main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EU in JK?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Skywalker2B, May 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Going back to previous comments from Decipher about doing EU cards for the SW:CCG; they stated that they were harder to do because it would involve hiring actors and getting costumes made and then the whole photo shoot thing. Well, in JK that would be a mute point! So, does anyone know wether EU in JK is even a possibility? And would anyone here want to see it happen? I know I would.

Skywalker2B

2. 4Q2

4Q2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2001
    Whoa, slow down! We've only gotten through the Premiere set in JK so far. Let's get all the way through the original trilogy first, and see how it goes.

Personally, I'd rather see new versions of our favorite characters than new characters I don't care about very much.

3. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    I asked Tom that when I interviewed him as his response was basically "No comment". I think that there is a good chance that the EU will make its way to JK...but at the moment I tkink Big D is just looking to see if the game HAS a future first. The last game they did ::cough::Young Jedi::cough:: has yet to live up to its initial hype. Although I think that YJ will be getting better with the release of YJ Reflections and Boonta Eve.

BTW, that interview with Tom will be the focus piece in a special issue of the CCG newsletter coming out later today (hopefully) ;)

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Funny thing is for me- YJ appealed to me immediately, but apparently wasn't as well recieved as was hoped...and now JK, while not bad, hasn't really grabbed me that much, I dunno, maybe it's the CGI images, similar card appearances or something (or maybe it's just because I have yet to win a game against my friend, we've played maybe half a dozen games and I've only managed to win two planets-arg![face_batting] ). Still gonna play it for awhile and give it a chance to improve itself.

How has JK been receieved- my friend said the D-board for JK was sorta 50/50 on it- just curious. ::goes to look himself::

5. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    If you take a look at our poll you will see that basically 2/3 of the playing community liked it and 1/3 did not.

6. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Thanks Red84! I look forward to reading that interview as well as the whole issue!

I have decided that I am going to give up the SW:CCG in favor of the JK:TCG because I think I have a better chance at doing well at JK. Although I really like the cards for the CCG, it got to where if you didn't have multiple Jedi Luke's and Vader's you didn't stand a chance of winning and since I don't have either... But, I loved the fact that it had EU cards and really hope to see them again in JK. That's all. BTW, if anyone wants to buy some of my SW:CCG cards (I do have a lot of them!) email me. jedi_knight_88@hotmail.com

7. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Okay everyone, the special issue of the CCG newsletter is OUT! Check it out!

8. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    IDEA! DING!

Ok, to coinside with the release of Jedi Outcast, D should release a special edition Dark Forces set. Kind of like they did for Mara jade. Put Kyle in one pack, Bryar pistol in another, ect. Think about it, the Moldy Crow, Kyle's saber... Yum.

P.S. No Dark Side cards. We don;t want any stupid 7 dark jedi running around, that's just wrong.

9. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Well, even though this thread is referring to the Jedi Knights TCG ;) I think your idea is a good one. I'll pass it along to Big D and see what they think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.