EU moments that make you teary-eyed...

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Guinastasia, Nov 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Guinastasia Force Ghost

star 6
    I was re-reading I,Jedi last night-well, parts of it, and I got to the part where Corran goes back to visit his grandfather. I started to get misty-eyed.

What about you?
  2. RockDragon Jedi Master

star 4
    When Anakin died in Star by Star, I was sad, then when I thought about all the things the YJK's had beent through in the YJK series and the NJO. I got a little teary.
  3. slobadog Jedi Master

star 4
    In "The Last Command" Tears almost rolled down my cheeks when Thrawn was treacherasly assainated by Rukah.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    When Imperial Center fell to the Yuuzhan Vong hordes...
  5. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    When Wedge is reunited with Iella, Myri and Syal in Rebel Dream.

So sad, yet happy... :_|
  6. Jedi_Sha Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    am i the first to mention this?

i bawled like a baby when chewie died. :_|
  7. Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    When Luke tells Kyp he's forgiven him in Champions of the Force.
  8. Ysanne_Isard Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    when Anakin died, when Chewie died, when Asyr left Gavin.
  9. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    This scene from Dark Tide II: Ruin is the first SW scene that ever drew tears from me...

In the wardroom, covered with a white sheet to her throat, Daeshara'cor lay on a bed, barely moving. He could tell she was still breathing, but her breaths came shallow and hurried.
    Anakin brushed away a tear and entered the medical bay. Droids busied themselves with other patients. He moved over to the left side of the bed and rested his hand on Daeshara'cor's hidden wrist.

She started for a second, then opened he eyes. Her surprised expression changed to one of happiness, though it lingered for only a second or two. Weariness washed from her, and Anakin could feel the spark of her life dimming. "Anakin."

"Hi. How are you?" Anakin squeezed his eyes shut for a moment. "Stupid, stupid..."

Daeshara?cor slipped her left hand from beneath his grip and the sheet, then brushed a tear from his cheek. "It's okay. The venom--"

Anakin sniffed. "Corran was bitten. They saved him."

"Human chemistry...different from a Twi'lek's." She lowered her hand and grabbed his, squeezing as hard as she could, which felt terribly weak to him. "There is nothing they can do. I'm dying."

"No! Not fair--you can't!" Anakin snarled as hot tears splashed his cheeks. ?Not you, not like--"

"Chewbacca?"

Anakin's knees buckled, and he started to go down but found a chair beneath his butt. He covered his face with his hands and felt Daeshara'cor stroking his hair. "I made a mistake and he died. I made a mistake and you are dying."

"There is no death...there is only the Force."

He looked up through tear-blurred eyes. "It still hurts."

"I know." She managed a weak smile. "Anakin, you have to know....even though I am dying...I would not change things...neither would Chewbacca."

"How can you say--"

She stroked his cheek, her fingers feeling cold against his skin. "He died...I die...in service to life. You saved me from the darkness. I saved you...not in recompense, but so you can continue serving life, the Force."

He reached up and covered her hand with his. "I will never be as good a servant as you or Chewie."

Daeshara'cor smiled again, maintaining it though the corners of her mouth quivered. "You already are, Anakin, and you will be greater. As you heal, you will be stronger than anyone can imagine. We are proud of you, so proud..."

Her voice faded, along with her smile, as life drained from her. Anakin pressed her hand harder against his face, but found her touch fleeting and faint. As he watched, she became lighter, then translucent, and finally disappeared as the sheet that had covered her collapsed.

10. Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The first one that comes to mind was the part towards the end of Wraith Squadron when everyone is watching and waiting for Sandskimmer to fly out of the Star Destroyer, and when it crashes, it mentions something about Donos crying out.

The second is in Solo Command when Lara is revealed to be Gara Petothel. Just the sadness of wanting a new life, but having it stripped from you......just brought me to tears.

:_|
  11. Sgt Crowfield Chosen One

star 4
    I liked Tierce, so I got somewhat mushy over his end.
  12. Doikk-Na-ts Jedi Knight

star 2
    There's been so many. I'm such a sap. Most recently though... the Solo family reunion in Destiny's Way.
  13. Devi Jedi Master

star 4
    I often cry when reading good fanfiction. As for profic, I don't remember whether I actually cried, but one EU moment that had a strong emotional impact on me was the scene a the end of The Last Command when Luke gave his father's lightsaber to Mara Jade.
  14. Guinastasia Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh, how could I forget-when Ton Phanan died.

:_|

When Luke asks Mara to marry him and she says, "You mean if we get out?" And he's like, "No, regardless."

15. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    When Anakin died in Star by Star, I was sad

i was actually happen when he finally died. the book was so incredibly long.

hmm. moments that made me cry? i wasn't that shocked when chewie died because i read the reviews for the book first.

i was a little nervous when jag almost died in rebel dream. but it didn't happen thank the force :D
  16. Trell Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    When Luke asks Mara to marry him and she says, "You mean if we get out?" And he's like, "No, regardless."

When I first read it I wasn't that mushy of a guy. But now I am and re read it and teared up.

Anikan dieing got me a tad. Ganners last stand got some happy ones in it's own twisted way. The downfall of Corescaunt got me. Some of jacens moments in Traitor, such as the battle in the nursery, that was good for his personal victory. Wedge almost going down in RS, the destruction of the Lusankia. Stupid NJO and its teary moments! :_|

Ever since I saw Eva I have been getting emotional in half the books I read and things I watch. ?[face_plain] Ah well, it's okay. :D

I am a sappy guy, I admit it! :p
  17. Jedi_Sha Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    oh my gosh - at ganner's last stand i got SO teary-eyed. :_| and then again where vergere related her vision to jacen about "the ganner"
  18. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Um, I have to say, when Anakin died. That still makes me cry. And I just reread the scene in "Champions of the Force", where Zeth dies, that made me cry.

I don't quite get the "You mean if we get out of here"/"No, regardless" thing. Obviously, they're only going to get married if they get out of there. I mean, duh.

Part that made me shriek in grief and rage was when Jaina and Jag kissed. :mad:

Dana
  19. Lank_Pavail Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Face reading Ton's letter after his death. It was such a poignant moment, especially after their conversation the night before. It was also very beautiful, that that his final thoughts were of possibly the only true friend he had.
  20. Elori Jedi Master

star 4
    The part at the end of VP with Han talking about the bubble of safety... Not the bubble! :_|
  21. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    The death of Chewie got me misty.

The way he stood up and bellowed and wouldn't go down, even though there was a bloody moon about to crush him. And Han's reaction to Anakin immediately after in the cockpit was rough too. "You left him."

Ouch.

If Chewie had to go, at least he went true to form :)

Edit: And the heroic death of Miko Reglias in VP was a tear-jerker as well. THe little guy had been through so much but proved he had beaten the Vong and was still a Jedi with his final act.
  22. Trell Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    How could I forget those! Chewie howlling at the moon was so great. I always see him ranting about what he as survived and yelling at the moon, "and now you will kill me!? So be it, here I am!"

Okay, I can't wright, but in my own defence, Chewie can't speak iether! :p

Exept now it's because of more then his vocal cords. :( :_|
  23. Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Master

star 4
    Dana: I was actually quite happy when Jag and Jaina kissed. Kyp and Jaina really aren't compatible.

Anyway, the most emptional scene is in Dark Journey when Tenel Ka feels Jacen be cut off from the Force. I was sad when Jacen came back later and went off with Danni instead of staying with Tenel Ka. She freaking kissed him after he went after her for, like, a year! I felt bad for Tenel Ka.
  24. rogue11lovesjag Jedi Master

star 4
    1) Jag and Jaina's first kiss
    2) Wedge and Iella's first kiss
    3) Anakin and Tahiri's first kiss
    4) Luke and Mara's first kiss
    5) Anakin dying
    6) Chewie dying
    7) Ganner dying
    *spoiler? DW*

8) Jaina being named Sword of the Jedi. Why can't she live happily ever after?

~Rogue
  25. CptCorranHorn Force Ghost

star 5
    Tahiri watching Anakin's body aboard the Trickster after the mission to Mykyr in SbS. Leia seeing Anakin's body, and when everyone felt Anakin's death.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.