main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EU Question

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by tenlientl, Aug 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tenlientl

tenlientl Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2004
    I have read the EUC Welcome Thread. I feel this is the proper place to ask this question. I'm aware that this might have been asked numerous times, I apologize. However, I have become very intrested in Star Wars.

I'm young, and not a very good fan of reading. But Star Wars got me intrested ever since I watched Attack of The Clones. I rented the Star Wars Trilogy he other day.

Which books should I read first? Are these novels thick? Right now I'm intrested in reading about Anakin. Around the times of Obi Wan being alive.

2. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    If you're young and don't like reading very much and want stuff about obi-wan and anakin, check out the Jedi Quest books by Jude Watson. Each book is between 90 and 120 pages long.

If you want something longer from this era, Rogue planet is around 320 pages in hardcover.

have fun!

-Vongchild

3. tenlientl

tenlientl Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2004
    ............ Come on now, lol. Are you serious? 320 pages? Is their a book that summarizes important parts? Like. I wouldn't wanna read things like umm.. Where the Wookies come from and why they have fur, etc. Unless it's important.

Is their like 1 book that summarizes 2 books?

4. JediFantasy

JediFantasy Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    not many shortcuts, young one. ;)

try reading the shorter books first. if you like them it may whet your appetite to read more. i've gotten to the point i can hardly put a book down until i finish it. all 292 pages of the paperback . . . ;)

5. tenlientl

tenlientl Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2004
    Maybe because you like reading. I don't, although I would read If it really intrests me.

Which shorter books are you talking about? Which part in the timeline(If my terms are correct).

I wonder if these books would be in the library around where I live.

6. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    there isn't really books out there that catter to small reading but if you want some books on obi-wan when he was young and before TPM read the Jedi Apprentice collection, they have from 170-200 pages in them each but the chapters are really small and they don't cost that much either.

7. tenlientl

tenlientl Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2004
    Yes. I should try one of those books first. See how it intrests me.

8. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    There is also the six book boba fett series. I haven't read it myself, but people in the Lit Board rave about it, so you might want to check that out.

9. _therebelforces_

_therebelforces_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2004
    try the comicis there fun and if you like funny things try star wars vol.1 its got all kinds of good and easy to read Stuff.

10. tenlientl

tenlientl Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2004
    This question is probably not a good one. But as I said, I'm not a fan of reading so I wouldn't know. Where would I find these comics/books? Would the library have them? My local book store(Like Bond). Or would I have to order them from the internet? As I said, not very good questions, lol.

11. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Most book stores carry Jedi Apprentice, Jedi Quest, and Boba Fett in the childrens paperback section. Libraries tend to have them, also. If you want to read Junior Jedi Knights, which is closer to the NJO era, though, you'll have to go to amazon.com.

Young Jedi knights is about 290 pages each. you can buy them seperately or in anthologies of a about 850 pages, or three books, each (Which I find nice because it makes people think you're smarter than you are). These are better suited for middle schoolers (which I am guessing you are) than the first four series I mentioned

just wondering, how old are you?

Also, Star Wars science adventures. they're movie-era, star c-3po, r2-d2, and some snot-nosed kid, and teach you about friction and gravity and stuff, complete with diagrams. also about the same length of JA, JQ, BF, and JJK. I think there's 2-3 of them right now.

But really, there's no cliffnotes for star wars.

12. tenlientl

tenlientl Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2004
    I'm 16, lol.

13. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Sixteen isn't that young ;) And yeah try the JA and JQ books, and then there are the 'Tales' books which are volumes of short stories, they're pretty good. The names are Tales from the New Republic, Tales from a Mos Eisly Cantina, Tales from Jabba's Palace... I think that's the last one at least.

14. ConcordDawn

ConcordDawn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    ...also Tales of the Bounty Hunters. I especially enjoy the first story about IG-88, although I'll admit it cheapens ROTJ.

If you don't like reading that much, might I suggest the comic books, especially the 'Star Wars: Republic' series which I particularly enjoy.

And don't worry, there are lots of 16-year-olds here. Heck, i'm one of 'em. ;)

15. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    JA, JQ, and JJK are for 4th graders, really....

You really might want to look into JJK.

16. WykdJedi

WykdJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    Reading makes life more interesting. It is a mind-expanding drug that once you are hooked you can't rehab. heh. and there are no negative side effects. symptoms of reading the "good stuff" include increased heartrate, "death grip" on the novel, sleeplessness (because you haven't finished yet)... etc...

17. tenlientl

tenlientl Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2004
    lol, Wykd

18. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    too true, Wykd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.