main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~EU Social Reading Café ~(Grab a book and jump on in!)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Stridarious, Apr 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    darthmalt16: "For a story that will have you in stiches read Starfighters of Adumar, it's a standalone book feat. wedge, tycho, Hobbie, Janson, a two headed lady, duels to the death, wedge an co. crossdressing, cloak and dagger operation, late night rendevous, a planetary world war, and of course Janson wreaking havoc.

I know your interested now.
    "

Yes, I am intriqued, yet fearful as of the stitches part of your statement! 8-}

2. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Stitches... just had 'em... 8-}

But I do reccommend SoA. It is an excellent read. :D

3. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Keep reading, C-DWH, it only gets better in the next book.

Oh, I've read the whole of the X-Wing series several times since I was 14. I'm on another trip through, mostly because it's been a while since I've read them. I agree that Iron Fist is absolutely hilarious. And Solo Command contains the excerpt that my best friend and I did for our oral interpretation in our speech class- you know, Janson's speech about how "You can't look dignified when you're having fun." :D

I had fun being Wes. It rocked my world. Especially the part where I got to 'jump on the bed,' hit my head on the 'ceiling,' and crash on to the ground.

I don't think the rest of the class quite knew what to make of it.

4. darthmalt16

darthmalt16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 2000
    lol C-wdh I c just see that. Hmm I might haave to try that in a class.

5. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Iron_Fist: "But I do reccommend SoA. It is an excellent read."

Then, read it I shall ;) .

6. Iron_Fist

Jan 30, 2003
    Strid: Good. You'll love it. ;) :D

7. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Thats always good news, cause if not I would have to hurt you...badly... 8-}

Anyhow below is the new opening post, I have already asked our forum manager to alter for me. So here it is... :)

"Expanded Universe- Social Reading Caf'e"

Welcome to the Expanded Universe- Social Reading Caf?e here, we strongly urge you to stay and check out our great kick back facilities. Where you as a reader of these great novels (from Han Solo to Rouge Squadron and beyond) may enjoy the feeling of open discussions with other members, comfortable recliners, an occasional cup of our board famous ?Swiss Coco?, and Brazilian sweet chocolates found only in this corner of the galaxy ;) .

Now with these things in mind, allow me to explain that on occasion we house geared discussions which I will introduce from week to week. These may include perhaps EU related Conventions, author appearances, or ?Monthly Book Discussions?- chosen by myself and or the current forum management (Genghis12 Online?) :)

If you have anything other then the discussion geared within this thread please view the EU-Forum Index for help locating the thread which you are most interested in posting within. Also, you may wish to view into these other forums, which deal heavily into the ideals of SW literature: [Literature, Literature Review Forum, & Authors & Artists]. And if you feel that you need to reply upon a un-released book please be sure to add ?Spoiler Warnings? before and after the post. Making it even transparent would do nicely. Now, with all these things properly addressed, let the Socializing Begin! :D

This Opening post was complied by: [[link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=726885][b]Stridarious[/b][/link]] (Updated 11/21/03)

8. darthmalt16

darthmalt16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 2000
    Looks good to me.

9. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    darthmalt16: "Looks good to me."

Cool, however, now I am calling on each of you herein to tell others of this place, as so that we can grow :D .

10. DarthNoll

DarthNoll Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2002
    Looks A-OK to me, too!

I just started "Remnant" yesterday and I'm already sucked into it. I didn't like the NJO when I first started reading them, but now that I'm nearing the end I'm really enjoying them.

I think it's the Yuuzhan Vong. They're really growing on me. Oh! They really could be! Aye carumba! ha ha OK, I'll cut back on the coffee... ;)

EDIT: I just read your post, Stridarious and I'll pass the word along.

11. Iron_Fist

Jan 30, 2003
    I have something to complain about that post! It has a few misspellings and incorrect grammar! Horrible for an opening post! :mad: [face_mischief] 8-}

12. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    DarthNoll: "I just started "Remnant" yesterday and I'm already sucked into it. I didn't like the NJO when I first started reading them, but now that I'm nearing the end I'm really enjoying them."

Oh, I heard that it is an excellent story, one which was well worth the long wait for its release.

*Sips from his cup and takes a bite of chocolate*

Besides, what book isn't good which comes from Star Wars EU? :confused: 8-}

Anyway, thanks for passing along the word as well, with all your help we'll become more popular then all those other social bars and grilles! ;)

[b]Iron_Fist[/b]: "[i]I have something to complain about that post! It has a few misspellings and incorrect grammar! Horrible for an opening post! [face_angry] [face_mischief] [face_silly] [/i]"

You're kidding, right? [face_confused]

*looks at the post*

I don't see anything... [face_silly]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.