main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EU Reader Survey Results

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kimball_Kinnison, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    Genghis, I admit that it was a flawed analogy, but you COULD look at the books/stories from TTT to JAT as a seroes of stories, especially with the way that KJA built so much off of the events of both TTT and DE.

My point was that, for the purposes of the survey, saying the NJO would be as effective as saying "TTT through JAT".

Kimball Kinnison

2. Kimball_Kinnison

Oct 28, 2001
  3. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Here are some ideas for the next survey (based on a point system):

- Top 3 authors - 5pts, 3pts, 1pt respectively for 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice.
    --- favorite single SW book by each author (subcategory per author - 1pt each)

- Top 3 novels or series (duologies, trilogies,anthologies) - 5pts, 3pts, 1pt

- Top 3 comic stories - 5pts, 3pts, 1pt

You sum total points per item and divide by total for the category to find the percentage.

4. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Darth_Kevin...
    "duologies, trilogies,anthologies..."

...duodecologies (20-book series, plus/minus)

Anyone know what you call a 19-book series, (or however many books the NJO series is going to end up being?) ?[face_plain]

5. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
  6. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    The Latin number 20 is viginti, 19 is undeviginti, thus a "19-ology" would be
    undevigintology.

By the way, a duodecololgy would be a 12 book series since duodecim is 12 in Latin.

7. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Thanks. Interesting.

8. Kimball_Kinnison

Oct 28, 2001
    Genghis,

I still call the NJO a series, just like I call the X-Wing novels a series. A series can be composed of a sequence of novels and/or groupings of novels. For example, the X-Wing series is composed of a quadrology (I think that's the word) of Rogue Squadron novels, a trilogy of Wraith Squadron novels, and then a few stand-alone novels, namely Isaard's Revenge and Starfighters of Adumar. A series usually features the telling of multiple stories in a sequence (or series, but that would be using the word to define itself ;)). However, a trilogy (or duology, quadrology, etc) is a single story that has been broken into 3 (2, 4, etc.) parts.

By that definition, the NJO is a series. It is composed of a sequence of individual stories (so far, 3 duologies and 3 parts of a quintology). If you go back and look at the original questions I asked in the survey, I was asking what individual book, trilogy, duology, etc. was the favorite, not what series.

It does make a difference.

Kimball Kinnison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.