main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EU in Episode III

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Snoogle, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snoogle

Snoogle Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    I'm new here, this is my first post. I've searched around a bit and haven't found the answer to the question I have. If it's been covered I apologize. There were rumblings of an EU character in III months ago and debate on whether or not they would make it into the movie or not. I fell out of the loop on the news so watched closely during the movie looking for a character I recognized but didn't find one. Could someone please tell me if I missed it or if the scene was cut and who the character was. Again, sorry if this has been covered before.

2. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I believe this rumor reffered to seeng Qunilan Vos. It was true it seems, except his scene was cut out in editing. He was supposed to be in the Order 66 scene I believe.

3. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    At least he was mentioned, and hey maybe he survived since they cut it out of the movie.

4. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    where was he mentioned?

5. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    In the beginning Obi-Wan mentioned Master Vos or General Vos.

6. EmperorSorridom

EmperorSorridom Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 2, 2005
    He says "Saleucami has fallen, and General Vos has moved his troops to Boz Pity," IIRC.

7. Corran-Horn

Corran-Horn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2004
    Only other EU character in Episode III that I know about is Whie from Yoda: Dark Rendevous. I believe he's the kid that slices those several Clone troopers in front of Bail Organa outside the Jedi Temple, but is then shot dead.

~Corran

8. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Oh, that kid is Zett Jucassa, Lucas' son. I think Whie is in the hologram security recordings that Obi-Wan looks at.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    In theory, Whie's actually a character that's officially named in the script that EU decided to pick up. Either way, though, it's an EU reference.

There's also mention of "Cato Nemoidia" in the movie, which harkens to LoE.

10. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    So Whie was one of the kids slain by Vader? Interesting. I didn't even realize he was going to be "in" the movie.

I think the closest we're going to get to this EU character is a wookie, probably Salporin. All they have to do is say "This Wookie here is Salporin" and there is the EU character.

11. LordJoda-181

LordJoda-181 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2004
    Commander Cody and General Greivious are semi-EU characters, in the fact that LoE was Published before RoTS was Released, but were created for the films first, along with Whie.

12. EmperorSorridom

EmperorSorridom Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 2, 2005
    Cato Neimoidia was not only mentioned, but seen. That's where Plo Koon was shot down.

13. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    just to let you know Whie is killed by Anakin and his vision came true.

who's Plo Koon? did u like labryinth of evil?

14. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    Okay, I have one major question: Does Artoo still have his memory intact after all those years? And if so, why doesn't he ever mention anything to anyone? You think it might have come up when Luke and Leia were searching for their mother, for instance. And did he know Yoda? He surely would have recognized the name when Luke was going to Dagobah in ESB (remember he was all anxious and didn't like Yoda? Well maybe he thought Luke would become a Jedi and die, like Anakin). I suppose you could argue that Artoo didn't know Luke and Leia were Anakin's children in the OT, or even that Anakin had become Vader, but he definately would have put two and two together at some point. Should we expect this to be covered at some point in future EU literature?

15. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    Well, Artoo didn't know that Anakin was Vader. Never was he present when Skywalker was referred to as Vader, so he most likely didn't know. With Yoda, he could have figured that the creature met on Dagobah was the same species, but a different individual.

The theory that I think would fit best is that Artoo got his memory wiped along with Threepio. At the end of ROTS, Captain Atilles orders Threepio's memory to be wiped. As a precaution, he may have had Artoo's wiped, as well.

16. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    I don't know... It works for EU, but George has said that the saga is meant to be seen from the perspective of Artoo, and I don't think he would have made the line "Have the protocol droid's memory erased" unless he were specifically making a point that only Threepio's mind was wiped. Otherwise he'd have said "Have these droid's memory erased."

One theory I've heard is that Artoo was programmed to keep the information secret until someone uses a special code word or something to unlock it. (I think that's just based on speculation, though.)

17. BarissaOffee

BarissaOffee Jedi Youngling

Jul 15, 2002
    I have a question for you all! I'm currently in a guild and am taking my trials to become a Jedi Knight and one of my trial questions has me completely stumped. Who was Dooku's Jedi Master (hint! Not Master Yoda)? I've searched hi and low for the answer to this on the encyclopaedia and haven't found the answer.

Also, just to keep this legal, Luminara Unduli is on Kashyyyk and she's EU. An absolutely amazing EU, but she's there.

B

18. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Did Artoo actually meet Yoda ever?

19. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    Luminara Unduli was in Episode II.

20. zit5us

zit5us Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2005
    r2 does know everything. in ANH, when obi-wan says that he didnt have droids, he gives r2 a look, like he was telling artoo to stay quite.

21. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I think Dooku's master was Thame Cerulean (sp?)

22. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Actually there are indications in The Joiner King that something along those lines may have occured with Artoo immediately post-Ep.III. He projects recorded holograms of Anakin, Padme and Obi-wan engaging in private and very personal conversations on two occaisons. The first is Anakin telling Padme about his dream and the second is Obi-wan confronting Padme about Anakin. Whenever Luke tried to get Artoo to replay the images, Artoo kept playing dumb and kept trying to have the components on which these images are stored replaced.

23. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    What about Dex?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.