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entil`Zha Jedi Master

star 4
    neimodian: wanna start a preventer squad with me? We could recruit more people also!
  2. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    On the proposed "Expansionistic Defense" tactics:

-Beware the dark side...Quick to join you in a fight, but once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice.

-Is the dark side stronger?

-No. Easier. Quicker, more seductive.

-But Master Yoda, tell me why I-

-NO! There is no why! You will know when you are calm...at peace...mmmm...good...no more will I teach you today.
  3. Bubba Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Bubba, Gold 9, signing in!
  4. Art_Core Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  5. JediLord Force Ghost

star 4
  6. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    All has been quiet on the Deep Core front. Those hard-core movie people have been silent for a while now.
  7. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I would also caution EUDF members on making clandestine target runs. I would at least wait until we've gotten back up to the old "EU Squadron" thread. The EUDF is new, people - give it a chance. I would say some debriefing would be in order by members who have taken part in the recent skirmishes of the last few days.
  8. Jagged_Fel Jedi Knight

star 2
    Black 11 signing in. Every time I go to sleep it's quiet and when I wake up there have been several skirmishes. Oh well.

Commodore, if I have to ask again, do we have a salute?

It's pretty quiet out there. Too quiet...

<Black 11 out>
  9. Art_Core Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Soon, maybe we should have a application process, where new member need to get say 1/3 of the EUDF to sponsor them, then those that get the sigs, go through an interview via private message and then the highest ranking members vote to decide if they get in, if bot they could be kept on a waiting list as a backup incase some memeber aren't going to be on fro a few days.
  10. Dev Sibwarra Jedi Master

star 4
    I like the idea of a lightsaber salute. Was that first mentioned in EU, or was their some hidden use in the movies.
  11. JediLord Force Ghost

star 4
    we should also think about determining rank by knowledge of the EU. Have a quiz or something. thoughts?
  12. Art_Core Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The quiz could be the pre-meember signup, before the sponsors.
  13. Dev Sibwarra Jedi Master

star 4
    The Xizor thread is erupting again.
  14. Jagged_Fel Jedi Knight

star 2
    So would current members have to take this examination? Would there be additional ones for rank?
  15. Thanos6 Jedi Master

star 4
  16. Art_Core Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    the quiz would be only for new memebers, but old members could take it if they just wanted to. But i think rank should still be determined by the number of stars.
  17. JediLord Force Ghost

star 4
    quiz should be a wya to increase rank,maybe.

all units get to the xizor thread!!!
  18. Art_Core Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Heading to Xizor thread now.
  19. Entil`Zha Jedi Master

star 4
    EZ gold 8 signing in and going to the Xizor thread if you need support
  20. Dev Sibwarra Jedi Master

star 4
    It looks like the Xizor thread is temporarily under control. I would reccommend that we don't insult anyone too much... if you do, they may keep arguing out of pride.
  21. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I agree, Dev. If only our ceasation of arguing could make them stop as well.

Im out for a while.

Black Knight out.
  22. Donaldson Force Ghost

star 4
    I take it that all the spots have been taken, if they havent, sign me up!
  23. Thanos6 Jedi Master

star 4
    Pick your number and nickname for Gold Flight.
  24. Art_Core Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    And wait for, i think Ganner or the one in charge of Gold FLight, to update the roster later tonight. You are one of the last few who might possibly be let in before we start having a screening procees, if some of the higher ups let us have our new way.
  25. Entil`Zha Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome to Gold Flight Donaldson, I am Lieutenant Entil`Zha "EZ" for short... EZ because it's shorter for my nick and because my preys are all EZ!! mwhahahah ok, evil laugh out... I think the spot of Gold 11 or 12 is free, once again, welcome aboard

And yes, we have silenced the Xizor thread.. I hope... please read my comment on page 5

"A movie is good when you see it on screen, but the story behind the movie is better when it is explained, what happened to create this action or this war, it's like WWII, you can't just say: A war happened in '39 and ended in '45, there are events that preceded the war, this is what is important, the facts behind the action, think about it, Star Wars is really good, it's even better with a few details behind them, ok, some stuff is far-fetched, but that's just for the sci-fi part, it shows the imagination behind the SW universe and
    what caused the action. "

I think this is what the EU is about in a way...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.