main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~EU Social Reading Café ~(Grab a book and jump on in!)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Stridarious, Apr 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthNoll

DarthNoll Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2002
    Ahhhh, Thrawn... Why can't I just meet an intelligent, polite, witty guy like that?? ;) The Thrawn Trilogy is in my top 5 fav SW books so far. The Hand of Thrawn duology was pretty good, but how do you beat The Last Command?

2. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    Please, please, no spoilers! :D

3. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    Now I'm on the second book of the trilogy - I read a lot at night.

4. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    No, please feel free to eat of my chocolate well we read DarthNoll. However I get more 8-} .

5. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    *gets up and walks over to the entrance and looks about at the half empty streets* Hello? Anyone still there? 8-} [face_laugh]

6. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    I'm here. I've gone on to Last Command. There's so much lore in these books. You can see how later EU books refered back to these for information - even those that enter the timeline before this trilogy.

7. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    SECRETSISTER: "You can see how later EU books refered back to these for information - even those that enter the timeline before this trilogy."

Hmm...I never quite realized that about the Squadren series. I mean although I have only read but a few of them.

8. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Allow me to give this a boost back to the surface! 8-}

Sorry for my absence, I have been quite tied up. ;) However I am back now.

9. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    Hi Stridarious. I'm still reading. Got through the KJA trilogy and then I, Jedi. When I can't get on the boards I read. Couldn't help but laugh at MS. discription of Luke and Corran breaking their way into the Palace. It cracks me up every time.

10. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    I take it by the way you speak of it, it is a excellent book :D .

I should go out and rent it and see how I enjoy it.

11. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    It's pretty good, I think. Corran sure has to fight his ego in it.

Anyhoo - Now I've gone back in time and I'm reading the original Han Solo trilogy by Brian Daley. Gave me some ideas for the 'Origins of Corellia' that the CorSec bunch is going to Round Robin on the fanfic board. I gotta write the opening since it was my idea. Oughtta be fun. Make everybody think hard.

12. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    I have just started reading the EU and I am almost onto the last book of my first trilo (I will be starting Tim Zahn's the Last Command in a few days). I was wondering what books are recomended for a villian lover such as myself.

13. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Hmmm... villain lover... try Tales from the Empire. I'll try to think of more later.

I'm re-reading the Thrawn trilogy, now up to Dark Force Rising. :)

14. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    I am glad that I decided to pick up the EU it is good to have more SW in my life, plus it gives me something to do while I wait for EP3.

P.S: I_F I hope you are feeling better.

15. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    You can see how later EU books refered back to these for information - even those that enter the timeline before this trilogy

"Tatooine Ghost" has an awesome reference to the Thrawn Trilogy. Several of them, actually. :D

16. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Its great to see that this thread is still being used :) .

I may alter the main post at a later date as to maybe start a discussion about a specific book each week. Or I may leave it as is, but change a few things within it :D .

Agian though thats all up to you guys, wha do you think I should do? :confused:

17. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    D-D: Thanks. :D

ousley: I liked that. It was really cool seeing all the little ties Denning managed to write in. :cool:

Strid: It's your choice. :)

18. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Well let ne see what Genghis12 thinks. I wish to perhaps rid the opening post of a few mark-ups as I think I kinda over did it with the using of them 8-} .

And maybe supply a more structured discussion. Maybe one EU book discussed every week. One maybe that is proposed by the posters within this thread? :confused:

19. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Right now I'm reading Wraith Squadron in what spare time I have. :) (Unlike TUF, which was toted with me everywhere to read in every spare moment, until I finished).

I like the Wraith Squadron story arc a lot. It's definitely a highlight of the EU for me.

:D

20. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Commander-DWH: "I like the Wraith Squadron story arc a lot. It's definitely a highlight of the EU for me."

I began that book, never got as far as I had anticipated to, as I had many other books to yet finish :D .

//Error: "Only 1 message post per minute is allowed. [face_blush] "

21. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    Keep reading, C-DWH, it only gets better in the next book.

22. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Fire_Light: "Keep reading, C-DWH, it only gets better in the next book."

Oh, now I feel bad for not even attempting to finish it... :(

23. DarthNoll

DarthNoll Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2002
    Hi all! Been gone for awhile - reading the NJO... I'm reading Destiny's Way right now so I'm nearing the end.

Stridarious - I like your idea of discussing a different book each week. I'd be down for that. But then again, I just like discussing the books in general. :D

24. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    DarthNoll: "Stridarious - I like your idea of discussing a different book each week. I'd be down for that. But then again, I just like discussing the books in general."

As do I, per, the basic principle that not all posters may like the same book that has been brought up for the weekly discussions. Not only that, but I seem to enjoy the social atmosphere ;) .

I will however, attempt to address certain book related topics, but it would not be demanded that all answer :) .

25. darthmalt16

darthmalt16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 2000
    For a story that will have you in stiches read Starfighters of Adumar, it's a standalone book feat. wedge, tycho, Hobbie, Janson, a two headed lady, duels to the death, wedge an co. crossdressing, cloak and dagger operation, late night rendevous, a planetary world war, and of course Janson wreaking havoc.

I know your interested now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.