main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EU Squadron! - Join up here.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ganner, Oct 16, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    Darth-Boba-Fett is Black 3

Asyr Handor: Choose a number within Black, maybe 5 and lead 2 flight

Lord-Red-12: Choose a number within Black, maybe 12 or 9 and lead 3 flight

2. Spiderdevil

Spiderdevil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    Any suggestions on what I should be flying as XO? Should I be like Tycho and fly a Lambda-class shuttle? Or a fighter?

3. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Sorry Ganner, count me out. I'd be more likely to go in with the intent to defend and then end up in a major arguement that would do no one any good.

4. Spiderdevil

Sep 20, 2000
    All right, after an extensive search on this site http://frankg.dgne.com/swsv/ (good place for info on ships), I'll be accompanying you kids in a Skipray Blastboat. Probably get myself a droid or two, we'll have introductions later. Null out.

5. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    Hey, wouldn't it make more sense to choose names from EU squadrons? Wraith Squadron, Dinner Squadron, Silly Squadron...

6. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    We got a live one, here, folks!

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1121854&replies=8

7. Lord Bane

May 26, 1999
    Vectoring in.

All right Black Flight, lets get ready to debate in a civil sense, but defend yourself if attacked!

8. Spiderdevil

Sep 20, 2000
    Roger that, Ed. Looks like the gauntlet has been thrown down.

9. Ganner

Ganner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2000
    OK, so let me answer a few points.

The squadron is 'EU SQUADRON' if we change it to Rogue, Wraith, etc. we could lose sight of the purpose.

As far as flights, let's kep it simple and stick to colors, in true EU style.

As far as rank, droids, type of starfighter, etc. Well, that's up to you, but not necessary for the purpose of what we're doing. Especially in these formative stages of the squadron, it tends to complicate things. But again, it's up to you.

jedimasterED made some very good points. But I have a slightly different list in mind. Here's what is NECESSARY to be in the squadron:

1) Back-up your teammates in their defense of the EU.
    2) Alert the Squadron of any 'enemy activity'.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY:

3) NO FLAMING of others in defense of the EU. Be able to intelligently defend your views while maintaining a sense of dignity and respect. If you create a bad image of yourself while performing squadron duties, you made the rest of us look bad.

10. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    And number three is the prime reason why I had to turn you down. Afraid I'll get into an arguement that starts out intelligently but ends up just being a flame war. Sorry Ganner, can only speak for myself on this, but I think we all need to consider this fact before signing on. That way, we assure this fledgling squadron of yours a good reputation as simply defending folks and not getting into or instigating flame wars.

11. Ganner

Jun 9, 2000
    That's OK, Knight. I admire your integrity in this matter.

I you become ready to join one day, I'll be glad to have you on!

12. Lord Bane

May 26, 1999
    That is what we do; we defend others who are being harrassed or if the EU is being blatantly harrased.

We are civil and we do not instigate anything; but we also fight back if attacked viciously. We cannot be weak in the face of the Movie Forum, or we lose all credability.

13. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    Yes indeed. The third one is of utmost importance. I honor your candor, Knight1192. "Knowing one's self is the first step in the journey of reaching peace with one's station in life."

It's Lead's show. Adhere to these rules, EU Squadron. They'll keep us afloat.

And, BTW, it seems the tide is turning in the offending thread.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1121854&replies=8

14. Lord Bane

May 26, 1999
    Eloquent; we must be eloquent at all costs, but firm as well.

15. Spiderdevil

Sep 20, 2000
    Nice to see how swiftly the Squadron raced into action. We could quickly become a force to be reckoned with.

16. Dev Sibwarra

Jun 4, 1999
    Yes, if the initial enthusiasm and excitement can be kept alive.

I agree with what has been said. Flaming is counterproductive. BTW, I'd be careful about referring to that topic as the "offending thread". Makes us sound a bit fanatical in a Yuuzhan Vong sort of way. :) Aside from that, I'm glad that everyone can agree to speak reasonably instead of resorting to personal and emotional attacks.

17. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Ok, quick question. How many are involved in this squadron. Just by looking at the number of pages, even though there are undoubtedly a number of posts posted by the same folks, it seems to me that there are more than a squadron's worth. So maybe you need to think about making it a wing or a fleet. Just a suggestion.

18. Lord Bane

May 26, 1999
    Knight-

Ganner leads the EU Squadron as a whole and Red Flight, a group of 13 "pilots."

I lead Black Flight, which is newly comissione, with only 5 or so pilots, with a few more in the process. If you join, you can pick most any number you want in Black Flight, but no new Flights until this is filled. The it is Gold Flight.

Spiderdevil is the XO overall and will be posting some stats later on.

19. Spiderdevil

Sep 20, 2000
    Lord Bane suggested to me that as XO I should run through the thread and see which Squadron members came to the defense of the EU. So far, we've got Ganner, Darth-Boba-Fett, jedimasterED, Lord Bane, Dev, and myself.

20. Ganner

Jun 9, 2000
    Your doing a good job there, Spiderdevil!

We should probably have Darth DarkHelmut read the three rules here and chill a bit. He was walking the line a bit on flaming in that thread.

Remember, you fly better when you stay calm and have your head clear.

21. Spiderdevil

Sep 20, 2000
    Thanks, Lead. I've almost got that elusive first star! Well, it's been elusive for me anyway. :p

22. Dev Sibwarra

Jun 4, 1999
    Hmmm... does anyone have any statistics on how long it takes to write an average novel versus a Star Wars book?

23. Spiderdevil

Sep 20, 2000
    I read that post too, Dev. I have no idea where Ethril got his basis for that.

24. Lord Bane

May 26, 1999
    I suggest we recruit from the supporters we found in the "Battleground" thread, or the one abotu "EU and confusion" in the Ep2&3 forum. There are some smart people out there who do not even know what the EU Squadron is.

25. Spiderdevil

Sep 20, 2000
    Ah yes, but unfortunately, there are also some smart*ss people out there who know what our squadron is and mock us. We must deal with these rapscallions, and our justice must be swift and vigilant. (Just kidding about that last part, I do agree with the recruitment drive idea, though I don't think we should expand too far too soon.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.