main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EU in the SWCCG

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Red84, Apr 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    I'm curious: How far do you think Decipher should go when it comes to the Expanded Universe in the core CCG? Should it be mini-sets (i.e. the Lit set in R2)? or should it be full expansions (complete with its own rules and/or tourny formats when neccessary)?

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I wouldn't mind a full set of the X-wing series. Of course, that would mean making X-wings even more powerful. :)

3. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    I would like to see all the Rogues and all the Wraiths, but do we really need that many pilots? The "Errant Venture" Would be awfully nice though...

4. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    If Decipher were to ever do a full EU expansion, I have always hoped that it would be from the X-Wing series as well--plenty of good characters for both sides. Just the thought of having an Admiral Krennel, Warlord Zsinj (on his Iron Fist no doubt) or Ysanne Isard running around is enough to give me nightmares...Wraith characters would be very cool (gotta have Face) and of course I would love to have the Rogues :)

5. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    Hmm... Iron Fist, Lusakya and Isard on top of that. Methinks this would be a bit DS freindly.

6. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    I'm not so sure. You should know that a Power Pivot does wonders to a Super Star Destroyer. But even w/o the Pivot I think having even half of Rogue Squadron around would not be good for the DS especially with Squad Assignments letting me pull them at will.

7. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    Here's a challenge for Decipher..The Katana Fleet! with each ship named as well

8. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    LOL!

I actually made a dream card of the Katana Fleet way back when and I made it an Effect that had to be found. Needless to say, it got an A+ for creativity, but its gameplay doesn't work too well.

9. Jedikynes

Jedikynes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2001
    I've been on the wrong end of those power pivots for too long never again. I will destroy those x-wings for good now!

10. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    Bel Iblis' fleet.
    The Jedi Academy (new set of jedi tests)
    Exar Kun!
    The characters from the Han Solo trilogy. Bria, Young Han, young Lando, Lots of Hutts, etc.
    DROMA!!!

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    First of all, there's no question that Decipher should make more EU- afterall, SW:CCG is part of the EU, almost every non-main character's lore or name is either from or created to be considered a part of the EU.

A full EU set would be amazingly cool.
    Cards I'd love to see:
    -Imperial Sentinels (those huge door guards from Dark Empire)
    -AT-PT's
    -MT-AT's
    -Lady Luck (Good ol' Lando...)
    -Luke Skywalker, Dark Apprentice (Dark Empire, give the DS a Luke persona...)
    -Exar Kun
    -Ulic Qel-Droma
    -Nomi Sunrider
    -Eye-Five (a protocol droid with built in weapons!) (Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter)
    -Lorn Pavan (Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter)
    -Sin (Boba Fett's former lover) (Star Wars Tales)
    -Bevel Lemisk (death star designer)
    -Admiral Daala
    -Super Star Destroyer Night Hammer/Knight Hammer
    -Callista (Luke shoulda ended up with her damnit...)
    -Maybe Durga the Hutt and a way to make the Darksaber?
    -Maybe the suncrusher? (able to wipe out all the systems at the same parsec number perhaps?)
    -Maybe the Galaxy Gun?
    -Maybe World Devastators?
    -Maybe Any of the planets in the correlian system, somehow able to link together to use Centerpoint Station?

Oh, and of course we must demand those giant green Rabbits from the old Marvel comics...[face_batting]

12. Joyoda

Joyoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 1999
    We need 3 complete EU sets, A Prequal era set, a Rebellion/New Republic era set, ans a NJO Set. the Rebellion/ New Republic needs to ba a full 300+ card set, the others could be the smaller sets.

I wanta see a chiss clawcraft. :)

13. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I completly agree with Joyoda. They shouldn't seperate the EU by series, but by eras! Prequal, New Republic, and NJO would be great!

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'd say 4 expansions:

"The Dark Times" (prequel-era EU, 180 cards [for now])

"The Galactic Civil War" (classic-trilogy-era EU, 120 cards)

"Dawn of the New Republic" (post-ROTJ-era to NJO EU, full 360 card set)

"The New Jedi Order" (NJO and beyond [duh], 120 cards)

15. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    That certainly is an interesting thought. One thing is for certain: there would be some interesting matchups going on between Uliq Qel-droma and the Yuuzhan Vong...

There would HAVE to be special tournament formats because if people cried about a set that took plave 30 years before Star Wars I can imagine what they would say about one that takes place 3,000 years before ;-)

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Not to mention that hyperspeed travel was quite different than it is in the prequel and classic trilogy eras...

hmm, forgot about the pre-prequel era...maybe either combine it with the prequel era one and bump that one up a few cards, then again,a fifth expansion couldn't hurt[face_batting]

"Age of the Jedi"? ::)

17. Spud The Hutt

Spud The Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1999
    How about a Sith expansion that would include Darth Bane and the rest of his fellow Jedi deserters!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.