main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EU that should have a game adaptation

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by darth_Boba, Aug 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    lol, you bring a good point. One thing though, the game could go all over. You could be Luke searching for Jedis, Kyp being evil, Corran and his super hero stuff, even lil Jacen whomping on birds.

2. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    Yeah, MOTK is the only Star Wars Fighter I ever knew of.

*edit* and for what it was, I liked it. Playing as a Tusken Raider was pretty cool IMO.

3. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    I'd definitely go for some games based on the X-wing novels (both Rogue and Wraith).

Besides that, how about a KotOR style RPG that puts you in the shoes of Ulic Qel-Droma from the time of his training all the way to his redemption?

Or, maybe an actiony type game that takes place during the Ruusan conflict. You could play as Bane, Hoth, Charny, or even one of those kids. If not an action game, maybe a RTS game like C&C or Starcraft. That would work just as well. Either way, that era needs to be fleshed-out a little more.

4. Darth_Rictor

Darth_Rictor Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2005
    Just make any game thats EU. I don't want to wait a couple of years for these games, because NJO vong series ended over a year ago. I,Jedi was mentioned, and I read that 6 years ago. I don't even remember half of it.
    I like the KOTOR games(as long as there finished). RoTS was alright for the 2 days it took to beat. Empire at War looks great, but thats not really EU. Either is Battlefront 2, but I love those too. Lego was fun to play at the game store, and Star Wars online might be great if your into that, but If xbox has KOTOR, then give PS2 or PS3 one of there own.
    I would love to see a game where we could fight the vong. When I first heard of Voxins, I thought about fighting one in a game. The picture could get blurry to ther point of blindness when they screach and the sounds could get fuzzy afterwards. How about slaughtering hundreds of reptile slaves that they used. There's a hundred things they could do, but please do it.
    As for Gamecubers, sorry you can have Young Jedi Knights. I'd play that one if it came out, but it would turn out to be extremely childish. They wouldn't kill in that game. But the idea of Jaina fighting Jacan in the Shadow Academy might be fun. Oh... and Zakks training in zero gravity would also be fun too. alright, make that one for us too.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>As for Gamecubers, sorry you can have Young Jedi Knights. I'd play that one if it came out, but it would turn out to be extremely childish. They wouldn't kill in that game<<

There was plenty of killing in the YJK series- between Dark Jedi, New Imperium forces and those aliens that attacked the retreat in Lightsabers, there are plenty of targets to be had.

6. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I'ld like a Rouge Squadren type game that plays through the New Republiv era. then a Episode 3 type game set during the NJO.

7. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I'd much rather see Knights of the New Republic. I don't see how that wouldn't sell. Just throw in a couple of OT cameos and BOOM instant hit.

8. Duro_Blade

Duro_Blade Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    How about a CLone Wars game? That would be swick, no? Even a game based on the cartoon series, or just based off the comics. I know we have that lame as hell vehicle Clone Wars crap, but it's just that: crap. I want a third person Clone Wars game where I can go around and lead battles and all that hype.

9. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    I'm all for a Wraith Squadron game (done like XWA). One book = one campaign. After that have a few campaigns that take you from then through TTT, DE and JAT eras.

I, Jedi would also be good for a similar game.

10. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    I thougth Rebel strike was a good concept which was executed quite poorly. Rebel strike also just felt like an arcade game, there was nothing x-wing or tie-fightery about the game apart from flying in a starship, but then it wasn't really a star ship, because if you could do a loop you were lucky, and the stupid bloody game boundarys and the way it ran so much on rails.

Make it more engaging, have the mission briefings and everything from the xwing/tiefighter games, but have some third person action in there too, but done decently, so rather than a timed pursuit (which could still be used in places), there are other parts to it, infiltrating a base to set explosives, creep out, then join your mates in a ship to bombard the base, for example.

11. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    I don't think that would be too much of a stretch if you start from the XWA engine. After all it had character sized units (Space Stormtroopers, EV Pilots and people in space suits). After all most flight sims are just 3D first person shooters.

12. Jedi_AnakinSolo

Jedi_AnakinSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2005
    i think a NJO game would be great. like a following of the Solo kids. jumping from different adventures

13. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I wouldn't mind a game based on YJK at all - it doesn't even have to adapt the storyline, but a game where you control Jacen, Jaina, Lowie and Tenal Ka in that time period could be interesting. This could then lead to a sequel set in the NJO era.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Jedi Knight: New Jedi Order, controlling Kyle again.

14. Jedi_AnakinSolo

Jedi_AnakinSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2005
    yes i agree but i would like to see anakin to

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.