main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EU issues in a fanfilm

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Fall-on-Jin, Aug 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    I need help with Issues concerning certain events of a Fanfilm I am creating. I basically need to someone to answer the following questions:

1. Was Corellia part of the Rebellion 3 years prior to A New Hope?

2. Do Imperial Officers carry blasters?

3. Were the Imperial Star Destroyers we see in ANH in existance prior to ANH?

4. Would Correllia Deal with Refugees?

5. Would it be acceptable to have a Star Destroyer patrol over Correllia in 3BBY (Before the Battle of Yavin) Then make it leave, sensing that there is no serious threat from there? (This is meant to be Ironic)

6. Is there such thing as an Imperial Court? For example, my fanfilm features an Imperial officer who gets Demoted and send to An Imperial Prison.

7. Can someone name an Imperial prison planet, which was around at the time of 3BBY? (Not Kessell)

Thank you for your help (in advance)

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Try an EU forum (Literature?)

Rick McCallum loves you!

3. myself_me

myself_me Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2003
    OT, I want to say, that people should not stick to EU when doing their fanfilms. EU is not official material. As far as I know.

4. diabloblanco17

diabloblanco17 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2002
    1. Was Corellia part of the Rebellion 3 years prior to A New Hope?

According to the novel Rebel Dawn, the Rebellion originated on Corellia.

2. Do Imperial Officers carry blasters?

Most likely. Officers always have a sidearm of some sort, so Imperial officers would have a blaster pistol. Actually, they did in all the Dark Forces games, so yes.

3. Were the Imperial Star Destroyers we see in ANH in existance prior to ANH?

Yes.

4. Would Correllia deal with Refugees?

No idea.

5. Would it be acceptable to have a Star Destroyer patrol over Correllia in 3BBY (Before the Battle of Yavin) Then make it leave, sensing that there is no serious threat from there? (This is meant to be Ironic)

Yes. Considering its position as a Core World, and the shipyards located there, Star Destroyers would be a common sight.

6. Is there such thing as an Imperial Court? For example, my fanfilm features an Imperial officer who gets Demoted and send to An Imperial Prison.

Of course. Though if he were sent to a prison, he would be court-martialed first.

7. Can someone name an Imperial prison planet, which was around at the time of 3BBY? (Not Kessell)

Despayre. The one that the Death Star was tested on.

5. John2460

John2460 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Despayre. The one that the Death Star was tested on.

Ironically, also the plant where the Death Star was built.

6. Krapitino

Krapitino Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    But let us not forget the Death Star prototype, manufactured from Raith Seinar's slightly modified "entice the customers with size" plans by a crew of scientists including (but not limited to) a crazed bureaucratic Twi'lek, a brainwashed Omwati woman, and a fat human who Emperor Palpatine kept killing and cloning, who got said plans from Republic Commander-turend-Governer-turned-Grand Moff Tarkin, who stole them from his personal friend, the aforementioned Seinar, which was used to blow up Kessel's small garrison moon and was partially dissolved by the Sun Crusher before being sucked into a black hole, along with said starbusting superweapon... *gasp*

Yes, let us not forget THAT!

7. John2460

Jul 29, 2002
    And of course, a certain hologram from AOTC completely destroyed all of that.

So we have no choice but to forget it.

8. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh, yes, let's forget the works of many great writers, who carefuly worked stories together, just because GL wanted to change something "for the better".

God, the man can't even use an established narcotic. "Deathsticks"? Pah! Give me andris spice any day.

I mean...

9. diabloblanco17

diabloblanco17 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2002
    Meh, I prefer glitterstim.

*reads j00r mind*

OT, I want to say, that people should not stick to EU when doing their fanfilms. EU is not official material. As far as I know.

And as to that...what do you think fanfilms are? I don't mind if you contradict anything from most of the "OMG LIEK IT'S ANOTHER SUPERWEAPON WE'VE GOT TO DESTROY IT" novels, but it's normally a good idea to fit in with basic EU material. For example, try not to set your epic battle between the New Republic and (insert ultra-powerful evil force of DOOM) during the Thrawn crisis.

10. myself_me

Feb 16, 2003
    yea yea... :D But then again, it's your story, and your film. But it's enough from me.

11. John2460

Jul 29, 2002
    Arjuna, I was just kidding.

12. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I will agree with diabloblanco17 on most of his points except:

1. While the Rebellion might have originated on Corellia, the planet was NOT in open Rebellion at that time, the same as Chandrila or Mon Calamari might have been.

4. The chances of Corellia willingly accepting refugees is slim, as they are a fairly isolationist world... however, I am sure that if Emperor Palpatine "asked" them to, they would be more than happy to oblige... :)

5. Instead of having the Star Destroyer just "leave", give it a reason, such as a small uprising on Selonia or something.

13. myself_me

Feb 16, 2003
    Indy, your here again. But I'll shut up and won't point that out again :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.