main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN EU Discussion Thread v. 2 - LOTF, KotOR, Dark Times, Rebellion, Legacy and more! (Spoilers!!!)

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi Trace, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    [face_laugh] Let's keep thinking of them in terms of Japanese book covers, shall we?

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    The Death Star blew up....

.....all over their faces!

Man, those two look like crap.

3. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I forgot to mention: that pic was taken when Rebel Legion's Echo Base made them honorary members...complete with member profiles and accounts. Anyone dare me to send a PM to Luke Skywalker? :* [:D]

[face_laugh]

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Like he even knows who Rebel Legion is. If he's not getting a check from them, Mark doesn't care.

5. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    They aren't that bad!!!! She how well you look after years of voice work and modeling!!!

John

6. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Dude....they ain't Luke and Mara, that's for sure. [face_laugh]

Did I say that out loud? Noooooo, it can't be!

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    They should be kissing up to whoever does the Japanese covers! (Or maybe those two are already bribing the artist.)

Man, they look like they've both been riding underneath the tauntaun. Like they fell out of the ugly tree on Kashyyk and hit every single branch on the way down.

Luke and Mara they ain't. He once was, and she never was. Someone get Mark a good plastic surgeon or make-up artist. Someone call Uma Thurman and hand her a lightsaber hilt.

8. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Remind me not to get famous AND get older around you guys!

9. DarthToddy

Jan 22, 2004
    I know this isn't really EU...well yeah it is, but not in the book form!!! I've been playing SW K.O.T.O.R on my computer...yes it's a role playing game, but man this game is better than NJO book line...ok I may be exagerating a tad, but it's pretty close.

I know I have revealed the secret of the game to LIN, Tim (<not the leader one)and Kevin, but I refuse to reveal it to anyone else. I will tell you this...remember the greatest line of all the SW movies..."I am your father". There is a point in this game where there is a revelation even better than that!!! Going to finish this weekend...maybe I'll talk about it next get together, but I do recommend...if you have a computer that can run this game...(**waves his hand**)GO BUY THE GAME AND PLAY IT!!!

John

10. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    There's a new Japanese Cover up. The characters look really nice. (Read Trace: yummy) BUT, Leia and Mara look nineteen!!! [face_laugh]

Good art though!

http://theforce.net/books/bookcovers/jpn/images/unifyingforce2.jpg

high res

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    That's probably one of the crappiest Japanese covers I've seen, but it's still 2000 percent better than any of the American covers.

They all look about 20 years younger than they should, but Leia and Mara look nearly as young as Jaina does. This is the first cover I've seen where they didn't nail Luke's and Leia's likenessnes.

12. DarthToddy

Jan 22, 2004
    Started "Cestus Deception" this week. Checked it out at the local library!!! Finished the first 5 chapters...pretty good from the start so far. Go Kit!!

John

13. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I tried reading it, but mostly skimmed it. If anyone wants to borrow it to read, let me know.

14. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
  15. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    =D=

And I liked your comments, too. ;)

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Is this where we come to chime in with a big-ol' redneck "Hell, Yeah!", Rhonda? Love what you said.

And Stover is a literary god. We should build a temple to all of the EU deities.

17. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    A sad note:

Some oldbies may remember that Kathy Tyers, aka Shmi52, was a frequent poster in the Lit forum back when she was writing Balance Point. Sadly, her husband has passed away. There is a thread to post condolences here.

18. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    The latest Clone Wars novel is out:

[image=http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2003/12/img/20031216_bg.jpg]

<I see Barriss ditched the cloak and skirt real quick....don't blame her. ;) >

I haven't started it yet, but there are a couple of discussion thread over in the Lit forum.

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Dang. Barriss got back!

Amazing how they never draw anyone looking flabby on any of these covers. Never a single Jedi, Sith, pilot, or admiral with a gut.

Lemme see, everyone in the SW Expanded Universe has a perfect, toned butt and six-pack abs....

The answer is so obvious! The entire SW galaxy falls under the control of Richard Simmons!

20. DarthToddy

Jan 22, 2004
    I finished "Cestus Deception" Tuesday night...on a scale of 1-10 ....10 being the best I'll rate it a 6. It was cool to see Obi-Wan and Kit work together that was the best part. Obi-Wan is not as much as a wimp as he was portrayed in AOTC!!! Anakin's line of "He's as wise as Master Yoda and as powerful as Master Windu" fit Obi-Wan in this book very well. I just wasn't impressed with the rest of the new aliens and the back story of the planet they were on. Asajj Ventress was also in the book, but she didn't do a whole lot, but she did face off against Kit and Obi-Wan in the epic lightsaber battle of every starwars movie near the end!!!

I'm starting the new Bariss book today sometime today. Hopefully it's much better!!!

John

21. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Obi-Wan is not as much as a wimp as he was portrayed in AOTC!!!

Obi-Wan wasn't portrayed as a wimp in AOTC, IMO. Just erm,...efiminate. (is that a word?)

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I would say he was just more of a friggin' nag that anyone I've ever seen.

Professional nags would look at him in that movie and say, "Damn. He's a NAG!"

23. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Professional nags would look at him in that movie and say, "Damn. He's a NAG!"

He is in the books too. [face_laugh] Poor Obi, he just can't get a break. He's a good Jedi, but I bet the the other younglings made fun of him. :-B

24. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Especially because he looked GAY!

25. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Get your cameras ready folks....I'm gonna buy me a comic book. ;)

As posted in the Mara Jade fan club thread:
    I don't know how many of you read the Dark Horse comics, but Randy Stradley (DHC Editor and boss-man)has said that there will be a Mara Jade issue, probably issue 28 of the Empire series.

Empire currently is up to 6 months after A New Hope so this story will definitely be set before Empire Strikes Back.

Hope the Mara fans here take a look, as we have asked for this for a while on DHC boards.
    Randy's post is about halfway down -
    http://www.darkhorse.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5338&start=60

[face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.