main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EU Squadron! - Join up here.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ganner, Oct 16, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ganner

Ganner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2000
    Alright, this thread was inspired by some of the ideas mentioned in the "Why EU Sucks" thread.

Some people mentioned that we shouold have a couple people who can go in a n defense someone who is getting ripped by the "down witht the EU" fanatics.

Therefore, I say we start EU SQUADRON!

We can use this thread as a home base and people who get rippped by those loonies can turn here for help.

Through 'hit-and-fade' postings we can fly in to the offending forum, in our Xwing browsers, and strike a blow to the attackers!

Who's with me!

2. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Sry but i think that if we do this the board will become a roleplay board and becomes no fun for anyone to go to it'll be all Spamming
    Don't look to me for support

3. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Focus/Reality:

Focus: EU Bashers = The Enemy
    Reality: There will be neverending war between the two POV's

or

Focus: We're all passionate fans of AGFFA. Discussions about the movies needs to be based on merit, not source.

Reality: Intelligent discussion and respect within & between the two POV's

4. Ganner

Jun 9, 2000
    Yeah, sure. I wasn't proposing that we go in and bash them too. I was just saying that we'd go in and defend the person bashed by backing him up in whatever the debate is.

The Xwing analogy is just for fun, not because we'd be fighting.

5. Darth Darkheart

Darth Darkheart Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2000
    Well... I don't know why anyone would be against this, really... I'm in, if we simply go to the aid of anyone being bashed for referencing the EU with, and cooly and calmly talk to the bashers, asking them to respect other people... So... Yeah...

6. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    I think most EU fans can intelligently discuss the movies. There are very few EU fans who go out saying "The movies suck! They're a load of crap!" etc. And to be fair, I think most movie fans feel the same way about EU.

But you'll find some people who love the movies, and hate the EU, and will bash it at any oppertunity. These people are firm in their convictions that the movies are all there is to Star Wars, and everything else is beneath their notice.

You can either
    A) Try to reason with them. This is a mistake. They don't care about EU at all, and will ignore any arguements you make in favor of it.

B) Flame them. Also a mistake. It will get you banned if you're not careful to boot. Flaming only begets more flaming.

C) Ignore them. If you're not on a movie forum, and they start trashing EU, you might consider sending a pointed but polite PM, saying that though they are entitled to that opinion, you'd rather they kept it to themselves, or at least among like minded individuals.

Anyways, if the flaming gets really bad and nasty, consider informing an admin. They may delete the thread to keep the boards clean, or give the offenders a warning.

7. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    Heh. =D

Just for fun, I'll sign up. We ought to put our "callsigns" in our sigs, like this:

----------signature-----------
    jedimasterED
    EU Squadron

And, we ought to vow now not to use any flame/troll-like behavior, to hold each other accountable to such behavior, and to use sound, logical defenses of our EU friends.

EU Squadron to the rescue! =D

8. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Copy, EU Leader!

-------fake signature-------

Jedi Merkurian
    EU 9 *The Force is strong in that one!*

9. Gandalf the Grey

May 14, 2000
    I got dibs on EU 5!

----------signature----------
    EU 5, four lit, ready to fly!

Out of the blackness and stench of the engulfing swamp emerged a shimmering figure. Only the splattered armor and ichor-stained sword hinted at the unfathomable evil the knight had just laid waste.

10. Thanos6

Thanos6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 1999
    Word!

----fake----

EU 13

11. jedimasterED

Oct 10, 1999
    Alright, then, I guess I'm going to have to drop my "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" quote from my sig.

I think Ganner ought to be EU Leader/EU 1, since he thought of it. I'll take 7.

How 'bout this format (uniformity is key, here):

----------signature----------
    username
    EU #
    EU Squadron

"Your quote here."

12. Darth Darkheart

Darth Darkheart Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2000
    EU 9 would be cool... If I could take that... :)

13. jedimasterED

Oct 10, 1999
    Darth Darkheart, Jedi Merkurian already has 9. Bob Vitas's Excellent Encyclopedia has the listings of all known Rogues and their respective callsigns at the known battles. Check it out:

http://www.theforce.net/swenc/encyc-r.htm

Just scroll down to the listing for Rogue Squadron.

14. Gandalf the Grey

May 14, 2000
    Whooohhooo! I've got Janson's call sign! Rogue 5! (it was also Lukes number in ANH!)

15. jedimasterED

Oct 10, 1999
    Hey, maybe instead of EU #, we could choose a color #. What do you think about that? What color would you want? Could we have a squadron made up of different colored wings?

This could get complicated, but I look forward to going en masse to defend the innocent EU supporters.

16. Gandalf the Grey

May 14, 2000
    Red Squadron. It was Luke's squadron in the attack on the first death star, an attack made by a ptifully outnumbered force, against a huge superweapon. Much as we few shall defend the EU against the big, bad, prequel fans!

I can hold it! I can hold hit! [smoosh]

[Gandolf bangs head into table several times]

I'm better now...

17. jedimasterED

Oct 10, 1999
    Yeah, I like Red, too. Maybe, when a more of people join up, we could go to other colors. I'm changing my sig. Hope you other EU Sqaudron members do too.

18. Ganner

Jun 9, 2000
    ALL RIGHT! Great to see this squadron being formed up! Good reccomendation JedimasterED, I have my sig set up now.

As far as the idea of making a color, that won't be necessary. Some squadrons have a name instead of a color. (Like 'Rogue' Squadron) We're 'EU' squadron. (If I'm wrong about that, somebody let me know.)

WHOOHOOOOO!

(Can you tell I've been reading the Xwing books?)

19. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    Can I be #4?

20. jedimasterED

Oct 10, 1999
    4's yours, Gav!

Okay, Lead, you want EU #, that's what'll be!

21. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    im ready to go in again. Can i be EU-X, the special/black ops pilot? I'd even fly in my own black X-Wing

22. Ganner

Jun 9, 2000
    Sounds fine to me, Lord Bane.

Also, I figure that after we run out of spots in the squadron, someone can head up a 'LIT' squadron.

23. Art_Core

Art_Core Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 18, 2000
    I'll take 11 if no one has it.

24. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I'll take any number left!

25. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    The Black Knight - EU X - has begun his run. Everything green and five by five.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.