main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark EU Discussion Thread: Love it? Hate it? Find it disturbing? All things EU to be found here.

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    And to kick off the new EU discussion thread (I think there used to be one but, I'm afraid it got locked...)

An updated from Dark Horse concerning the new comic series "Vector"

Dark Horse press release:

From the Editor

RANDY STRADLEY, EDITOR
    VECTOR, VECTOR, VECTOR!!!
    Updated 10/23/2007

Look up the word "vector" in your dictionary. Go on, dig out your dictionary and find "vector"--I'll wait. (Tum-de-dum-dum. . . ) Okay, got it? Notice that it has three definitions.

1. A mathematical term for "a quantity completely specified by a magnitude and a direction." (Think "there's something big and it's coming right for us!")

2. "An organism that carries pathogens from one host to another." (Like fleas, mosquitoes, or werewolves that spread diseases through their bites, Typhoid Mary, that sort of thing.)

3. "A force or influence." (Just like what it sounds like. And what could be more appropriate, when talking about Star Wars, than a Force?)

Interestingly enough, all three of those definitions are applicable to the events and/or characters in "Vector," our big Star Wars crossover that starts in January.

Our story starts in Knights of the Old Republic #25. Three-thousand nine-hundred sixty-three years before the Battle of Yavin, the Mandalorians have overrun the planet Taris and driven its surviving populace into the Undercity deep below ground. Among the survivors are Padawan-turned-fugitive Zayne Carrick and his opportunistic partner Gryph. While Zayne and Gryph have mostly survival on their minds, the Mandalorians are searching for something in the ruins of the Undercity--something long lost and long forgotten. When the Mandalorians find it, Zayne and Gryph find themselves caught up in an adventure that will last for the next forty-one centuries! Fortunately for you, it will only take us one year to tell the tale-one issue per month.

As mentioned, the event begins in Knights of the Old Republic #25, this coming January. The KOTOR segment runs until issue #28, then jumps to Dark Times #11-12, then to Rebellion #15-16, and finally to Legacy #29-32 at the end of 2008. Along the way, everyone from the high and the mighty to the lowly and the wretched will find their lives affected by the events "Vector." Lives will be changed. Some characters will be inspired to heroism they didn't know they capable, others will have their faith in themselves shaken and their wills broken. Some will succumb, some will fall fighting valiantly but in vain, and others will survive . . . and even thrive. In the best tradition of all of the best Star Wars stories, "Vector" features not only a huge galaxy-wide threat (like in A New Hope or Return of the Jedi), but also intensely personal stakes for the characters involved (like in The Empire Strikes Back and Revenge of the Sith)

Now that we have it underway, and almost ready to unveil, we can reveal that writers John Ostrander and John Jackson Miller spent the better part of a year working out the plot for "Vector"--with help from Legacy artist and co-plotter Jan Duursema, and writers Rob Williams (Rebellion) and Mick Harrison (Dark Times). Even fellow editor Jeremy Barlow, assistant editor Dave Marshall, and myself had our hands in the story. "Vector" is a big project for us, and a big event for Star Wars comics, and it couldn't have come about without the synergism between all of those involved and the great foundation of High Adventure set down by the Star Wars films.

Hmm, "synergism." Maybe while you have your dictionary handy you'll want to look up that word, too . . .

2. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Surely somebody else besides me reads the EU???

The first Legacy trade paperback is out... if anyone is interested...

and there's a sequel to the Darth Bane book coming soon.

And then there's the whole new books... which are on the book thread but, I thought I'd start up a new EU thread anyways...

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yep you know I do (and not juz because of Vos ;) though he had a lot to do with my start down the EU road [face_mischief])

Legacy comics have been extremely good. I also enjoyed the Republic ones (those prior to and leading up to Ep III)

Can't wait for the Bane sequel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.