main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EU Television Series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Luxor-Three, Mar 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luxor-Three

Luxor-Three Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2001
    I was thinking that an HBO or Showtime could make an EU television series similar to that of The Sopranos, in that it would run once a week for an hour. The story could be picked up in the time period before Exar Kun so that the special effects cost would not be as high. Any thoughts?

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  3. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I doubt it...

4. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    Well,actually I was thinking more on the lines of Rogue Squadron.

5. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    One of the cool things about Lucas and SW is that he didn't make a film every two years and adapt the franchise for television. Quality, not quantity. Otherwise it might as well be Star Trek.

6. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Well, I dont know if Id exactly call TPM quality... ;)

7. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    I would.

Also, the EU has not done what Trek novels do, which is have 2 or more new ones come out every month, with literally thousands available, most of which don't have any character progression at all ( because the authors aren't allowed to have them be. )

Paramount failed too many times. I don't think Trek will ever be on the same level as SW, in terms of overall quality. It's still quite good though, don't get me wrongo.

8. Luxor-Three

Luxor-Three Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2001
    I think Star Wars has more of story line and has more intriguing characters than Star Trek. That is the reason why I never became a Treky, the stories do not have continuity unlike the Star Wars stories. That is why I believe it would be a decent series because there is so much more you can do with the Star Wars unverse.

9. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    it would be cool to have a show on the Tales of the Bounty Hunters or Mos Eisley, or a new one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.