main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EU that should have a game adaptation

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by darth_Boba, Aug 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    I checked the thread index and didn't see a thread like this one, but if I missed something just tell me and I can get it locked.

I think it might be a good idea for some other EU outlets to have a game based around them. There's adaptations for the movies, so why not novels, comics, and TV?

Personally I think Dark Empire might make a good game, and it would be interesting to see whether or not the developers stayed true to the style seen in the comics.

What EU would you like to see made into a game?

2. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Ya know, despite the fact that a lot of people dislike Dark Empire... It would be neat.

And Swoop Racing! With the rocket powered swoop from Tatooine Ghost!

And NJO game would be cool.

And are we forgetting about Shadows of the Empire?

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, the X-Wing novels, based on Wedge's exploits with Rogue Squadron woult be cool - but only if it were a Totally Games Space Combat sim, not a Factor-5 Arcadey style game.

And I moot that this thread become the de-facto one to refer all future "They should make an NJO game" threads to. [face_mischief]

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    There was a SOTE game but I wouldn't mind seeing a new one. I never played the original one.

If they ever do a Bounty Hunter II with Boba Fett I wouldn't mind seeing his fight with Jodo Kast as one of the levels..

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'd also like to see the X-Wing novels (particularly the Wraith Squadron ones) done as a game...only in the Factor 5 arcadey style game ;)

Dark Empire has great potential.

It'd be a great opportunity to take some of the great military campaigns only mentioned in the Essential Guides and turn them into full game campaigns- like the SSD vs SSD Ackbar vs Pellaeon battle or Daala's core warlords vs Garm.

For the NJO, Dark Tide: Ruin, Edge of Victory: Conquest, Star By Star and The Unifying Force would lend themselves well to games.

A Darth Maul game based on Shadow Hunter would be pretty sweet too.

6. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Someone should do a Mortal Kombat style Jedi fighting game. That would be sweet.

7. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    There's two of those already.

8. Sn4tcH

Oct 22, 2004
    Two? Masters of Teras Kasi, and what else?

9. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    The next Jedi Knight/Academy game should have you choosing to play as Jacen/Jaina through their Jedi Training, pre NJO arc. Then the sequel puts you in the NJO.

10. Sn4tcH

Oct 22, 2004
    Young Jedi Knights... that series would make a decent game!

11. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Yeah a YJK game sounds like it'd be a lot of fun.
    I always imagined that the sequel to Jedi Outcast would be set in the NJO, and it would involve Kyle fighting Yuuzhan Vong. Instead we got Jedi Academy (which, while quite fun to play, had a pitiful storyline).

12. Sn4tcH

Oct 22, 2004
    It was too soon after Outcast, me thinks. But hey, anything with Ragnos in it makes me happy. But yes, I wouldn't mind seeing Kyles fight against the Vong. It's been pretty well documented and sounds action packed, and would make a good game. Not mention it would make it more "canonee"

13. darth_Boba

Aug 28, 2002
    I think that perhaps a Clone Wars Cartoon game might be fun. Of course, it would have to be cel-shaded, but there's quite a lot of action in the series (it would be fun to have one on one battles with Durge or Asajj Ventress).

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    One of these days I need to get ahold of SotE and an N64. Sounds like a good game. And that fighting game, looked on EBay for it, nothing.

15. darth_Boba

Aug 28, 2002
    Masters of Teras Kasi shouldn't be too hard to find. You could probably find it anywhere you can rent PS1 games.

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Try a secondhand game store - they might have it in the PS1 bin. Stupid query - can you play PS1 games on a PS2?

17. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    LAJ, you sure can.

18. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I played Teras Kasi on my PC using a PS1 emu

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I have neither a PS nor a PS2, nor access to either. I shall have to try what jp said.

20. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Yeah, God forbid you'd lay down $20 for a used PS1.

I'd like to see an I, Jedi game that starts right after Corran/Kieran/Jenos leaves the Academy (simply because nothing prior to that would provide decent VG action). You could go and mess around with the citizens of whatever planet those pirates are on, kick *** both as a Jedi on foot and in a Clutch as Rock Leader.

As for a DE game, I love it. Can't wait to take down an AT-AT with just a lightsaber and the Force. Finally, an end to all that "Use your harpoon and Tow Cables. Go for the legs" crap.

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    yeah, Luke kicking ass during the Imperial Civil War would be pretty bitching.

22. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    As opposed to a Mortal Kombat style game (IMO Masters of the Teras Kasi was beyond weak), I'd rather see a Soul Calibur Jedi fighting game. Just throw an Infinities label on it and then we can have Luke going up against Darth Maul, Yoda vs. Vader, etc. They could have TONS of characters from the PT, OT, NJO, and KOTOR. Man that would be sweet!

23. Sn4tcH

Oct 22, 2004
    Or it could be retconned into a simulation of some type...

Anyways, no one mentioned what the other Star Wars fighting games was!

24. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    lol i dont think that Lucasarts is gonna be makin a go at another mortal kombat style game for a while. They might be too aware of their last failure to even attempt it.

Still, if they could pull it off, id play it. And id LOVE to play an I, Jedi game. Corran is my hero :) Tho i dont think players would be too keen on the idea of playing a jedi and not being able to force choke them and hold them over a bottomless chasm and drop them to their doom, what with him not having much of a telekenisis aptitude.

25. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    As far as I know there isn't one besides Masters of the Teras Kasi. I think plo_koom might be mistaken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.