main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EUC Fanfic - Birth of a Jedi - Part 2 of 2 by Sinrebirth (complete mini-fic)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    This thread represents a continuation of the oft-forgotten EUC Fanfic. All Fanfics must be passed through the thread runner (let's say its me for now), and with the thread runners approval can be posted up in this thread. You are more than welcome (and are encouraged) to write stories set in the EU City, the city where the Expanded Universe Community resides.

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Birth of a Jedi

Sinrebirth, otherwise known as Darth Insipid, Dark Lord of the Sith, threaded his way through the wreckage of the Wedge Fans building. He had his lightsaber to hand as he dove between debris, though he acknowledged that his black and red cloak would paint him as a target nonetheless. The roar of an X-wing sent him diving behind what was left of the sign that had once adorned the Wedge Fan building, and Sinre looked up, recognizing the tell-tale colour scheme of the snubfighter of adaml83, an old foe of the Sith Order.

Sinre considered throwing some masonry after it, but he doubted it would reach in time. All of a sudden, the roaring of another fighter craft echoed out - all but above him. The Sith Lord looked up to see the pink-lined X-wing of Adalia-Durron, the Chancellor of EU City. The s-foils spat out silly string, the calling card of the Wild Knights, and as Sinre was engulfed in it switched over to lasers. Sinre ignited his saber, cut apart the string, and dove, only just avoiding an untimely death.

He looked up, and hissed at the fleeing X-wing.

Snap-hiss

Sinre spun, hearing the lightsaber ignite, turning to block his throat. Sure enough, a blade sought to cut his head free, and the Sith was looking down the blade of JEDI_TEEGIRLOO, crimson like his own. Sinre bared his teeth. "Ah, Dark Jedi."

"Sith, I'll have you know."

Sinre leaned into the blade, bringing his second hand to brace, and spoke. "Not since I declared the Rule of Two, my old friend." TEE didn't respond to that, and instead swept away, imbalancing Sinre and then throwing herself back at him. Sinre turned his fall forward into a roll, tasted the gravel on the floor, and came to his feet on the defensive. "Oh, you didn't like that, did you? When I disinherited you."

TEE grinned. "I was Dark Lord before you even made Lord, Sinre. You had no right to do such a thing." Concentrating, Sinre managed to catch her blade in a bind, only for TEE to reveal it was a feinted mistake and swept him off his feet. Hitting the ground hard, Sinre swung his blade wildly, knocking aside TEEs for the moment he required to roll away, but TEE was on him, cutting deep into his side as he scrabbled for purchase.

Sinre bit his lip and shoved out with simultaneously with his hand and the Force, which TEE caught with her own shield. She lost a few centimetres before she dug her feet in, but her defences hardened as Sinre threw his hand forward again. She smiled, knowing her defences this time would completely deflect the effort.

However, Sinre's second hand movement was not hurling invisible energy, but in-fact ripping off a chunk of the building behind him. TEE dropped her blade and refocused her efforts into telekinesis, setting a trap with the dropped hilt. She expected to see Sinre go for the blade, and set himself up for the return of his debris. Instead, however, Sinre was gone, and TEE was left with dust, but the knowledge that she had all but bested the Dark Lord pleased her.

"Next time," she vowed, aloud, and then she turned to leave behind the wreckage.

--

Sinre, for his part, fled back to the Dominion of Darkness club building, the black basalt walls a welcome fortress. Passing the doors, Sinre limped to his throne, looking to his wound. A voice echoed from the shadowy corners of the room, and Darth-Deception emerged, a flounce to his step, a grin permanently pasted to his lips. "How goes you?"

Gritting his teeth and standing upright, seeking to mask the wound he bore, Sinre held out his hand. Deception didn't flinch, though he should have done, probably because he was mad. Ordinarily, his Dark Jedi would flinch if he raised his hand in a choke hold. Deception, didn't. Sinre lowered his hand, and took the final steps to the throne, while speaking. "I am the Dark Lord, Deception. Remember this."

"How goes you, sir?"

Slumping in the throne, Sinre gripped the arms, knuckles white. "I am fine, Deception. Report."

"The EUC Awards were a great success, and I have received numerous

3. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    *Sits down on a chair and eats popcorn*

*Smiles with amusement*[face_devil]

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    reloads silly string cannons before sitting down under her ship waiting for her next move to be plotted!

5. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Well, this brings back memories.

6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Good ones, one hopes?

7. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    None negative, certainly.

8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    *slits eyes*

That's an Imperial response!

9. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    When have I ever given any other kind? :p

10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It's too Imperial, even by your standards. :p

11. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    =D=

I only have one suggestion....

MORE ME!

[face_laugh]

No, seriously, that was fun. Great job!

12. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I can't wait to see the next chapter.

Seriously, Sinre, I am not talking to you until I see more! [face_not_talking] :p

13. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    You don't give him what he wants to achieve your goals silly, you have to annoy him, he likes his solitude!!!

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Well I don't want to annoy him too much. Some of his parts might fall off again

*Picks something up off the ground, looks at it, than looks at Sinre*

Excuse me, is this your finger? :p

15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Did you just threaten me? :p

I'm going to sit on my post for another day.

Or will I? Or won't I?

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    As my PC is having issues, I thought it best to post this up... less oldtimers, but a few newcomers so they can have their moment in the sun.

Part 2

[b]Bardan_Jusik[/b] prowled the halls of the Senate, as his job as security officer. Retained for the past few terms of [b]Sinre[/b] and [b]Adalia[/b], he knew almost everything about these halls, and he enjoyed his job. He was one of the most prominent Mandalorians in the entire city, such as it was. The others tended to want to retain their independence, though he had spoken often to the 'leader' of the Mandalorians, [b]Etain[/b], and to [b]Robimus[/b], the gentleman from Lit City who often frequented these parts. Completing his circuit, having inclined his helmeted head in greeting to Senator [b]Albaholly[/b] on his way around, Bardan arrived at the chamber itself.

His HUD almost immediately detected the amassing fog, and Bardan unsheathed his blaster and vibroblade. A smoke grenade, clearly. He pointed those into the smoke, and rotated his HUD to check his rear quickly. Nothing. But by the time to his HUD moved back into place a cloaked figure stood. One helluva tall figure. Bardan resisted the urge to step back, instinctively, and instead pointed his weapon.

"No violence today, Mandalorian."

Bardan didn't sheath his weapons, looking over the figure, becoming more evident as the smoke dispersed. The mans robes were pure white, which was a bit odd, as he was used to seeing black or redrobes running around this place. Bardan elected to speak. "I have been hired by the Senate, and I won't take a contract out on the Chancellor accordingly, if that's what you're looking for."

"Quite," said the man? woman? The voice was masked, but the bemusement lacing the tone wasn't. "I didn't want you to. I want to hire you to defend the Jedi Temple."

"Why?" Bardan said, irritable. "There aren't any [i]jetii[/i] there, and haven't been since [b]Swan[/b] departed for the Rim."

The cloaked man held out a credchip, tentatively, it seemed, and Bardan reached out, and took it. A quick scan showed it was legitimate, and the Mandalorian pocketed, quickly, because it certainly wasn't small change. "Let me guess, there will be some [i]jetii[/i] there."

"Correct. Your job is to protect them until the new elections. I shall pay you that amount again on completion. Preferably, I'd prefer none of the Jedi to be aware that you are there. If any Jedi die, you can expect a deduction in your fee. That's non-negotiable." Before Bardan could respond, from the cloaked mans sleeve fell another grenade, to which Bardan took a step back, but the man threw it down and vanished into smoke.

Bardan shrugged. Money was money, and the contract wasn't counter to any of his current ones, so he may as well. Might be fun, after all.

He spoke, aloud, to the fading smog.

"Deal."

--

[b]CPL_Macja[/b] could sense the intruder, but he expected that [b]Risca_Skywalker[/b] couldn't. He also doubted that the gizmo's in [b]Ryi_Korle-Fett[/b]'s helmet could pick up the newcomer, either. So far, the presence had been content to prowl the surroundings of the Temple, and CPL was happy to allow them to do so. Until they did something, CPL had no need to approach - there had been a dozen thieves prowling the grounds when they had arrived.

CPL returned his attention to Risca, whom was doing lightsaber drills with her sister, Ryi. Ryi was Mandalorian, while Risca was a Padawan of sorts, a curious pair at the best of times. Victims of the wars, they were quick to respond, a reaction that had saved them half a dozen times, of that CPL was of no doubt. But soon the two of them would need to grow, and that required them to be calm, and not necessarily on the edge of taking out newcomers. An encounter with the Dark Lord of the Sith, [b]Sinrebirth[/b], had not gone too badly in the Blue Moon Cantina. An encounter with [b]Bardan_Jusik[/b], head of Senate Security, had gone less well, and Bardan had been required to defend himself from a stray bolt.

Thumbing his own blade, CPL leaped into the engagement, blocking Risca's s

17. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    It sounds really cool! I have just one question.

Where am I?? I'm a Newbie, on that thread, too!

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Unfortunately I wrote this on Thursday, before you joined the EUC, so I didn't have opportunity to include you.

But you may be in the next one! ;)

19. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    Darn...I was a day late, I guess?

Alright, I'll just have to wait...

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm hoping to have a few more Jedi centered stories, actually, so it should be good fun. The more Jedi the better. ;)

21. Ryi_Korle-Fett

Ryi_Korle-Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2011
    Nice job Sinre!

The character's seem real good! And I can totally picture that happening. Spot on indeed. I look forward to seeing some more.

22. Risca_Skywalker

Risca_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2011
    Ditto to what Ryi said!

Great Job Sinre! It's soooo cool!

Can't wait for the next one! :D And Ryi's right, all the characters are spot on!

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Absolutely fabulous! Loved the entire thing, as I was reading "my" parts, I was asking myself, what would I do next? And each and every time you gave the same answer. You wrote me perfectly! The best part was when CPL sees me and is about to attack. I literally said "oh osik", and than I see the next line is "Bardan swore". I laughed for a good five minutes after that. My daughter had to come and see what was so funny. Fantastic. =D=

24. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    =D=

and so it continues...

25. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I'm still taking time off, but I had to log on to find out when the next issue of Legacy was coming out so I stopped in here. Any questions for the next week still need to be directed at Jello.

I just wanted to say that I miss these stories and it warms this old girl's heart to see them back. [face_love] sweets

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.