main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Montréal EU Novel Discussion...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by GoddessJainaSoloFel, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    Join us here to discuss all the newest and hottest in the books!

To start things off tell us which novels you enjoyed the most and why!

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Dark Journey.......Its got Kyp in it lots. And I love the interaction between Jaina Solo and Kyp, her Dark side is very cool :D

3. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    My favorite line between Kyp and Jaina in Dark Journey has to be "You couldn't channel the Force wearing that dress. There isn't enough room in there for it to squeeze through". Actually I like the whole exchange in that scene between Kyp and Jaina! Soo much angst and banter, it's great! You can just feel the tension between both of them.

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You can and I love it. Must read that one again, its a great book! More Kyp I say!

5. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    I agree! The SW Universe needs to have more Kyp!!! [face_love] Other than Dark Journey, which novels do you like?

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Funny, I actually really enjoyed Courtship of Princess Leia. Why? I love the planet full of Women and men as their 'slaves'. My fav scene is when Luke is being taken and his last thoughts are the image he is given, of him being for 'breeding purposes!' Kills me! :p

7. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    Courtship of Princess Leia was one of the first novels I read along with Shadows of the Empire, and the Thrawn Trilogy. From there the EU opened up before me.

On a sidenote going back to Dark Journey and Jaina for a minute, have you read the short story also by Elaine Cunningham titled "The Apprentice". The events of this short story unfold at the same time as the main story from Dark Journey and we explore a bit of Jaina's Apprenticeship to Jedi Master Kyp Durron. It's a must read for any NJO fans!

8. Lady_Jedi_Skywalker

Lady_Jedi_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    Anybody who knows enough about me knows to expect the X-wing series to come out as an answer... Apart from those, I would have to say The Jedi Academy Trilogy and whatever is written by Zahn.

Which reminds me, I believe Outbound Flight was supposed to come out in October last year, did it or did it get pushed back?

9. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    Outbound Flight is coming out the end of the month I think. Another Zahn book to add to my bookshelves! :D

10. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    Has anyone read Karen Traviss' Hard Contact? If so, what did you think of it? I'm just starting it :) Next week I'll be buying Triple Zero!

11. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Hard Contact hasnt been released as yet here...

12. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    :eek: It hasn't? :eek: We're interviewing Karen Traviss in 2 weeks on her new book Triple Zero! :eek:

13. Lady_Jedi_Skywalker

Lady_Jedi_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    LOL nice... I finally decided to go ahead and buy myself the first four books from the X-Wing seres. Now all I miss is 5, 6, 7, and 8 before I have all nine... So that's one person less checked those books out of the municpal library.

*hears those who are on the waiting list to get them cheer*

It's so true, they are some of the hardest to get your hands on at the library. They're always out. Them and the NJO books.

14. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    Congrats on your buy! :D I know how much that series means to you!

I went to Chapters today and they didn't have Triple Zero! :( I was hoping they may have put it out on the shelf a week early but no luck! Oh well I'll go back next week! :)

15. Marianne_Solav

Marianne_Solav Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    I received it today, but the post office is holding it hostage until tomorrow! :( The mailman was mean, he didn't leave it! ;)

16. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    :eek: I'm so jealous! I'll have to start ordering my books in advance I think! [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.