main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EU In The Classroom

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Isbeth, Apr 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Q99213&Mr. Slush & Daughter_of_Yubyub : One of the kids had brought in a copy of the New Essential Guide To Characters with them and kind of explained it to the ones who were clueless.

Thanks Devi :) You made my day.

Guinastasia No alas, I didn't get pictures. You'd have thought the yearbook staff would have sent down a photgrapher or something. :confused: I am hoping maybe to get one on "Rebel Legion" , the not as popular rebel flip of the 501st.

Knight 1192: Probably, but yeah, it was kinda fun.

CorranHorn: Sure, probably pays better than here, anyway. Can I bring my planetarium?

obaona (Nice name, by-the-way) I am not sure "love" is the correct term here.

Inyriforge Yup, astronomy, 9-12. it is an upper level science elective.

DVader316 You are such a wet blanket! Lighten up, would you. It was clear & evident it was a gag.

2. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    My grade 12 physics teacher spent the entire day dressed up as Isaac Newton once . . . it was really funny, since she's so small and skinny, and she had this huge tape-on mustache! [face_laugh] And she pretended to be freaked out by the PA System. :p

Students love it when their teacher can have a bit of fun. ;)

3. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    I don't think I would be as funny as Isaac Newton. My astronomy instructors in college came in dressed as Grocho Marx and Abraham Lincoln for Halloween once. Not much of a challenge, since they looked like this in real life. They also did Pope Urban the II (I think) and Galileo and tried to recreate and old debate between them.

4. mrslush50

mrslush50 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    My physics teacher did that too. She even had a school id made with "I. Newton" in big bold letters.

5. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    She nearly fell over when the PA system came on and called some guy down to the office. Said something like, "I'd always thought that if God spoke to me, he'd say something much more profound . . ." [face_laugh]

We had a teacher come dressed as Macbeth once too, and that was interesting . . .

6. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    I must have had the most boring high school experience ever!

~Inyri

7. Innle_of_Obernewtyn

Innle_of_Obernewtyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 11, 2002
    I wish that my teachers would do something like that...why can't Walnut be filled with SW obsessives??? :_|

8. Nienna

Nienna Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2003
    LOL! The science teachers at my school are far too serious to do something like that... :-( I would have loved to see it tho! :-D

9. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Ah, duh! While I was washing dishes yesterday, it dawns on me. I can't join Rebel Legion as Isaard! I would have to go to the 501st. and that wouldn't be as cool because the stormtroopers would upstage you. They kinda frown on EU characters and you cannot blame them because they realize not everyone has read the books and they may be unfamiliar with the characters, however, I am sure that Thawn turns a few heads even if no body knows him. [face_laugh] I had a friend in our fan force dress as a Tusken Raider for the 501st. and he had to explain to people who he was and someone misunderstood him to be a "Tusken Sailor". [face_laugh] I guess if I were to join Rebel Legion it would have to be as Danni Quee, but then no one would know who I was. Sigh.

10. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    You haven't seen crazy until you've had an English teacher dress as Getrude from Hamlet and perform Margaret Atwood's "Dirty Gerty" monologue. :p

11. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I wish my teachers at school would do that!! They all think I'm weird because I am the only girl in my town that likes Star Wars!!! But I did see at another school for a band contest that the teacher had a life-size Yoda cardboard cutout! That made my day!

12. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Back at my college, one of our professors does a historical reenactment-she dresses up like Queen Victoria and does this whole monologue and question and answer thing. It's GREAT!

13. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    They all think I'm weird because I am the only girl in my town that likes Star Wars!!!

You may not be. I thought I was, until I met my adopted little sister. And recently one of the girls on the cast learned that she is in fact not alone. And we've converted two others. :p

14. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Most girls I know from my town aren't into
    Star Wars...nor do I think that I could convert any to our side anyway. I know females in other towns near by that like Star Wars that are from my Fanforce but not many are me that live close like it!

15. Canadian_Wookie

Canadian_Wookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2003
    Isbeth do you think you could switch schools and come teach my science class? :)

My teacher is the most boring science teacher ever. Actually I don't think any of my teachers would ever think of making their classes as fun as yours sounds.

16. WRAITH_LEADER

WRAITH_LEADER Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2002
    I went to a military High School and collage (They were actually the same one. they were attached. MMI ) So if that happened ,No one would have known what was going on any way. Like we had time to read.

17. Chewie18977

Chewie18977 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2003
    i wish my teachers were that cool

18. _Xanatos_

_Xanatos_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    Nice I get on top of tables in class yel "AAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL OOOOOFFFFFFFFFF YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU, then I announce the days till SW EpIII. When my teacher said we're reading LOTF, I pulled out a SW book instead. Then this idiot teacher mr.nussberger we call him mister dooshberger, he says he loves SW and is a Jedi Master, I challenged him to trivia in class and whooped his @$$, then he takes darthspino's lightsaber, but we take it back of course.

19. Lu_maia

Lu_maia Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2003
    WOW that is fantastic! None of my teachers at college would ever do anything like that. My Physics teachers look like Captain Scarlet and Jasper Carott however. We have the running joke that Captain Scarlet can only kill himself by electrecution anyway- so why he's teaching sixth form A-level Physics to a group who short circuit the lab or burn Plastic off wire at least once every practical lesson is quite beyond us.......

Oh and my Dad who is a teacher played a five-a-side football (soccer) in drag for Red nose day one and got this enormous gash on his leg cause he got caught up in his skirt and fell over! Mind you he's been all sorts for the Pantomime!

20. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Canadian Wookie, I would love
    to come to Canada to teach, but they don't have a planetarium in your school. :( _Xanatos_ if you did that in my classroom, I really would have you executed. :( Latest Isbeth SW Classroom Story: BTW today I told one of my students to go to the faculty mail room and get my mail. They replied that students aren't allowed to go in there to get teacher's mail. I told them to go anyway and if anyone tried to stop them, use a Jedi mind trick and say "But I am Isbeth's padawan and I am on a mission. Go away and leave me alone." They came bursting back into the classroom real excited saying, "It works, it works....."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.