main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~EU Social Reading Café ~(Grab a book and jump on in!)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Stridarious, Apr 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    The first X-wing book was fairly good, but for me they've gotten better each time. I just finished Solo Command

I have almost all of them. I seemed to have like the first one more over all the rest for some odd reason. Maybe cause theres a game based on it. 8-}

Manual Signature ;)

2. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
  3. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    I'm up to Iron Fist now. Love them Wraiths. And Wes. And Kettch. I tend to get involved with Wedge's feelings - his loneliness for one thing, and his concern that Soontir may have turned against him.

I hope that, sometime soon in the NJO, he will be re-united with his sister.

EDIT: And yes I know it ain't really Fel.

4. lightsaber_wielder

Jan 24, 2002
    I, too, think that he should be reunited with Syal. I mean, we're lucky that we've even seen her, considering the amount of attention the authors seem to love diverting from her...

5. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Wedges feelings are very interesting, his place in the story very good. :)

6. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    someone has got to re-unite them! If the NJO ends and then jumps to another era without doing it, GL&Co. are going to get some very harsh words from me!

7. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Would the harsh words be of any use after the novels are finished? 8-}

8. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    Prbably not, but at least they'd know they let a few fans down - make that a lot of fans. But then sometimes I wonder if they care. They just go on with their own agenda.

9. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    I also think that Wedge and Syal should be reunited. It is clear throughout the X-wing books that Wedge really cares about his sister and wants to know her fate.

Please, LFL, reunite Wedge and Syal!!!!!!

10. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    :_| I can' find my copy of Isard's Revenge! :_|

11. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    *pats SECRETSISTER's back* there, there... :) Its okay, maybe you may have mis-placed it. Do you think you can go back and try to remember where you last placed it?

12. DarthNoll

DarthNoll Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2002
    If you can't find it, SECRETSISTER, I'd be glad to lend you my copy. :)

Right now I'm in the midst of reading, Edge of Victory II: Rebirth. I've got to say that the NJO is really growing on me. The series is NOT as good as the X-Wing series IMO, however.

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the e-book Recovery?

13. lightsaber_wielder

Jan 24, 2002
    The paperback of Star by Star has Recovery in it, and it's next in line, so if you find the paperback, buy it. Unless of course you have the hardcover. ;)

I can't say that I enjoyed the X-Wing series more than the NJO. Maybe that's because I'm a Jedi fan and don't care much for starfighter battles...I don't know. There's just something about NJO that makes it better...

14. Iron_Fist

Jan 30, 2003
    //thinks X-wing

//smiles :D :)

I've just finished Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code and I've finsihed decoding the code that runs along the bottom of the page (I have to say that it wasn't much of an Eternity Code, I cracked it in 30 min [face_laugh]). I also finished Refugee, and am now awaiting Shatterpoint.

//sits and awaits...

15. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Yub, yub. I got my Denis Lawson icon. :D

I'm currently rereading Ruin, and I liked Jag better than I remembered (now I know that he is Wedge's nephew, that helps :p )

After that I'm going to retackle Star by Star, because that book is just a big blur for me. :(

16. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    Last night I went back and read the Dark Horse Comics Dark Empire, Dark Empire II, and Empire's End. I don't know why, but I just did.

I think Isard's Revenge is buried in my son's trash heap of a room. I guess I'll have to put on my environmental suit and go look for it.

17. DarthNoll

Jul 11, 2002
    Well, would ya' lookie there! The copy of Star by Star that I just picked up DOES have Recovery in it! Thanks for the tip, lightsaber_wielder. If it was a snake it would have bit me. :)

Good luck & mtFbwy, SECRETSISTER, on your mission into the dark realms that is your son's room. :p

18. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    DarthNoll: [face_laugh] That is one mission I'd be afraid to go through with, however a book may be in extreme danger, and it is an especially good book, one to which is worth all that trouble to find. :) I wish you the best of luck on that mission in your son's room SECRETSISTER 8-}

19. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    Oh, thank you, fellow posters for the support! I'm planning my assault for July when the kid is out of town. When I get done in there and he comes back, He'll think he's in the wrong house.

I hope IR does not disintigrate before then.

20. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    I FOUND IT!! I FOUND IT!!
    Actually, the kid was reading over my shoulder when I was crying about it and decided he didn't want me to invade his lair, so he dug it out of the pile.

Isard's Revenge is back in all its glory! :eek: :D [face_laugh] with joy!!!!

21. Iron_Fist

Jan 30, 2003
    Well done!

22. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    That is great news SECRETSISTER! :) I am happy to hear that you found it! I know how it can be to loose that most favorite book! :D Although, my room would be as your sons 8-}

23. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    *looks about* Is anyone here?!?! I have lots of that special new Alpine Choclates! Hello? 8-}

24. DarthNoll

Jul 11, 2002
    I'm here, Stridarious! Mind if I partake of your chocolate as I read Cloak of Deception?

Congrats on reclaiming Isard's Revenge, SECRETSISTER. I'm glad you came out of the thing all in one piece. ;)

25. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    *curtsys* thank you, thank you. It was sheer torture, but I survived. And I read IR immediately! It's all there! Now it is ensconced safely among my other SW books who are also glad to have their compatriot back in the fold.

And then, last night for some reason, I picked up the Thrawn Trilogy. It's been years since I last read it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.