main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit EU Jedi in EP 7

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kyris Cavisek, Nov 19, 2012.

?

Which EU Jedi do you want to appear in EP 7?

1. Corran Horn

40.0%
  2. Kyp Durron

34.0%
  3. Saba Sebatyne

24.0%
  4. Cilghal

28.0%
  5. Kyle Katarn

48.0%
  6. Octa Ramis

12.0%
  7. Kam Solusar

18.0%
  8. Lowbacca

30.0%
  9. Skywalker/Solo Children

60.0%
  10. All New Jedi

18.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    I would love to see Seha make an appearance. In fact I think the ST could really benefit from seeing a master/padawan pairing beyond the Luminara/Barriss brief bits that movies have shown up until now.

2. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    They already gave Seha knighthood...

3. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
  4. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Eh he is in the comics,I'd be ok with him staying there but if one order 66 survivor joins up I hope it is K'kruhk

5. The Man Who Sold the Moon

The Man Who Sold the Moon Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2012
    Jolee Bindo as a Force Ghost. He is the Obi Wan of the new generation.

6. lukemaraben

lukemaraben Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    I voted Sky/Solo children, Corran, Kyp, Kyle, Saba, and even though Mara is dead in current EU I would love to see her in a movie.

7. Beaker416

Beaker416 Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2004
    Either Horn or Katarn would be cool with me. (LOL at the earlier comment that everyone would be dead in 2 minutes if Katarn is in it. Good point!) Jade would be cool too, not sure how tough that would be to explain to folks that don't follow the EU.

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I want to see this:

[​IMG]
    (I should note this isn't my image -- I can't remember who made it. But whoever you are you're awesome.)

9. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Alright, since everyone else has crazy time travel theories and Boba Fett starring and reboot the EU ideas. I am going to go ahead with my own crazy idea and try to back it up.

Jaden Korr...

That is it. I might elaborate later

10. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Couldn't wait... RIPTIDE SPOILERS to follow

It is revealed in Riptide that Jaden himself is a clone of an unknown force user. The Wook puts him at being cloned in 1 ABY... if this is indeed the case, he would be made before the Kyle and Kam clones, and probably before the Luke and Mara clones too. So who is Jaden a clone of. It would lead me to believe he is a clone of an order 66 survivor. Here are the current possible canidates: Anakin Skywalker (been done), Palpatine (been done), Obi Wan Kenobi, Ferus Olin, Jax Pavan, and Quinlan Vos. Yet my vibe is "bingging" for Kenobi. He can't have kids, "so let's clone him." Or at least perhaps that is the talk...

Needless to say, would the reinfussion of Kenobi DNA into the NJO shake things up? Is this why he suddenly becomes a prominet role in the books.
    Or is this the "Return of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader" we have had rumored?

It is crazy I know. Go ahead and tear it apart. It won't hurt my feelings any...

cthugha likes this.
  11. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Both Anakin and Obi-Wan were put aboard Outbound Flight by the Jedi Council (until Palpatine took them off again under a pretext -- to make sure Anakin stayed available) so they would have had samples etc. taken too.

You're idea isn't as far-fetched as it first appears!

12. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Corran is also rather good at the "Alter Mind" power, projecting illusions etc.

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  13. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    It is unrealistic. I don't expect Korr to be in the movie but having a Kenobi in the NJO would be awesome. They may not know what young obi wan looks like. Take out the beard and its obi who?

14. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Luke knew Obi-Wan when he was in his early fifties. Jaden is currently in approximately his mid-forties, and sporting a beard. Luke may not have spotted a resemblance when Jaden was twenty, but he would have noticed by now that Jaden is one Alec Guinness-looking son of a gun.

15. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    But Obi-Wan also spent 20 years or so in the harsh environment of Tatooine, Hav, which Jaden hasn't.

16. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    True, but of limited relevance. A few more wrinkles wouldn't render him so much different. It would be more significant, I think, that it's been forty years since Luke has actually seen him, but it's pretty clear that Luke has an excellent memory of those days (which makes sense for a Jedi) and he's dug up enough archival material that I'd be surprised if he didn't have some holos of a younger Obi-Wan that he's studied. Note that Luke appeared to recognize an even younger Obi-Wan when reviewing Artoo's ROTS memories in DN pretty quickly, IIRC.

17. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Havet Storm.

His tombstone, anyway. (RIP) :(

18. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Saba would be awesome, and i need a good visual of Corran Horn. The man has stopped being interesting since the njo series.

thesevegetables likes this.
  19. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I haven't read Riptide myself yet, but how sure are we that Luke and Jaden have even spent all that much time together? Between Jaden's missions and all the nonsense Luke's been dealing with, it's not inconceivable that they haven't laid eyes on each other in years. Unless, of course, they do in Riptide.

20. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Isn't he on guard at the Jedi Temple in one of the FOTJ books or something?

Although I don't remember if that was before or after Luke's exile.

21. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    During. Door-ward at the Council Chamber, doesn't say if that was his normal duty or a special arrangement tho. But he'd lost three fingers not too long before, so it could have been a light-duty assignment.

22. TychoCorde

TychoCorde Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 3, 2012
    Ever since reading Riptide I've been wondering who Jaden is a cloned from, and by his appearance on the cover I would say he vaguely resembles Palpatine. I know the cloned Emperor has been done, but those clones were basically just husks waiting to be for lack of a better word possessed by Palps. So maybe Jaden is what Palpatine would have been had he not been a privileged psycho

23. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Does anyone have contact details of this guy's agent?

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  24. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    They have a chat in Riptide, which doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary.

25. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I just had a vision of VII opening with a MotS short film starring Jason Court and Shannon Baksa.

And then the Gamorreans started flying...

Zorrixor likes this.