main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EU mentions in the Clone Wars Series (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LawgSkrak, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    With respect Gry, that and 25 cents will get you some bubblegum;)

Better to whisper the idea into Jason Fry's ear.:) He has been known to watch the threads in Lit, from time to time.

2. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Oh, sorry.[face_blush]

I like the potential this has for explaining the Providence. Seeing the Sith Dreadnaught cruisers' shortcomings earlier in the war, the CIS begin a design program to make up for it. The end result is a smaller, slimmer design that overcome the problems of the nigh-millennium old vessels and provide state-of-the-art shielding. Let the first one be named Trench in his honor or something.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Bump- a lot to add- ARC Troopers, etc. :)

4. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    Care to elaborate? :)

So I still haven't seen season2 (waiting for the DVD this month) or any of Season 3. I hear there's a Greedo appearance that's screwed up the EU. They should just change the name of the show to Star Wars: Universe Destroyer.

5. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Expanded Universe Destroyer. Then again, between the Tantive IV and Greedo...

6. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    Oh GOD!! What did they do to screw up the Tantive IV????

7. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    The ship in ROTS is not it. It's a different ship. I don't know, maybe we already knew that and I'm just really late to the party. I had been under the impression for over five years that the ship we'd seen in ROTS was the same vessel that opened ANH, but the episode guide last week disproved that.

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Ship in Rots is NOT Tantive IV- it's Sundered Heart from EAW- this is good continuity change because ships are not similar- one in Rots his smaller and with big engines... one in ANH has smaller engines compared to it's size- now TCW shows us Tantive IV from ANH- so Bail has many ships- not odd at all...

I think that TCW makes unnecessary changes but some of these are good- i like most EU but there is horrifying facts in Expanded Universe that I'm happy that I can ignore because they are "just EU"- Emperor's clone[face_frustrated]- those comics were actually pretty good but they ruin the meaning of the movies ... and then Darth Krayt and all these other crappy post-epVI sith- too bad TCW cannot destroy those "facts"...

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    It was fact until this year- but it have been bugging me a long time that those ships aren't similar- not only color but size and shape- still TCW should show us both ships together to avoid confusion...

Dathomir seems to be in need of very big retcons after those eps come out- i hope they'll not claim that Zabraks are native to Dathomir (or even worse that they are indeed dathomiri and not zabraks) there could be "Dathomiri Zabraks" though and Maul could be one of them (he doesn't really look much like Eeth Koth, Agen Kolar or Sugi) at least Filoni used term zabraks to mean Maul's relatives including Savage Oppress- I'm very interested how they will solve Ventress-identityproblem..... Red color of the Dathomir is not very big problem- since area named "Red Hills" on Dathomir is mentioned in EU already- and red atmosphere looks more cool than usual swamp/forest we have seen on Dathomir in EU

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    There's also purple-like mists and patches on Dathomir in some sources like the Atlas and SW Galaxies, so the redish mist region to be shown shouldn't need any explaination.

The Tantive IV thing just reinforces the original intent behind the ship design used in ROTS- the only odd thing is that they took 5 years to make it official.

The Greedo thing is more problematic but not unworkable- there's still a Greedo the Elder who still dies in the same way in the same story, it's just that portion of Greedo's Tale will be set earlier so that the Greedo from TPM and TCW can be retconned into being the same Greedo from ANH.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.